Drop Ancient or Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

Azi

HSC
I am unsure which would be better in the long run.
I am 1st in Ancient, got 98% in the half yearlies and I find it incredulously easy. I dont know if I'm really THAT good though, because our class is so bad, and all bludgers that we dont do much work.

I am about average in the class in Chemistry, its my worst subject even though I put the most effort in it compared to other subjects.

Therefore it makes sence to drop chem, as even with its good scaling I probabely wouldnt do that well. However since I do want to get into law I'm worried that the terrible scaling in Ancient will drag down my ATAR unless I get a really, really good result. (but if Im not learning that much in it maybe I wont be able to..)

hmm... any suggestions or reccomendations appreciated.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Chemistry will be better in numerous ways.

Scaling
Interest
Benefits after school. i.e. knowledge for uni

Jeee

Banned
HSC
*rolls eyes at scaling*
Keep what you're good at!
KEEP ANCIENT.
If you're way above the average and coming top, scaling won't affect you.
Chemistry is evil.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, if you really do like Ancient History and you are very very good at it... by all means, keep Ancient History over chemistry.

mr.nice.guy

HSC
drop neither.keep studying both of them untill u jst get take the pressure. If u get distracted in one class at least u stil have another subject keeping u safe.

speedofsound

HSC
Chemistry will be better in numerous ways.

Scaling
Interest
Benefits after school. i.e. knowledge for uni
you have got to be one of the most biased people on this forum whenever people ask what subjects to do... science and maths just seeps out of your pores

you are doing marginally better in ancient history by the sounds of it, therefore KEEP IT.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
I am unsure which would be better in the long run.
I am 1st in Ancient, got 98% in the half yearlies and I find it incredulously easy. I dont know if I'm really THAT good though, because our class is so bad, and all bludgers that we dont do much work.

I am about average in the class in Chemistry, its my worst subject even though I put the most effort in it compared to other subjects.

Therefore it makes sence to drop chem, as even with its good scaling I probabely wouldnt do that well. However since I do want to get into law I'm worried that the terrible scaling in Ancient will drag down my ATAR unless I get a really, really good result. (but if Im not learning that much in it maybe I wont be able to..)

hmm... any suggestions or reccomendations appreciated.
thats an indicator that perhaps you should drop it.

which do you love? which are you happy to work your arse off for? regardless of scaling blah blah blah. keep what you enjoy and are capable at.

LordPc

HSC
you are worried that your ancient mark will drag down your ATAR.

but by the sounds of it, you arent doing that well in chemistry. so right now, chemistry will drag down your ATAR, not ancient. ;)

so you can (a) either bring your ancient up to a very high level, or (b) you can try to bring your chem mark up to the equivalent of your ancient mark, and then try to improve it beyond that.

is it me or does option (b) sound like you are doing unnecessary work?

HSC
i'd say stick with chem as i herd that ancient is really boring compared to modern imo, but if you really don't like the subject and finding it difficult then you might aswell drop chem as i see that you're doing quite well in ancient.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
i'd say stick with chem as i herd that ancient is really boring compared to modern imo, but if you really don't like the subject and finding it difficult then you might aswell drop chem as i see that you're doing quite well in ancient.
stalker lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)