does ur school rank really affect ur mark? (1 Viewer)

HSC
lyounamu said:
It's just that your ridiculous theory brought all these attention.
every thread has a reason to be made n this 1 has a very special reason.

btw can u get ur SC marks recalculated?

lionking1191

HSC
digimonstudent said:

of course. that isn't really saying anything.

i think you can? it's like the clerical recheck...if it cost money (most likely will) i wouldn't waste the time

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
digimonstudent said:

ah, please get over SC. I don't think you can...and even if you can, it will prob cost money. Save money for HSC textbooks or for tutoring. Really! Get over SC and move forward. Never look back.

dp624

HSC
dude hsc >> sc.
please, get over your (good but not good enough) sc marks. as you're a 2010'er i recommend actually doing your entire hsc course now alongside your prelim, self acceleration is very useful if you have the time.
in fact that's how i spend the few months after my sc. that was enormous bludgefest

HSC
so since u guys all think SC means nothing then what r ur notions of what happened to the yr 12 girl who got 98 as an uai estimate but actually got 90?

dp624

HSC
digimonstudent said:
so since u guys all think SC means nothing then what r ur notions of what happened to the yr 12 girl who got 98 as an uai estimate but actually got 90?
school estimates fail unless they're a very stable school.
she probably got what she actually deserved, most people do. unless they really stuff up on the day or whatever

HSC
Trebla said:
Dude, there are people out there who get 99.95 or 100.00 UAI in very low ranked schools. That is enough evidence to disprove your claims.
most of u consider schools which r ranked like 200 n 300 to be dumb but this aint usually the case. im talking bout schools which r ranked <600. those schools r dumb. the 200 n 300 school aint as dumb as they seem.

lionking1191

HSC
digimonstudent said:
what about it? estimates wouldn't be estimates if it were 100% on the spot everytime.

digimonstudent said:
most of u consider schools which r ranked like 200 n 300 to be dumb but this aint usually the case. im talking bout schools which r ranked <600. those schools r dumb. the 200 n 300 school aint as dumb as they seem.
so there's dumb and there's 'dumb'? i really dno what you are trying to prove here. seriously i wouldn't worry about all this scaling/moderation/school rank thing and just focus on my studies. if you are really upset about it try harder to get into a school that isn't 600 whatever.

dp624

HSC
digimonstudent said:
the difference between 908th and the 680th school is ONE band6. lawl

HSC
dp624 said:
school estimates fail unless they're a very stable school.
she probably got what she actually deserved, most people do. unless they really stuff up on the day or whatever
yah well....... y does the BOS always send bad teachers to low ranked schools? i have teachers who got uais in mid 30s in my school. i also got teachers who never did hsc or sc. i bet all the teachers in ur school r smart aint they?

HSC
dp624 said:
the difference between 908th and the 680th school is ONE band6. lawl
well there must be more factors. i mean how do they determine the positions of the schools ranked from 681 - 908?

dp624

HSC
digimonstudent said:
yah well....... y does the BOS always send bad teachers to low ranked schools? i have teachers who got uais in mid 30s in my school. i also got teachers who never did hsc or sc. i bet all the teachers in ur school r smart aint they?
no dude, most of our teachers are extremely ... meh?
i think it's the teachers who choose which schools to go to. i'm not sure. i know that the ruse people who end up doong education actively try to go back to ruse to teach, lawl

suzlee

HSC
Oh this thread is still open...

I don't understand why this hasn't been settled after 7 pages of the same thing over and over again :confused:

New posters - I think we came to the point that digimon's theory wasn't right...

lionking1191

HSC
dp624 said:
no dude, most of our teachers are extremely ... meh?
i think it's the teachers who choose which schools to go to. i'm not sure. i know that the ruse people who end up doong education actively try to go back to ruse to teach, lawl
wow thats very...loyal of them

i think the hiring system is changing. it used to be BOS assigned and you had to serve at less than desirable (regional, poor performing schools) etc. before you can move up the pecking order but now that authority is handed over to the principals.

HSC
suzlee said:
Oh this thread is still open...

I don't understand why this hasn't been settled after 7 pages of the same thing over and over again :confused:

New posters - I think we came to the point that digimon's theory wasn't right...
CORRECT! thats the point of this thread to see if u all can keep up with me babbling. i was bored after all my study so i wanted some fun. i dont really care that much bout SC. in fact i think i actually do know now y my marks were so low but hey that reason is highly subjective n none of u will probably believe it.

lilredelmo

HSC
Digimon..
In your area are 2 excellent public schools..Penrith high..a fantastic school ranked 43
St Mary's Senior High.
Why didn't you apply for either of these??
You are obviously a very dilligent student suffering by the BOS bias..casn't understand if you feel victimised why you didn't go to one of these??

dp624

HSC
digimonstudent said:
CORRECT! thats the point of this thread to see if u all can keep up with me babbling. i was bored after all my study so i wanted some fun. i dont really care that much bout SC. in fact i think i actually do know now y my marks were so low but hey that reason is highly subjective n none of u will probably believe it.
NICE! about time =P
/sarcasm

HSC
lilredelmo said:
Digimon..
In your area are 2 excellent public schools..Penrith high..a fantastic school ranked 43
St Mary's Senior High.
Why didn't you apply for either of these??
You are obviously a very dilligent student suffering by the BOS bias..casn't understand if you feel victimised why you didn't go to one of these??
they wont accept me! they keep putting me on the waiting list!

suzlee

HSC
digimonstudent said:
So all this rather scenic situation was for "some fun"... right :D

If it was true - your 6 hours of study every day for SC or whatever it was - I'm sorry that you feel so bad about it.. :( I hope you get over it soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)