EAS question (1 Viewer)

dee789

HSC
Hi guys, I just wanted advice if anyone knows if I can get EAS bonus for minimal attendance in year 11.
My reason being is my school is about 2 hours travel to get there by bus and the school was aware of my circumstances. I was having really bad withdrawals of whether or not I wanted to finish school and it resulted in a 70% absence. My marks were a clear reflection of the impact this had on learning preliminary content. I'm in year 12 now and I've missed a lot of the work that has been covered in prelim. I've heard maths assesses prelim content as well.
Because it had been an ongoing issue throughout the year, would this be applicable to receive bonus points?
Would a GP note be valid, alongside notes from welfare coordinators?
Any suggestions? I'm not too sure about my ATAR this year so I'm looking for any chance to gain points

Nikolerak

HSC
Hi guys, I just wanted advice if anyone knows if I can get EAS bonus for minimal attendance in year 11.
My reason being is my school is about 2 hours travel to get there by bus and the school was aware of my circumstances. I was having really bad withdrawals of whether or not I wanted to finish school and it resulted in a 70% absence. My marks were a clear reflection of the impact this had on learning preliminary content. I'm in year 12 now and I've missed a lot of the work that has been covered in prelim. I've heard maths assesses prelim content as well.
Because it had been an ongoing issue throughout the year, would this be applicable to receive bonus points?
Would a GP note be valid, alongside notes from welfare coordinators?
Any suggestions? I'm not too sure about my ATAR this year so I'm looking for any chance to gain points
In my opinion, if 70% absence was your choice i.e. you didn't go to school because you were not sure whether you want to continue or not, then you wouldn't be eligible as EAS requires "circumstances beyond your control" (e.g. someone who has a high absence due to an illness does not have control over their situation). However, the best thing would be to contact UAC and enquire. You can send them a private message through their FB page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)