Elderly Christian woman paraded naked through streets of Egypt by armed muslim mob (1 Viewer)

Comensite

HSC
Re: Elderly Christian woman paraded naked through streets of Egypt by armed muslim mo

its always the same leftist cucks on this forum that defends the muslims

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Re: Elderly Christian woman paraded naked through streets of Egypt by armed muslim mo

It is a problem, but Islam is not the heart of the issue. Most of these Middle Eastern countries have citizens who are largely poor, uneducated and still living in Feudal Societies. These social problems are largely to blame for the issue, religion just exacerbates the problem because it provides followers in these countries an excuse to justify their poor behaviour. Islam itself is largely a peaceful religion, but there are elements which are backwards and have no place in modern society. The Christian Bible is way more severe than the Koran, the difference between the two religions though is the followers. Christianity is more frequently practised in countries with strong economies, social structures and levels of education. This has allowed for the advancement and modernisation of Christianity, as opposed to the Muslim world which lags behind.

Look, I think religion in these countries is part of the problem, because it is holding the populace back from advancing. But it isnt Islam itself at issue, it's the problems within these countries and the use of religion as justification for not advancing.
Muhammad himself acted in this manner.

Jesus was a teacher and healer, muhammad was a rapist warlord. Acting violently is to act unlike christ and like muhammad.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

I guess Syria and Palestine doesn't exist
Syria: Batshit insane muslims trying to overthrow a largely secular government

Palestine: Area that muslim arabs invaded and now are acting like they're the indigenous people

How this is equivalent to christians forming middle eastern cults?

you're seriously nuts dude

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

By saying that it isn't Islamic behaviour I'm implying that it shouldn't be done. LOL what?
So you would have no problem with them doing it if it actually were Islamic behavior?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

We never said it's not a problem. We just want to justify that firstly we do not support them so we can work together to stop the problem.
Most muslims around the world hold extreme beliefs.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

If social conditions caused religious extremism, then middle eastern christians would be terrorists. They've got it worse than anyone else and yet they're the peaceful ones in the middle east.

Also there's the fact that saudi arabia, one of the richest countries on earth, is extremely involved in terrorism.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

I blame the wahabists and saudis.

I'm just calling hypocrisy out as it is. People bitched that sylvia posted a news article about attacks on christians by muslims. Is there bias? Sure, but that doesn't make the article nor facts any less valid.

It's funny that the far left talk about the ilks of western society and how we should be tolerant, yet they are nowhere to be found when there are atrocities committed by religious fundamentalists.

I completely disagree with anyone who says 'ISIS aren't real muslims'. There are terrifying verses in both the koran and the bible on treatment of women, non-believers etc. But it's the actions that speak louder than words.

The problem is that a lot of muslims do condone the actions of a very extreme and vocal minority. you can google many instances of pew surveys (which are VERY reputable) and get an idea what the beliefs are.
It would certainly be bias If I posted it, and then people would be arguing.
I don't condone their actions either, this is not the place to justify these persons actions are reasonable.

Simorgh said:
The Government is a different story, they allow Christians to practice their beliefs and live their lives like everyone else but they just don't like Muslims converting to Christianity or any other religion for that matter. There are punishments in the law but they are hardly ever followed or implemented.
Sure? I am not entirely convinced, but ok.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

John Lennon did say that organised religion was the worst thing to happen to humanity. To build on that, it's not the religions themselves, but rather the followers. Religion tends to be used as an easy justification for bigotry, hatred and a range of other nasty behaviours - I mean, the easiest argument to justify bad behaviour is "God says it's ok". Religion is very much the opium of the masses and it tends to attract the poor, uneducated, obsessive and other vulnerable elements in society who completely misuse and misinterpret the message. Muslims (NOT Islam) are unfortunately the biggest offenders, but I think that can be traced back to serious issues in the Arab world and the arrested development of those societies.
There isn't much I dispute about that. In fact even Jesus hates religion, and most people would agree that man-made religion is false and frankly stupid. In the eyes of the non-religious, every religious is seen as made up, in the eyes of specific religious people, their religion is true, and others are false; and still others, everyone is right (but wrong? think about it). God > religion, any-day.

Christianity is not that much better and whilst it has improved over the years, it is still an offender. A quick look at Christian Evangelism in the US reveals an ugly picture. Having received 15 years of Christian education, I'm mystified as to how these people justify their bigoted and distorted beliefs under Christianity. The Christian Right pursues a range of positions and policies which cannot be considered Christian in any way (namely, the Death Penalty, social welfare and LGBT discrimination).
Evangelism is really a mess of inconsistency in US. I agree on that one.

Of course people, would view certain positions on certain issues as bigoted or homophobic, within Christianity; the question of whether they actually are, same goes for any (I hate using the word conservative or traditional or "fundamental"), understanding of things like marriage, abortion, capital punishment, euthanasia. The "Christian right" is sometimes completely wrong, but it is hard to tell when the media loves painting things a certain colour also, so I would take most things with a little grain of salt.

I find it interesting that the non-religious or semi-churched have the audacity to claim that this is what this religion should be. Maybe it is discussion for one of the other threads. We all do it though. I agree on two things, firstly giving someone a bad rap because they hold to a different understanding of marriage, respectfully (unlike some who don't obviously); or any "social justice" issue, and calling it discrimination? That has been left to another thread already. It is the age of entitlement in some respects; but some how the sound discussion of ideas, no offence OP, is thrown out the window.

