• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

does uws have cool people (1 Viewer)

Angel45

HSC
well they have parking so driving to uni is an option (buy a pass if u end up here)...

and it's a nice campus.

myprerogative05

HSC
is it hard i am doing a cetificate IV at tafe now but i will be doing that next year, my freind does marketing at uws and she really likes it

Angel45

HSC
the ppl in ur class are just as friendly as the ppl u bump into at the book shop and stuff...

every1's really willing to help (esp. if ur a first yr and need like to ask something.. u can ask without feeling like a nob).

Angel45

HSC
if ur @ parra it's a nice campus...

lil scary :S at night.. SPOOKY... but nice.. esp. by the river

L

LaraB

transport's no biggy :) got friends who live in newtown ish area and takes them only bout 20 minutes to get a train to parra... then the busses come like every 5 minutes and it takes only about 10 to get to the uni

the people are (mostly) heaps nice, most the lecturers are cool and really open to giving help and advice, the vast majority have attended and/or taught at several different unis so have a huge well rounded knowledge base and probly the majority are still working in the industry or research stuff so everyone's real up to date, plenty of student support services like study skill, essay writing, etc

plenty of 2nd hand books to save you money! lol!:)

heaps of social stuff to do, lots of variety available schedule wise - ie some unis 'give' you a timetable, we get a pretty big range of tute times and everything

its a nice campus - cool old buildings but a big nice new lecture hall and plenty of obthe rnew buildings, gettin another auditorium soonish too.. bball n tennis courts and plenty of ovals and stuff

so yeah heapsa good stuff:)

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
What's the gym like at Parra?
um yeah ignoring the pointless post below..

parra doesn't have a gym - we got the usual ovals, basketball courts, tennis courst, volleyball stuff but no gym...

have a look on the uni site - some campuses do some dont

L

LaraB

each have nice bits and not nice bits like all unis:)

unfortunatey the nicest campus is purely admin..:( trust the VC to pick the nicest one for her lol...

but i mean... they're all good.. cept maybe blacktown simply coz its part of the big complex with the school and the tafe so it isn't just uni people and uni facilities an dstuff.. although it does mean there's a pool and gym as a result but so its good too:)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
L <3 UWS people they are nice to me :)
I hope to drive next year since my units would be at Parra and Bankstown
Parra is 12mins by train I dunno how long by car with traffic maybe 20

Super_Flyse

HSC
It's ok, I will proudly represent the dropkicks of UWS.

Yay us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)