• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Doing scif courses in semester 1?? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I was just told that if you put off SCIF long enough the uni doesn't care anymore.

Lol

Never doing SCIF.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
good luck graduating when it's part of the degree rules

I know a fourth year who had that attitude and he was forced to take it before he could get into Honours.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
I'm doing SCIF1121 in first semester because it allowed me to have the timetable I wanted and I also wanted to get it out of the way lol

jaechen

HSC
GUYS I NEED HELP

Im doing a B commerce/science(advanced maths) double degree and i chose SCIF1121. But how come i have 2 lectures instead of 1 for SCIF (2 hours each)...... IS THAT NORMAL? (thats 6hrs of SCIF a week since I also have a 2hr tutorial)

One of the times is just titled a lecture and the other one is called lecture sequence 2 of 2...... IS THIS MEANT TO HAPPEN?

My other courses are MATH1141, ACCT1501, ECON1101.

thanks guysssss

Last edited:

jaechen

HSC
GUYS I NEED HELP

Im doing a B commerce/science(advanced maths) double degree and i chose SCIF1121. But how come i have 2 lectures instead of 1 for SCIF (2 hours each)...... IS THAT NORMAL? (thats 6hrs of SCIF a week since I also have a 2hr tutorial)

One of the times is just titled a lecture and the other one is called lecture sequence 2 of 2...... IS THIS MEANT TO HAPPEN?

My other courses are MATH1141, ACCT1501, ECON1101.

thanks guysssss

OH i think my lecture sequence 2 of 2 is only for the 1st week. can anyone confirm this??

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
I have to do a SCIF course that's more "fundamental" (lol) than these ones. I can only /imagine/ what takes part in those classes.

wilsondw

HSC
From my understanding, the lecture is compulsory and just allows us to enrol into our streams...Im planning on enrolling in stream D....well after the lecture, friday 12-2pm would be free so I guess it would go down

jaechen

HSC
From my understanding, the lecture is compulsory and just allows us to enrol into our streams...Im planning on enrolling in stream D....well after the lecture, friday 12-2pm would be free so I guess it would go down
ahh yeh thought so haha thanks man

plasticities

HSC
ahaha aights cool thanks.

umm do u know what this one lecture is about? also does this mean my 18 hour weeks will go down to 16 hours after 1st week?
The lecture that is only in week 1 is for all scif1121 students, where you pretty much get told what the course is about, what you're going to do, what the assessments are etc. Also from memory Julian (the lecturer) asked some random question about artwork as well. It's pretty much just a general introduction.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The lecture that is only in week 1 is for all scif1121 students, where you pretty much get told what the course is about, what you're going to do, what the assessments are etc. Also from memory Julian (the lecturer) asked some random question about artwork as well. It's pretty much just a general introduction.
^ that.

It took twenty minutes before the first paper planes were thrown. See how long it takes your cohort to start doing the same!

master_mind1

HSC
Uni Grad
If the lecture sequence 2/2 is just there for us to enrol in streams, why do they get us to enrol in streams on myunsw? This is especially problematic because the lecture clashed with my CRIM1010 lecture. They've done my timetable manually now, but now i'm wondering whether i should skip SCIF for CRIM instead?

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO unless if you are good at writing, I'd suggest to delay it for as long as possible, perhaps until 3rd year. You may find out that you don't want to do honours and thus you'll want to drop down to normal science. From there you won't waste UoC. :p

Regardless, most ppl do it in sem 1 so I suggest do it then.

HSC
Uni Grad
If the lecture sequence 2/2 is just there for us to enrol in streams, why do they get us to enrol in streams on myunsw? This is especially problematic because the lecture clashed with my CRIM1010 lecture. They've done my timetable manually now, but now i'm wondering whether i should skip SCIF for CRIM instead?
Go to the criminology lecture, skip SCIF srsly. Almost everyone jigs the scif lecture due to how bad it is :S

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You mean the one-off-lecture? That's just a general intro, and it happens once only in Week 1. So there'll be a clash only in Week 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)