Easy to pick up at uni? (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Slide Rule said:
:( I'm with Jebbie.
Haha I just deleted it cos I could imagine all the evil comments people could have made in reference to it.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I've had someone bake me a cake :). I tend to eyeball at dinner (in college) and during lectures since there's bound to be someone worth looking at in a class of 150 people. I've found that in law lectures there are always girls who are great to talk to as well.

And is it easy to pick up? For some people yes. For others it's about as easy as finding a job in a country town. The guy who lives opposite me frequently brings new female company home every night whilst I'm stuck with Miko Lee (sorry babe, you know that I love you!)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
You know, after reading the first few pages of this thread, I realised that if we all just lowered our standards a bit, the myth that uni is non-stop sex would be more then true. Then again most of the girls don't put out anyways :D

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
transcendent said:
You know, after reading the first few pages of this thread, I realised that if we all just lowered our standards a bit, the myth that uni is non-stop sex would be more then true. Then again most of the girls don't put out anyways :D
They do if you know how to treat them.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
The whole stigma was that college girls were apparently easy and always wanted it bad... very different from wen u actually GET into uni (or aren't in america lol)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Komaticom said:
In high school everyone is more or less the same age so it's simple to "pick up", but maturity varies so relationships don't last.

In uni, it's difficult to pick up a 21 yo hottie when you're 18...

Bah, uni is for education, not for "picking up". That's what the workplace is for.
yeah tru, older chiks would be harder to pick up.....

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
if you'e not interested in anyone doing your course then its more of a problem cause you gotta go out of your way to meet new ppl. i've heard stories of ppl picking up in places like in the line to buy food at lunch, or when seeing a band on campus or even in the library, fighting over the same book for an assesment..

but i still dont think its that easy to pick up at uni

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
callisto said:
if you'e not interested in anyone doing your course then its more of a problem cause you gotta go out of your way to meet new ppl. i've heard stories of ppl picking up in places like in the line to buy food at lunch, or when seeing a band on campus or even in the library, fighting over the same book for an assesment..

Yeah it isn't easy, its kinda like if u know u rite ppl u may pick up ie you mite start uni and make friends with a group that has guys and chix... or u mite only just make friends with a bunch of guys that dont know ne chix. Its the same as highskool, it just depends on who u know and wat group ur in

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
markmooks said:
They aren't? Who's been giving me a peck on the cheek after a heavy lunch time session in the disabled then???? Holy horny grounds keeper Batman!
It's prolly a sleazy male tutor .....

slip

HSC
callisto said:

everything you said is true, but i think your looking at it the wrong way.

for me uni (apart from a degree) is about having fun, so you gotta be out going, and jsut make as many friends as possible, they introduce you to people and so on, networking, and eventually you click with someone.

also the line for lunch, library etc are theoretically great places to pick up, cause your both doing the same thing so you easily got an opening line, and if your waiting around you might aswell talk to someone, and who knows if yuo talk to enough people you might find someone you like.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
slip said:
everything you said is true, but i think your looking at it the wrong way.

for me uni (apart from a degree) is about having fun, so you gotta be out going, and jsut make as many friends as possible, they introduce you to people and so on, networking, and eventually you click with someone.

also the line for lunch, library etc are theoretically great places to pick up, cause your both doing the same thing so you easily got an opening line, and if your waiting around you might aswell talk to someone, and who knows if yuo talk to enough people you might find someone you like.

I don't agree with the "meeting randoms" concept. You don't have a background check & that is essential with all the crazed lunatics running about.

slip

HSC
InfiniteQ said:
I don't agree with the "meeting randoms" concept. You don't have a background check & that is essential with all the crazed lunatics running about.
someones got trust issues. and who says crazed lunatics dont have friends. someone seems a little sheltered.

so your telling me that if you standing in a line waiting for a couple of minutes and some guy was just started casually chatting to you that yould be freaked out.

im not talking about picking up every person you meet, im talking about hey, howzit going, my name is blah blah, what course you doing etc, anyways might catchya round cya...

most people are a pretty good judge of when someone is wierd its not as if you need to aviod everyone cause anyone could be wierd.

i would feel alot safer there, having a friendly conversation then at a club where thousands of guys are trying to pick up.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
slip said:
someones got trust issues. and who says crazed lunatics dont have friends. someone seems a little sheltered.

so your telling me that if you standing in a line waiting for a couple of minutes and some guy was just started casually chatting to you that yould be freaked out.
Interesting how you think you've got my character and my, according to you, "sheltered" life figured out.

Firstly, do not assume any meaning from what I've stated. Never did I say that crazed lunatics don't have friends. My implication was, you don't know anything about them (which includes any friends they may or may not have)

Secondly, my words never once implied that I personally would be freaked out if a guy casually started chatting to me. Be careful as to how you interpret things.

slip said:
im not talking about picking up every person you meet, im talking about hey, howzit going, my name is blah blah, what course you doing etc, anyways might catchya round cya...

most people are a pretty good judge of when someone is wierd its not as if you need to aviod everyone cause anyone could be wierd.

i would feel alot safer there, having a friendly conversation then at a club where thousands of guys are trying to pick up.
Whatever I said was by no means a personal attack for your personal choices as far as this matter is concerned.

You're generalising that most people are a good judge of character... perhaps you are. Good for you if you are - it is actually a rare quality, not a common one.

I don't see the difference between the two scenes. In both scenarios you don't know the background of the guy. Although I can see that you're more inclined to have a poor impression of someone at a club.

K

katie_tully

I'm pretty sure that if you're a crazed lunatic you're not going to have many, if any friends...Not because people fear for their lives around you, but generally because crazed lunatics are anti-social.

don't agree with the "meeting randoms" concept. You don't have a background check & that is essential with all the crazed lunatics running about.
So like...you Google every guy you meet to make sure he doesn't have a priors list that's 6ft long?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)