• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does intellect and the education level of your partner matter to you? (2 Viewers)

Examine

same
HSC
No, you are not.

I have a few friends who are/were dating guys who were let's say.... not as clever as them.

Of course, these guys made up for it with good looks/boy-ish personality/"badass" etc.

In the end, it has never worked out because sometimes, you want to be able to discuss things like political events, news etc and when your 'partner' doesn't know anything about such things, it is a real turn-off.

I have been told by many that the following personality traits are big turn-offs, but don't take my word for it. Individuals are called individuals for a reason =)

- Immaturity

- Lack of ambition (big killer right there, I have been told)

- Laziness

- Arrogance (which comes with immaturity, I suppose)

- Being a bit of a ditz
I guess it depends on the individual as well, since I don't find the first 2 and the last one turn offs, while others might find all those traits annoying.

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
tbh, I exhibit those traits all the time, but it doesn't mean i'm incapable of being mature or showing ambition. Ditz, yeah, that'll always be a part of me. Everyone that has met me will confirm I act like a complete retard all the time.

But I guess when the time comes round, and I actually *need* to be sensible and/or make decisions, i'm able to rid myself of yknow, immaturity, laziness, arrogance and lack of ambition.

It's just more fun to be annoying and immature all the time ^_^

IamBread

HSC
tbh, I exhibit those traits all the time, but it doesn't mean i'm incapable of being mature or showing ambition. Ditz, yeah, that'll always be a part of me. Everyone that has met me will confirm I act like a complete retard all the time.

But I guess when the time comes round, and I actually *need* to be sensible and/or make decisions, i'm able to rid myself of yknow, immaturity, laziness, arrogance and lack of ambition.

It's just more fun to be annoying and immature all the time ^_^
It is great fun being impulsive!

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
It is great fun being impulsive!
it IS! AND BEING RANDOM.

I am probably the most random person you'll ever meet. I'm the type to randomly point at birds and go, "ohhhhh, it's a birdy!!" or randomly run up to a dog walking down the street to pat it, walking through random streets having no idea where i'm going, or just wandering in random alley ways and purposely trying to get lost. Or going to a park and playing and scaring off all the little kids.

Good times. I like being unpredictable, random and eccentric. It annoys the shit out of a lot of people, but I can't see myself changing any time soon. I'm really youthful and immature, and I don't want to grow up. So what if i'm in uni next year? I'll act the way i want :p

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Or the type to randomly sit with two girls and ask them to join BoS

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
That was u stupid.
Oh really? OH YEAH. LOL. That was me!

And I like talking to random people on the train.
People are really nice when you're nice to them, I don't know why more people don't do it. You could make their day. Just Friday did I talk to some random lady sitting next to me on the train. I saw she had a suitcase, so I asked her where she was going.

She's going to the central coast with her best friend of like 50 years or something, because they go everywhere. It's these kind of stories that really remind you that everyone has their own story, and that the world isn't such a horrible place because we're all human with feelings at the end of the day.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Oh really? OH YEAH. LOL. That was me!

And I like talking to random people on the train.
People are really nice when you're nice to them, I don't know why more people don't do it. You could make their day. Just Friday did I talk to some random lady sitting next to me on the train. I saw she had a suitcase, so I asked her where she was going.

She's going to the central coast with her best friend of like 50 years or something, because they go everywhere. It's these kind of stories that really remind you that everyone has their own story, and that the world isn't such a horrible place because we're all human with feelings at the end of the day.
Its true, some guy sat next to me on the train once, saw I was carrying a copy of hyper magazine and we talked about gaming for about 40 mins till I got off at my stop. Made the train ride a whole lot better

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I have been told by many that the following personality traits are big turn-offs, but don't take my word for it. Individuals are called individuals for a reason =)

- Immaturity - Yes, Worst ever

- Lack of ambition (big killer right there, I have been told) Depends, but yes, bit of a killer

- Laziness - Yes

- Arrogance (which comes with immaturity, I suppose) - A bit of arrogance is fine, imo... too much isnt

- Being a bit of a ditz - derp

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
Its true, some guy sat next to me on the train once, saw I was carrying a copy of hyper magazine and we talked about gaming for about 40 mins till I got off at my stop. Made the train ride a whole lot better
:)

I pledge to always try to talk to someone on the train from now on!
I find people my age harder to talk to though, because they seem so defensive and think I have some ulterior motive. Older people or little kids are a lot easier to talk to.

For a socially awkward asian like me to randomly approach people on the train, and usually getting a decent conversation out of it, shows that it's a really easy thing to do :p

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
i kNoW r1t3!!!!!!!

lol I can't believe i used to write like that when I was like... 12.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
:)

I pledge to always try to talk to someone on the train from now on!
I find people my age harder to talk to though, because they seem so defensive and think I have some ulterior motive. Older people or little kids are a lot easier to talk to.

For a socially awkward asian like me to randomly approach people on the train, and usually getting a decent conversation out of it, shows that it's a really easy thing to do :p
Its easier if you're a girl imo, as when a guy does it there's always the off chance that u come across as a crepe. I kinda gauge if the person looks lonely or if they have something in common to talk about

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
Its easier if you're a girl imo, as when a guy does it there's always the off chance that u come across as a crepe. I kinda gauge if the person looks lonely or if they have something in common to talk about
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I guess i'd be a little creeped out if some dude randomly sat next to me and tried talking to me. But only if they had weird body language or were looking shifty.
LOL

hayabusaboston

HSC
Well have you made a move on her?
Indeed, I tried EVER SO SUBTLY, it didn't work though. The reason is this: I casually asked some people how many couples there are in the grade, they told me this girl had a thing going on with a guy, but it wasn't definite. A few days later on valentines day, at the end of the day, I was helping her with maths homework (Boarding school lol). Then she explained how she had to reject the guy who she apparently had a thing with, because she wants to focus on school. Apparently he bought her a lot of gifts LOL, and she said no. So basically the hottest, smartest, most ambitious girl in the year, is OFF LIMITS
What a shame. The one girl who truly matches my personality in almost every aspect, turns out to be indifferent to me.

Last edited:

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Indeed, I tried EVER SO SUBTLY, it didn't work though. The reason is this: I casually asked some people how many couples there are in the grade, they told me this girl had a thing going on with a guy, but it wasn't definite. A few days later on valentines day, at the end of the day, I was helping her with maths homework (Boarding school lol). Then she explained how she had to reject the guy who she apparently had a thing with, because she wants to focus on school. Apparently he bought her a lot of gifts LOL, and she said no. So basically the hottest, smartest, most ambitious girl in the year, is OFF LIMITS
What a shame. The one girl who truly matches my personality in almost every aspect, turns out to be indifferent to me.
That was the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)