Dr Pepper's "I had good ranks and screwed them with trials" Club (1 Viewer)

Cheesecake_a

HSC
^Wait why don't rankings really matter? I thought they were important?

And I the only thing I got so far was modern marks, but only the three sections as my teacher hasn't marked the fourth yet... Idk, I do feel kind of upset about my mark, but then again it is okay considering I studied the night before.... so if I did kinda okay with only study the day before, I know that by keeping my consistent study up, I could possibly kill the exams.

Idk, just trying to not think it is the end yet, there is still final exams to go.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
^Wait why don't rankings really matter? I thought they were important?

And I the only thing I got so far was modern marks, but only the three sections as my teacher hasn't marked the fourth yet... Idk, I do feel kind of upset about my mark, but then again it is okay considering I studied the night before.... so if I did kinda okay with only study the day before, I know that by keeping my consistent study up, I could possibly kill the exams.

Idk, just trying to not think it is the end yet, there is still final exams to go.
I meant after trials. Your rankings are fix so you don't have to worry about them anymore.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
So whatever I get in my trials that is my official rank? (If that's what you mean?)
Well if you have no more assessments your overall ranking after the trial is set. So you don't need to worry about competing against your grade. Rather, it would be more beneficial for all parties if they helped each other.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's hard to relax :(
Seriously from a place a love, you cannot be that uptight in Year 10. You will have a breakdown by Year 12 otherwise.

Yr 10 was a glorious year. No work, good marks. No study, and being able to well in the SC (which is now abolished). Just so much fun not doing any study. Good days.

alicekate18

HSC
Is it too late to join in on this?
I was ranking 3rd in english and 1st in ext 1 and 2. My ext 2 paper was horrible and yeah I didn't get the mark I wanted to I can say goodbye to that nice rank :c
My belonging english paper didn't go too well but apparently it was just a practice and didn't count towards the assessment rank (I hope)

RishBonjour

HSC
Bro, you're in year 10. Chill. When I was in year 10 instead of studying, i played halo 3. Instead of doing work in class, I spent an entire term building an awesome castle in minecraft on my craptop. Instead of worrying about my marks I spent all of my spare time thinking about girls. I'm not saying you should take it to those extremes, but you need to relax!
top stuff.
Only took HSC seriously from year 12. But I would definitely take it seriously from year 11 if I started again.

Just did Eng paper 1:AOS.
forgot the last part of my creative, made up stuff (it was a C/B creative anyway, so I will fail that section)
Section 1, I didn't answer a 2 mark ques properly
Essay was better than expected. First time i attempted without memorising, lets see how it goes.
From how others went, Ill drop to 3rd/4th from 1st.

nightweaver066

HSC
Did not do good... expecting to drop ranks for all my subjects.. except physics.

sky_angel

HSC
I see so many people freaking out for Year 12 Trials... is it likely that I will be amongst them?

nightweaver066

HSC
I see so many people freaking out for Year 12 Trials... is it likely that I will be amongst them?
It's natural to freak out for your trials which have such a large weighting.

However, the more prepared you are, the less you will be freaking out/stressing.

If you get in to a consistent study routine now, you won't regret it down the track! :)

sky_angel

HSC
It's natural to freak out for your trials which have such a large weighting.

However, the more prepared you are, the less you will be freaking out/stressing.

If you get in to a consistent study routine now, you won't regret it down the track! :)
Did you freak out too? because you said you dropped ranks for basically everything

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes trials for most people are way more crammed than actual HSC. Also many people haven't even finished the course at school, and are only just learning things that are in the trials like the day before. Also if your school is mean like mine, you have assessments to do only 2-3 weeks before trials, seriously cutting into trial prep. Like I have 4 assessments the first week of this term.

But trials were probs more stressful for me cause I was overseas for over 3 weeks and also have a major project due the end of this week...

nightweaver066

HSC
Did you freak out too? because you said you dropped ranks for basically everything
Haha not really, i don't really freak out at things.. lol

I said that because i felt like i did horribly for the majority of my exams :/

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
my ranks were mediocre, now they're completely screwed..
except for 2 - 3 subjects, lmao.

RishBonjour

HSC
Also if your school is mean like mine, you have assessments to do only 2-3 weeks before trials, seriously cutting into trial prep. Like I have 4 assessments the first week of this term.
I had an assessment 5 days before my first trial exam.

sky_angel

HSC
Yes trials for most people are way more crammed than actual HSC. Also many people haven't even finished the course at school, and are only just learning things that are in the trials like the day before. Also if your school is mean like mine, you have assessments to do only 2-3 weeks before trials, seriously cutting into trial prep. Like I have 4 assessments the first week of this term.

But trials were probs more stressful for me cause I was overseas for over 3 weeks and also have a major project due the end of this week...
ohhh okay.. my family wanted to go on holidays with me around this time next year. So I probably shouldn't go then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)