Doses every facet of libertarianism need to be applied in order for it to work? (1 Viewer)

Cuntsucker

Banned
HSC
As in, can only some aspects of libertarianism be implented and others excluded? Or do all aspects of libertarianism have to be implemented in order for it to work? I ask because anti-libertarians would argue that if governments didn't interfere in what people ate, or legalized drugs, health bills would shoot through the roof and blow out the budget. Of course, if we didn't have universal healthcare, that wouldn't be an issue.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
you don't have to eat the whole cow in order to have a nice dinner

HSC
Uni Grad
As in, can only some aspects of libertarianism be implented and others excluded? Or do all aspects of libertarianism have to be implemented in order for it to work? I ask because anti-libertarians would argue that if governments didn't interfere in what people ate, or legalized drugs, health bills would shoot through the roof and blow out the budget. Of course, if we didn't have universal healthcare, that wouldn't be an issue.
there's your answer?

HSC
Uni Grad
So you agree that every aspect of libertarianism needs to be applied in order for it to work?

Also, that quote in your signature is fucking hilarious.
I'm not yet familiar with every aspect but currently I would say most probably yes.

That doesn't mean that having some aspects would not be a significant improvement, but for it to work properly and optimally all (or a vast majority I guess) of what constitutes libertarianism would need to be applied imo.

HSC
Uni Grad
Also plenty of libertarians see it differently than others, some only accepting certain aspects or up to a point etc.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Yes

You can't deregulate inefficient industries, cut unnecessary tariffs or increase personal liberties without abolishing medicare and public education. It's one or the other.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
there are so many forms of libertarianism so your question can't really be answered. All I can say is that most of us agree on either vastly limited government and/or decentralised government

cheese_cheese

HSC
Some drugs should be illegal, while others not. I support marijuana becoming a legal controlled product (when purchased from controlled outlets), although also support tobacco becoming an illegal product. Heroin/ice must remain an illegal product and have stronger penalties attached to it as it is truly a harmful drug.

boris

Banned
HSC
meth is delicious and not harmful

why would they give it to USAF pilots if it was harmful

also

cuntsucker

cheese_cheese

HSC
meth is delicious and not harmful

why would they give it to USAF pilots if it was harmful
Meth is a dangerous drug. Heroin is another dangerous one. Ecstasy is also pretty dangerous.

I'm not saying that Marijuana and cocaine (NOT crack cocaine) are not potentially harmful still, although they are safer when looking at it relatively.

boris

Banned
HSC
wrong

cocaine is far more harmful than ecstasy
so is alcohol

meth is regarded as harmful due to the high level of physical dependence but apart from that it is fairly benign

you're out of your league son

cheese_cheese

HSC
wrong

cocaine is far more harmful than ecstasy
so is alcohol

meth is regarded as harmful due to the high level of physical dependence but apart from that it is fairly benign

you're out of your league son
Ecstasy is more harmful than cocaine. Yes, meth/ice is dangerous. ♥

Yes, obviously alcohol, tobacco and caffeine are the most widely abused substances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)