Elitist Selective school mentality makes me rage! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandarSingh

HSC
I did say the 'people in the picture' and not all selective school kids

besides ...forget the whole selective school garbage, no one should be degrading in that manner lol

Bloodstriker

HSC
I feel the same way. Tbh I sort of agree with those selective school kids to an extent, where some of us slaved throughout the year trying to learn all this content and working hard in their internal exams.
Economics is really content heavy and requires a lot of time and effort to do well, and to know that everyone did well in the HSC exam is kinda... ehh. Like most people, they do economics because its a 'high scaler', but I'm assuming from all this commotion that it wont scale as well as previous years.

However, it doesn't give them a right to make themselves 'superior' over other students and degrade us.
Exam diff has nothing to do with scaling, it's the aligning cut offs for the different bands that change
P.S i would like see that guy call HS students "peasants" face to face, lol

Last edited:

Rawf

HSC
Exam diff has nothing to do with scaling, it's the aligning cut offs for the different bands that change
Yeah, thanks man. I really don't know all the technical stuff behind this haha but I know that an easy test means that it's harder to get higher bands/hsc marks or whatever...

deswa1

HSC
Why are you so pissed about it (srs)? I don't agree with what they're saying either but if you don't like it, just ignore them.

Wendy924

HSC
At least learn how to scribble out names, DPs and words out properly. Such generalisations. Grow up.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha this person is a psycho insecure person. If it really was an easy test, the b6 cut off will just be higher.

Better go off and join my comprehensive school plebs now.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Holy shit guys, check how many people are browsing this thread.

helium

HSC
N/A
generalisations are always wrong
Yes, I do admit that was a generalisation on my part. Especially the title, my apologies for that. However, I think it's pretty clear that there are some superiority mentality going on there.

helium

HSC
N/A
I feel the same way. Tbh I sort of agree with those selective school kids to an extent, where some of us slaved throughout the year trying to learn all this content and working hard in their internal exams.
Economics is really content heavy and requires a lot of time and effort to do well, and to know that everyone did well in the HSC exam is kinda... ehh. Like most people, they do economics because its a 'high scaler', but I'm assuming from all this commotion that it wont scale as well as previous years.

However, it doesn't give them a right to make themselves 'superior' over other students and degrade us.
That is a very balanced view and I do appreciate your effort to moderate your opinion. However, even if one feels cheated I think Shadowless put it perfectly: It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail. If one is really so sure of one's 'abilities' then wouldn't 1st in the state be a simple achievement. Why worry about the people who 'crammed' and 'didn't put in an effort'

alyssa21

HSC
N/A
Oh my gosh, I never realised people could be such pretentious douchebags.
I mean, if they did well then good for them but they seem like the biggest fucking retarded bitches; and I assume they are female... as I kind of saw NORTH SYDNEY GIRLS name in one of the comments.
With that level of conceitedness they have towards others, I don't think they will get very far in life. Do you they believe they are entitled more marks just because they went to a selective school? Do they believe that deserve all those 'scholarships' because they may have studied more than others?
Seriously, who the hell would want to associate with fuckheads like those?

And someone should tell the peasant that hashtags on facebook are redundant.

Hmm, I'd be careful to generalize about all individuals who go to selective schools, and particular, North Sydney Girls. I know several girls who go to this school, and they really aren't "retarded bithces". That being said, I absolutely agree that the comments on those particular screenshots are elitist, and extremely disrespectful/offensive, but I really think it's important to not typecast all selective schools and especially North Sydney, in this way.

Astro551

HSC
Holy shit guys, check how many people are browsing this thread.
stuff is being stirred man :p going through all the selective school circles....
but yeh, it's fair enough to hate on an easy because it true that it probably doesn't differentiate to those who know their content extensively vs an average knowledge
like you could have not studied that much and done fine haha.
people in selective schools aren't all that smart anyway, and when you go to uni no one will give a rat's ass what institution you came from (public, selective, private, tafe, etc) :)

Last edited:

inJust

HSC
people in selective schools aren't all that smart anyway, and when you go to uni no one will give a rat's ass what institution you came from (public, selective, private, tafe, etc) :)
Really?! They won't care if I was homeschooled?! :O

retselycul

HSC
Ok, this just popped up on my newsfeed:
View attachment 26691View attachment 26690
They're from a 'elite' selective school and sure, you might have worked hard, but if you really are the 'best', as you claim, why not get 1st in the state and not be-grudge other people a good mark?????????

Hey, I go to a selective school, and trust me, it's a very small (and often disliked) minority who talk like that. In fact I know a lot of students at selective schools who are very dissatisfied with the inequalities of the schooling system and the separation between private, comprehensive and selective. Please know that this kind of elitism isn't as pervasive and pretentious as this thread makes it appear.

With regards to the HSC being harder - it really, really makes no difference how hard or easy the paper is, because they put you on a bell curve anyway, right? If it's harder, the average will move down - all the scaling is designed to accommodate for everyone's different levels. It is completely illogical (and not too intelligent) to bitch about the paper being too hard or easy, because it's about you versus everyone else, not you versus the paper.

Let's just admit, there are dickheads in all schools - and let's just be thankful that they're usually a small disliked minority.

The person in the thread is a mere pseudo-intellectual because they don't have any intelligent perspective on the issues, and what's important in life e.g. being a good person and being nice and kind to others, not getting a co-op to KPMG.

Please believe me when I say most kids at selective schools aren't that batshitcray - most of us are just trying to do the best we can, not to push others down, but just so we know we're doing right by ourselves (and sometimes there's parental pressure involved, which I haven't experienced but I know that motivated some people). I think most kids are nice and we should just focus on that. Plus us selective school kids are super insecure about our social status and the nerd stereotype, so even the 'elitist' ones are only elitist about their test scores, not their existence in general...

Hope that helps. May the level-headed, reasonable and nice people come out on top (I'm sure we will, no matter what school. It's how the world works.)

Astro551

HSC
nuppp :) yeh that's what my friend in uni told me anyways haha (from a selective school) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)