dumb things you've done on L's (1 Viewer)

gem_max

HSC
Komaticom said:
Who here actually drives at the posted speed limits half the time?

There's no requirement to note down your hours once you got your Ps. The license just expires after one year and you'll be forced to pass the Hazard Perception Test or lose your license.
Haha he knows that dude and never said anything about logging hours on Ps. He's right though because once youre in the car choosing where to drive and exactly when to etc that freedom means you drive much more frequently and therefore you gain experience and practise skills more often than when you were on your Ls and had to wait til someone was ready to drive with you and they told you where to turn etc all the time. I cant wait until I get my Ps just to see how much more I can improve because frankly I dont see myself getting any better while theres a supervisor there with me. Anyone else agree or is it just Col... thingy and I?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
'Dumb things you've done on L's'

Komaticom said:
There's no requirement to note down your hours once you got your Ps.
Thanks, I didn't know that. looks like I've been wasting my time logging down all the hours I've been doing on my Ps.......................

Komaticom said:
The license just expires after one year and you'll be forced to pass the Hazard Perception Test or lose your license.
1 and a half, actually.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
me?

i did

-pull my gear to P when car was still in motion (gotta hate that sound)
-going thru red light (still do)
-falling asleep

when on P's, reckless hardcore driving

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Komaticom said:
I usually go 4-5km/h above the speed limit, just to keep up.

Pierotte

HSC
well here is my tale:

the other week i got to drive to sydney... with the family in the car, bad fricken idea from the start. ANYWAY we didn't really know where we were going so we put on the navigator. Anyway the navigator kept telling me to turn left in her bloody annoying posh fragmented style but there was road work going on so turning left was not an option... so im stuck in the left lane driving at 2 km's an hour with everyoe screaming different things at me... this kept up for about 25 mins as we went around and around the same block repeatedly trying to find a way out. Meanwhile im almost crying and wanting to pull over but there is nowehere to do so and dads all like NO U MUST DRIVE!!! U CAN DO IT!!! arg... so finally i decide to be decicive and we end up on a highway, its all great till dad flips, shit, were on the road to north sydney. Then i am ordered to stop the car, on the left lane of a fucking 4 laned busy entrance to a highway. then dad comes up with a master plan.....
we stop and wait till the traffic light behind us turns red, then make a death defying dash accross 4 lanes of traffic to the exit we need which is about 5 M behind me on the right with 4 lanes of traffic betweeen us... did i mention the 4 ficking lanes!!!....
the light goes red after an eternity of being beeped at for being stupidly stationary on a busy road..., i cross the four lanes infront of all these people in cars, lined up, thinking what the fuck... bloody L platers.... im shit scared the lights gonna turn green before i get onto the exit.. and ill die!!!... luckily we made it, im here to tell the tale...
meep.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm on my p's now, but today I cut off this guy at a roundabout really badly cause I didn't see his indicator cause the sun was shining brighter off the lights of his car than his indicator was.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
hmmm today on L's

- i tailed a cop car to get through the lights
- i hit the gutter when pulling into park

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
on my first drive i freaked out going around my first corner and accelerated around instead of braking and didnt turn...ended up on some guys front lawn, 20 cm away from a huge brick wall/mailbox thingy...the owner of the house came racing out lol
it was funny but i was really freaked out at the time hehe...dad made me keep driving

but that was 2 1/2 years ago....im much better now lol

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
komaticom said:
The license just expires after one year and you'll be forced to pass the Hazard Perception Test or lose your license.
you dont lose your license, you can just go get it renewed

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i cant think of any dumb things i did on my ls, i once overtook another l plater on the freeway and i thought i was hardcore

potato-sack

HSC
oh so many things i did...i'd have to say the dumbest, but funnest was over taking 2 cars in one go on one of the "go on the other side of the road" overtaking lanes...mmm i musta got up to 110 or so? sooo dangerous but kinda fun

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
On L's?

Almost crashed into a telegraph pole... at 20 km/h. :p

My car has a retarded gear box so unless I'm in my mother's, I always look like an idiot changing gears. I need to get used to it quickfast.

unknown_

HSC
i once was at a corner waiting for the traffic to pass, when a hot chick also on her learners drove round the corner, she was the last car so it was safe to go, i started to release my foot of the clutch to find the fricken point, only to stall the car upon looking into the females eyes =). she laughed and drove away leaving me with my driving instructer yelling at me and telling me to keep my eyes on the road

my friend however has had 8 accidents, all involving him alone, adding to about $5000 of dmg and been caught by a speed camera twice at ourimbah

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
i overtook green and red p plater the other day as well.
they were going real slow(50-60 in a 70)..im like fuck this and changed lanes

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
first time i got in a car was the day after my 16th bday and it was in a carpark of all places. and basically all my dad let me do was go around in circles. but when i had to park other parts of my family came into the carpark so i was showing off and got the break and accelerator mixed up straight towards a brick wall. i didnt hit it but i think my dad has a lot more grey hair cos of it:p

gem_max

HSC
Haha. I wonder if there's any of us L platers that havent got the pedals mixed up.

I dont know if my mix up story qualifies actually as I wasnt yet on my Ls. My P plate boyfriend of the time decided he'd let me drive on the dirt section to his place. It was my first ever drive, I was 16, going along nicely and then coming up out of a gully I moved too far to the left in case something was coming from the other way, started fishtailing, had a fight with then boyfriend for the wheel and got the pedals confused in a panic and slammed us into a huge entrance fencepost of some family then boyfriend said were powerful or something so he had best take the blame (?!?). Luckily they were on holidays so we fixed the fence up and theyll never know. His car was written off but he'd hit a sheep in it the month before so I kind of just evened the front up a bit... um and the barbed wire snapped and scrapped paint off the roof. Bless us country drivers... I did not drive again however until the beginning of this year. I'm 19 and its a week until my Ps test and I assure you all I KNOW the difference between the pedals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)