I understand there is failing to see how certain Christian understandings of certain issues for instance are consistent with the picture of Jesus that some may have. But that is a discussion for another thread. Be careful not to do what some people do, is pull the 'well I cannot be bothered addressing this issue within tenets of Islam, so I bring up all the cases of "Christian" extremism'. It is not a strong case, all one has to do is pull up all cases of non-religious, ideological (even non-religious, atheistic influenced ones). Each religion has to deal with its own issues, Christianity is not excluded, but neither is Islam, or even the non-religious exempt.

My point is, it isn't the religions themselves, but rather the nature of belief and the adherents who really give religion a bad name. Religion in the hands of the poor and uneducated is a dangerous thing, but unfortunately, religion primarily attracts these people (herein lies the problem).
Depends on the nature of religion and belief, lets not paint all things with a broad brush if we can help it. I agree there is no need to generalise and all that, but the statistics are troubling when you look at the numbers. Any ideaology, theistic or atheistic (using a more relaxed concept of a religion/ideology) in the hands of anyone, the rich, the poor. While education can help, it can also hinder. A secular education is hardly neutral, even though it ideally should be somewhat, even if you were to remove some of its more contested bits such as religious education, or sexual ethics; there seems to be a growing bias within the secondary (and primary) education system, and it actually stems out simply from the way education is educated at university I think => meaning that whatever young people of our generation want, ends up impacting the next.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

SylviaB said:
Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world
quit drawing the Islamophobic card.
Notice the word "Christianophobia" is never drawn.

Christians, are at least, the simplest and least controversial and understandable reason is that they are the largest religious group. Now whether it is because of Islamic extremism, is another question; which I'll let others discuss.

In the west, we love challenging the status quo, and while "Christianity" seems like, was, or more correctly, a belief in God was seen as typical, now it is the opposite. People do challenge the status quo. Since Christianity is only a white man's religion (sarcasm intended)... The question is the "Why?" card.

Anyway you get the point. There could be many reasons why. But this post is dealing with a specific targeted case. Whether this case is a typical example of what happens, is another topic, which can be and has been discussed here.

Last edited:

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

I guess Syria and Palestine doesn't exist
What do you mean Syria and Palestine?
He was not making the claim that Muslims were not persecuted.

Christians being the most persecuted does not imply that other religions aren't persecuted nor does it imply that Christianity doesn't have its own problems to deal with (what those actually are, seems to be dictated more by the semi-churched and the media)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

muslims persecute muslims more than anybody else

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

Its especially hard to prove most blasphemy/apostasy cases unless there were a lot of eye witnesses, first hand evidence and if the person was really open about it then yeah there will be some form of punishment but still in most case it rarely occurs in Iran. The judicial system of the country recognises this and the punishments are nowhere like stoning or straight executions.

For example I recently heard a story in the news about some American Iranian pastor a convert from Islam openly running underground Churches and attempting to convert Muslims in the country, authorities obviously got notified. He simply got arrested and later got let off where now his back in the states reunited with his family.

Converting Muslims from Shia Islam even converting to another sect like Sunni Islam is seen as treason by the government and a lot of the population. Many Iranians still hold dear to their beliefs as they feel it represents their entire heritage and identity.

Besides all that at the end of the day Armenian and Assyrian Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians have full rights before the law, they are not in anyway harassed, victimised and forced to convert to Islam by the government neither by the general populace. They are even specifically allocated seats in the Iranian Parliament to have a voice in the country's political affairs.
You say that about witness', yet there were death penalty sentences handed down on flimsy evidence.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-sentences-poet-to-death-for-renouncing-islam

“He was unable to assign a lawyer because his ID was confiscated when he was arrested [in January 2014]. Then they said you must have a retrial and we’ll change the prosecutor and the judges. The new judge didn’t even talk to him, he just made the verdict.”

Yep, because we totally know people always follow strict religious law all the time.

"The religious police first detained Fayadh in August 2013 after receiving a complaint that he was cursing against Allah and the prophet Muhammad, insulting Saudi Arabia and distributing a book of his poems that promoted atheism. Fayadh said the complaint arose from a personal dispute with another artist during a discussion about contemporary art in a cafe in Abha."

Not hard to get 'witness' if someone is a pissed off neighbour.

Orwell

HSC

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad

Ideas need scrutiny and nothing is free from scrutiny, not even Islam...

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

Maybe becoz that's Saudi Arabia which is completely different country to Iran, also differences include ethnicity and denomination. Women can drive, get elected to parliament and do so many other things in Iran unlike Saudi Arabia. This is the same in the regard for many other issues that see the massive contrasts between the two countries.

No surprise something like this happens in Saudi Arabia! Its very usual of that country. Its the country that we should all be against and not support in anyway whatsoever, which sadly we are. This badly reflects on our own politicians back in the West, who are too weak to apply sanctions or speak up against Saudi Arabia. The Saudi cult of Wahabism is bringing apart the entire region and attempting to bring terrorism into Western nations, as a result we see ISIS, Al-Nusra and so many other evil and disgusting groups arising.
We all know about that.

But you do realize, Iran has issued Fatwas against apostates before. Khomeni called for the death of Salman Rushdie. You can't exactly say 'oh no that doesn't count' when Iran itself is a theocratic republic.

I'm really not going to get into the rules of evidence, but having apostasy as a criminal offense is extremely abhorrent. If any country had similar laws barring muslims from acting as missionaries, you cucks would be instantly bitching.

Iran isn't much better supporting Hezbollah and Shia insurgents in Iraq.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)