95 or something at my school :/
Not great, I'm aiming for highest in schools history, 99.95 '13

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure ours was 96.9
Not Asian. Top Asian got 95.55 (4th)
But I guess I won't know for sure 'til the DUX assembly.

St. Gregory's College.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Two girls tied for it at 99.7 at my school, one was all social sciences and humanities and the other was all maths and sciences.

KateSinead

HSC
I was Dux and only got 90.5 :(
My school is ranked pretty much right down near the bottom of the list
Westport high school. Think I got the first over 90 in a couple of years :/
Reading this thread makes me feel crap!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^I think your over 90 is very impressive given your school history, and your relatively low scaling subjects! I'm really impressed, it would have been much harder for you to achieve a 90 at that school than elsewhere!

JayCakie

HSC
Considering I went to a non-selective public school... the top atar was 99.95 I think. It is impressive we had more than 5 people with state rankings and a couple of state awards.

One girl came 4th in Ext 1 Maths AND 8th in Ext 2 Maths in the entire state AND SHE IS A NICE HUMBLE PERSON. We had a girl who came 8th(?) in the state for general maths. That was unexpected.

Also my classmate came 1st in the state in IPT! Even more unexpected! Her marks seriously pulled ours up significantly.

Last edited:

JayCakie

HSC
You say this as though this is not what is expected of a state ranker.
In my experience most people who have had state rankings in maths were extremely obnoxious. Plus, I did not imply that all of them were... I was merely emphasising her personality. She truly is a humble, polite person.

SanjoyM

HSC
Dux: 99.85
Parramatta High School:)
Quite impressive! Our school's rank is only within the top 100-200 schools...
Lowest ATAR 2011: 91 or 90... :)

SanjoyM

HSC
You serious? LOWEST atar?
Yep:) That's the lowest in our school this year! I think 91.5 or 90.0

It's because most people who did not score above 70% in their prelims were probably offered a position at some other institution (kicked out lol) because we are partially selective and need to boost our school's rank up!

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Yep:) That's the lowest in our school this year! I think 91.5 or 90.0

It's because most people who did not score above 70% in their prelims were probably offered a position at some other institution (kicked out lol) because we are partially selective and need to boost our school's rank up!
And they all went to my school :p

But seriously, that's probably higher than the bottom scores of even top 5 selective schools.
Holy crap, next Malek Fahd hahaha

Edit: But wait, how come your school is still only top ~100/200? It should be top 5.

Last edited:

SanjoyM

HSC
And they all went to my school :p

But seriously, that's probably higher than the bottom scores of even top 5 selective schools.

Edit: But wait, how come your school is still only top ~100/200? It should be top 5.
LOL.. Malek Fahd?
Umm, I have no idea - dont think the BOS will make top 5 though

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Higher than ours. The lowest I've heard of (so far) is like 84.X (2011). There are people lower than that.

In my experience most people who have had state rankings in maths were extremely obnoxious. Plus, I did not imply that all of them were... I was merely emphasising her personality. She truly is a humble, polite person.
Point taken :)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
LOL.. Malek Fahd?
Umm, I have no idea - dont think the BOS will make top 5 though
Yeah it's some nazi strict school. Their principal is Hitler. They also "persuade" kids to drop out ect.

Higher than ours. The lowest I've heard of (so far) is like 84.X (2011). There are people lower than that.
My bro graduated in 08' and knew a guy with ~79.

SanjoyM

HSC
Yeah it's some nazi strict school. Their principal is Hitler. They also "persuade" kids to drop out ect.

My bro graduated in 08' and knew a guy with ~79.
What school are you guys from?
My school's being extremely strict with our results - the people remaining at our school in year 12 are the one who are continuing the HSC course - whole grade: 100 peopleor so.. maybe 150-200 not more than that.

Dylanamali

HSC
wtf.. asif parramatta high did that well in the HSC.. they're rank should be pushed up IMMENSELY if the lowest ATAR was 90. . should easily be top 20..

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
What school are you guys from?
My school's being extremely strict with our results - the people remaining at our school in year 12 are the one who are continuing the HSC course - whole grade: 100 peopleor so.. maybe 150-200 not more than that.
I go to Homebush Boys.

Dux is usually about 99.8 (don't know about 2011). Doesn't mean it's a good school or anything as their is also a huge tail. (kids who should drop out ect)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)