Dux of your school (2 Viewers)

HSC
lala2 said:
- They pay close to $20,000 a year by the end of Year 12. That is most definitely private. Arguably one of, if not the most, expensive schools in Sydney.
Holy shit that's more expensive than uni!

lala2

Banned
HSC
yup, depending on what course you do. those people have deep pockets indeed!

-pari-

HSC
N/A
watatank said:
Holy shit that's more expensive than uni!
$ 20 000 a year for private is actually not uncommon unfortunately. (give or take a little bit) - glad to know even uni isnt that big of a rip off :)

i think, though, kings is the most expensive...

-pari-

HSC
N/A
pritnep said:
Only because a lot of BOS members go to selective and private schools and are usually pretty committed to their school work so it is really an unfair representation of the state.
oh good. that's a relief to know...:eek:

ssglain

HSC
Burwood Girls High School 2006 - 99.95
There was a couple of them. One girl I know personally but I'm not sure if the others got 99.90 or 99.95. However I have heard from teachers and ex-students that the cohort of '06 was very weak overall, which might explain why the school's ranking fell some 40 places.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ lol. you consider "a couple" getting 99.9+ let alone >99 ....weak?

ha.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pritnep said:
I very much know that there are heaps of public school kids out there but these threads on a whole attract selective and private school kids no debating that fact.
You can't even distinguish between what fact is as opposed to one's belief, which your one is flawed by a large generalization. I wouldn't be suprised if you were able to justify your belief through stats or analysing every single member of the BOS community, but you haven't and all you've been doing is trying to put in an argument based on nothing.

pritnep said:
Depends on what you class as amazing. For me it isn't so much the uai but the circumstance the student was place in and what effected their overal outcome that determines who good it was. Like someone could get high 90s but if it wasn't for some circumstance or something else happening to them they could of got higher.

I went to a public school and was nothing wrong with it. Our dux last year got 97.xx.

The funny thing about the whole selective, private vs public school garbage is that at the end of the day the school you went to won't effect the the job you get. Everyone goes to the same unis yes, yes uai will determine that but you don't get special consideration just because you went to a private school. So in the long run all that money would probably be spent on uni rather in private schooling because once you in uni nobody will ask about your school more your uni marks etc etc. If anything the whole debate goes on because people are naive to the other side....
Defered? You have no experience of being in uni or working full time. Hence, you're in no position to talk.

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Look at this thread though the majority that replied were private and selective. It's based on posts and what I think not that I really care, everyone can see it whether they want to admit it or not. I mean you just have to look at people quoting their school fees just another means of bragging.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pritnep said:
Look at this thread though the majority that replied were private and selective. It's based on posts and what I think not that I really care, everyone can see it whether they want to admit it or not. I mean you just have to look at people quoting their school fees just another means of bragging.
A handful of members doesn't represent a whole 188 233 member community - It's just like saying that all Muslims are all terrorist.

Last edited:

Scorch

HSC
Norwest Christian College - 94.2

After that last year it went 93, 89, 85ish and then 71.

We suck! :p

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
A handful of members doesn't represent a whole 188 233 member community - It's just like saying that all Muslims are all terrorist.
*terrorists.

you obviously weren't dux of your school

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Defered? You have no experience of being in uni or working full time. Hence, you're in no position to talk.

So what? That matters to this argument how? Nobody asks you what your uai is after school finishes. Yes they may care about the school but still you can't be judged on your school for the rest of your life.

hopeles5ly said:
A handful of members doesn't represent a whole 188 233 member community.

First of all not all of those members post and of course it doesn't. Second of course it doesn't but if you look on a whole these type of threads attract those type of students.

Clearly you are after an argument or debate which I neither care for nor want.

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
pritnep said:
Clearly you are after an argument or debate which I neither care for nor want.
then why do reply to his posts.
you're only encouraging him

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
pritnep said:
To finish it up. :p
haha well just you wait. someone else is going to pick an arguement with you [ive seen it happen too often]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)