• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Drugs to Study? (1 Viewer)

K

khorne

From wikipedia:

* Abdominal pain
* Addiction and drug dependence
* Angina
* anorexia (Not to be confused with Anorexia Nervosa)
* Blood pressure and pulse changes, both up and down
* Cardiac arrhythmia
* Dizziness
* Drowsiness
* Dyskinesia
* Growth retardation
* Headaches
* Hypersensitivity (including skin rash, urticaria, fever, arthralgia, exfoliative dermatitis, erythema multiforme with histopathological findings of necrotizing vasculitis, and thrombocytopenic purpura)
* Nausea
* Palpitations
* Pupil dilation
* Tachycardia

Methylphenidate

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Why would anyone be that desperate to study that they would need Ritalin the drug to keep them calm, concentrated and have enough energy to keep going. -_- That's way too far.

clue444

HSC
i don't think taking drugs to keep you studying is a good idea, it's not natural for your body

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
If you don't have ADD or ADHD, I am pretty sure Ritalin doesn't make you concentrate, instead had an opposite effect. So its pretty pointless really...

mradzz

HSC
You're kidding youself if you think it doesn't work, ofcoarse it does! It's given to people to increase attention span and INCREASE CONCENTRATION.

do you need it? no
is it bad for you? in high enough doses, yes.
does it work? damn straight it does!...it makes me actually want to study.

To the OP, I dont have ADD or ADHD but I take it whenever I can get my hands on it, and took 10mg about 20 minutes ago. First up, it gives you a rush of energy, makes you feel on top of the world. Then about an hour after you take it, you'll start to lose that energy, but the concentration still stays. The more you take, the more energy you get, and subsequently the worse you feel when you 'come-down'. Take too much, and you'll be anxious/moody later on in the day. Don't expect to feel hungry either.
So yeh, it definitely works, but it has its negatives too. Awesome stuff for cramming though.

q3thefish

HSC
kids, don't do drugs cuz u'll end up like michael phelps.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
i'll have the occasional vitamin B, but nothing hardcore like ritalin

this chick was pumping down the glucose energy tablets in front of me at UMAT on wednesday...that just made me hungry

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
i'll have the occasional vitamin B, but nothing hardcore like ritalin

this chick was pumping down the glucose energy tablets in front of me at UMAT on wednesday...that just made me hungry
I have no idea, but it might just be the wording or my mind picturing it.... this is absolutely Hilarious! XD roflmaoing! .... haha. Pumping them down is just hilarious.

The best thing is that people go to such extremes for a little education? To see as awesome mark on their paper that they can brag about for about a month or two... then regret it all XD ... lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)