Easy to pick up at uni? (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Uncouth said:
Man, there are NO girls doing my course, it's a guy course, I guess. With that said, I believe I've been hit on once.
I believe you're full of crap.

X

xeuyrawp

miss_gtr said:
PwarYuex i want to do ur course!!
There's a lot I could say about my course, but summed up. 1. I want to be a barrister, so going to Macquarie won't make a huge difference to my career. 2. I wanted to do ancient, and macq is the best place to do it. 3. It's a tonne of work, and I haven't even started law units yet. 4. I'm the first person in the world who is doing a BAncient History (hons) / LLB course :) - I was originally going to be signed up for BArts, but there's a few things that I couldn't have done in a BA course that I now will be able to. 5. I've missed a year of Law, and I've got a year of Honours thesis left- you do the math

bubble_tea

i find many people at uni are pretty desperate.. prolly get more desperate as the years go on seeing many of the older years all being taken.. :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
mz_bubbletea said:
i find many people at uni are pretty desperate.. prolly get more desperate as the years go on seeing many of the older years all being taken.. :(
or as they become older, more cynical; relationships-meh attitude.

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
its fairly easy to pick up...but then again its basically like anything else in life

there are people, people interact, interaction creates opinions of others, if opinion is good and mutual opinion is good, then dating will ensue.

saying its easier anywhere (apart from a club where its like desperate singles night and stuff) than anywhere else is stupid and you should all be shot for making such distinctions.

damnueconomics

poor poor student
HSC
my uni is smaller than all the others and ive seen people trying to pick up. ppl i know from school. hmmm. looks desperate to me. ppl who are in my classes happen to be in at least one other class so i sorta see people again which suxs.

i reckon its true that people at uni you talk to are just that. after then you will never see them again except for maybe a few. i dunno coz every class or tut i have i sit with a different person.

i dont think id pick up at uni. this girl told me she broke up with her boyfriend coz she thought shed have better opportunities at uni. boy was she wrong...

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Yeah, i havent seen ne ppl realy pick up either, but like it starts with friendships, theres heeps of group with either 1 guy and 1 chik or multiple ones in a group. In one i saw there were like 5 chix (pretty alrite) and 1 guy (but i think hes gay....)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I saw a chick from my first semester, first year subject at the bank... I now see her around all the time, if I go to Uni. (but, I don't talk to her much because she has some male asian friends and they fuckin' shit me).

Last edited:

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
hey I think it's about time this thread was revived cause its an important topic ya know..

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
haha well the problem with going to UNSW is that all asians look the same... even the hot ones!! (i'm an azn goin to the uni... =/ )

uni conversations are very basic and usually start and end with vague small talk...so picking up is.. er..

i'm not sure if its bc i came from an all girls skool or something... but i find that the girls are heaps more easier to approach and talk to than the guys- they seem to keep to themselves a lot more.... any thoughts on that?!

X

xeuyrawp

Me picking up is always random, so I'd say uni is as good a place as any:

- I'm scared. *Hold's their hand* (some random at a party)
- Hey, nice hat, I have one just like it. (some random at a bar)
- Put a shirt on, jerk. (some random in a club)
- And you're high as a kite (all of you who know the Crime Fiction quote- some random in a bar)
- Yes, don't laugh. (To a hairdresser.)

Were seriously the first things I said to my exs when I first met them.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Me picking up is always random, so I'd say uni is as good a place as any:

- I'm scared. *Hold's their hand* (some random at a party)
- Hey, nice hat, I have one just like it. (some random at a bar)
- Put a shirt on, jerk. (some random in a club)
- And you're high as a kite (all of you who know the Crime Fiction quote- some random in a bar)
- Yes, don't laugh. (To a hairdresser.)

Were seriously the first things I said to my exs when I first met them.
No 3 is a little discomforting!

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Just hist space bar about 8 times, and then put a full stop :)
Hahaha thanks.

Edit: I still don't get how a jerk became an ex. Wait, I understand that part... I don't understand how jerk became the bit in between jerk & ex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)