Does year 11 matter? (1 Viewer)

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Hey peeps who have already done yr 11 and yr 12. Well I have done really badly in year 11 - I haven't put in the effort and I haven't done any homework. So what do you think - do ppl who do badly in yr 11 usually do badly in yr 12?
or yr 11 doesn't matter at all?
has anyone bludged during yr 11 and excelled in yr 12?
-tell me what you think!
Also - which do you think is more indicative of your hsc/uai results - school certificate or preliminary yearly exams?

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Rockyroad said:
Hey peeps who have already done yr 11 and yr 12. Well I have done really badly in year 11 - I haven't put in the effort and I haven't done any homework. So what do you think - do ppl who do badly in yr 11 usually do badly in yr 11?
no
Rockyroad said:
no
Rockyroad said:
yes, me.
Rockyroad said:
-tell me what you think!
Also - which do you think is more indicative of your hsc/uai results - school certificate or preliminary yearly exams?
none.

beve

Jesus
HSC
Rockyroad said:
Lol thanks for answering you have made me happy.
its going to be a slap in the face when you have to pick up the slack, though. you do need to be in some kind of rhythm before you amp up to year 12.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
beve said:
its going to be a slap in the face when you have to pick up the slack, though. you do need to be in some kind of rhythm before you amp up to year 12.
hahahah. right.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
beve said:
Oh ok. Maybe I will start doing some work in the holidays then. :ninja:

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I don't know why i tried so hard to achieve dux every year. year 7, 8 and 9 dux of my grade. if it doesn't matter why did i try so hard?

LOL
Still i have been studying consistently for the School certificate, and plan to continue till year 11 and year 12 studying consistently 2 hours daily.

Don't say i will burn out. :p
i get that alot from my teachers.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
tommykins said:
2 hrs consistent study is perfect.
I'm glad someone agrees with me.
Because last time when i started a thread about studying 2 hours everyday, most of the people were telling me not to bother.
I ignored them.:p

Btw who started the term "burning out"?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
dux&src said:
I'm glad someone agrees with me.
Because last time when i started a thread about studying 2 hours everyday, most of the people were telling me not to bother.
I ignored them.:p

Btw who started the term "burning out"?
Well I think burning out refers to people who are seriously overworking stop doing so well because they are sick of working. I don't think 2 hours a night is overworking and therefore you are in little danger of 'burning out'. It's so good that you are so consistent. Good luck.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Rockyroad said:
Hey peeps who have already done yr 11 and yr 12. Well I have done really badly in year 11 - I haven't put in the effort and I haven't done any homework. So what do you think - do ppl who do badly in yr 11 usually do badly in yr 12?
-tell me what you think!
You cant go from zero to hero....

If you're not going good in year 11 you MOST LIKELY won't go too well in year 12....

Crates

Banned
HSC
Omium said:
You cant go from zero to hero....

If you're not going good in year 11 you MOST LIKELY won't go too well in year 12....
not necessarily. i think the above applies for maths, but it's pretty easy to excel in other subjects even if you didn't pay too much attention in class.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Crates said:
not necessarily. i think the above applies for maths, but it's pretty easy to excel in other subjects even if you didn't pay too much attention in class.
Haha...that's not true~

The top places in maths in yr 11 last year are all sort of swapped around this during year 12 maths...(6 people out of top 10 exit the top 10 region and tonnes of poor performers got into top 20 region)

But in generaly I thoroughly agree with Omium. You cannot really go from 0 to 0. You have to have soem kind of basis to excel.

Crates

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Haha...that's not true~

The top places in maths in yr 11 last year are all sort of swapped around this during year 12 maths...(6 people out of top 10 exit the top 10 region and tonnes of poor performers got into top 20 region)

But in generaly I thoroughly agree with Omium. You cannot really go from 0 to 0. You have to have soem kind of basis to excel.
ahahahaha, from zero to zero. lol. anyway, you can. i did.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Crates said:
I don't think it applies for maths - for the past few years the top of maths (both accelerated and non-accelerated) has changed every year - and I suspect it will change next year as well.

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
Certain subjects require you to do decently in year 11
Chemistry for example, you learn all of the fundamentals in year 11
Maths 2/3u...yes and no (all I remember from year 11 is those stupid trig identities)
otherwise, thats all I can think of
Oh english well...you would just develop your skills I suppose

flowergrl

HSC
if you bludge maths, you are basically not going to do well in the hsc. you need to be consistent in ur results and ranks.

english you can afford to bludge. science, you need tto keep up with the basic theory, equations and concepts (ESPECIALLY MOLES). if you don't you will need to work double time in hsc.

if you didnt do that well for maths, chemistry, physics- you will probably need intensive private tuition (because group tuition will not be individualised for you to catch up on prelim coursework).

english, you only need tuition for hsc year because you just have to memorise your final essays (theres 4 of them) and memorise your short story storyline.

M@ster P

HSC
flowergrl said:
if you bludge maths, you are basically not going to do well in the hsc. you need to be consistent in ur results and ranks.

english you can afford to bludge. science, you need tto keep up with the basic theory, equations and concepts (ESPECIALLY MOLES). if you don't you will need to work double time in hsc.

if you didnt do that well for maths, chemistry, physics- you will probably need intensive private tuition (because group tuition will not be individualised for you to catch up on prelim coursework).

english, you only need tuition for hsc year because you just have to memorise your final essays (theres 4 of them) and memorise your short story storyline.
for physics is understanding the basic concepts and calculations in year 11 good enough for year 12?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)