Elitist Selective school mentality makes me rage! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LamstaTOP

HSC
could you please edit or remove your comment? we dont want this to blow out of hand where consequent cyberbullying and hate mesages could push one person past the line and end in something horrific. please, if you have a conscience, take down the name

Keelan134

HSC
You know what else would make them whinge, Us Rural students get bonus ATAR points just because of our postcode :D Everyone gets a fair opportunity to try get to Uni, and besides they have 8 other units of testing, if the Economics exam was so easy for the 'pheasants', their farmer grade intelligence they apparently possess won't get them further.

Hahaha I love the quote, "CUZ IM FKN PREPARED. well not yet but I will be".

ahdil33

HSC
Out of pure honestly, not designed to offend anyone (but it does get somewhat racial but I'm trying to speak the truth). This is written to the best of my knowledge after attending a selective school (and comprehensive school).

1. Asian students (includes Indians etc) have a much higher tendency to attend coaching schools and tuition etc.
2. White people have a much higher tendency to do what they love and have no tuition/coaching.

Personally, I think tuition is usually a waste of time AND money.

1. I topped my school in Physics without any tutoring (my father taught me a bit) but otherwise, I didn't have tutoring. I can say that pretty much all of the top 30 received tutoring (at least all the Asians, curries etc) - scratch that, most Asians had tutoring for physics yet couldn't beat me (intention is to prove a point, not bragging). Why and how? I put proper effort in and relied on reliable sources only.
2. I went to tutoring for 4U (for SOME of the year) but eventually left because it had no effect on me - what actually changed me was the effort I put in (doing past papers equates to more understanding).
3. For English, I went to tutoring and it allowed me to have another perspective on my texts which proved to be useful but isn't necessary to do well.

There are a few points I want to make clear:
1. If you rely on tutoring in HSC, you're bound to fuck up down the road - university requires you to work independently and if you can't do that, you're fucked.
2. The cost of tutoring is generally NOT worth it - exceptions apply, of course (eg crap teacher etc)
This.

Tutoring is unnecessary, the best don't do it.

Jigram

HSC
You know what else would make them whinge, Us Rural students get bonus ATAR points just because of our postcode :D Everyone gets a fair opportunity to try get to Uni, and besides they have 8 other units of testing, if the Economics exam was so easy for the 'pheasants', their farmer grade intelligence they apparently possess won't get them further.
I TOTALLY AGREE! :)

I get 5 bonus points for law and arts at ANU. (I still want to get 96+ to know that I got in on my own merit, however) Most prestigious law school in the country. Fucken delicious. Got into Wollongong for selective entry as well. Being a rural student isn't all that bad.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
lol brah im pretty sure you'd be mad at yourself, you graduated in 2010 yet you're still lurking these forums making stupid fuckin pointless comments. go on, get a life.
Mate, seriously? He has certainly helped many people considerably over the past 2 years. We need more people who are willing to do so. So, shut up.

gorab

HSC
OP is mad because they didn't make it into a selective school and doesn't have the chance to feel better than everyone else lololol

agapesis

HSC
@Astro I get free tutoring 'cause my school is a National Partnerships one.

@Agapepsis. I'll repeat again. Obviously when I was talking about "ridiculous amounts of money" I was talking about private schools. If you're lucky enough to have access to a selective school then that's fantastic. However the sentiment that is present throughout that media article is a reflection. It's implied, but it's there.
ok thanks for clearing that up! the issue of coaching is kinda a sore spot for me (obviously) but i'm sorry for jumping down your throat there!

xxyennii

HSC
Remove this post immediately, how dare you deliberately violate the privacy of an individual and expose them to what is fast turning into a hate thread? I am disgusted, even more so if you are from the same school as you claim.

passionfruit23

HSC
guys shhhhhh have a nice, friendly video

[video]119bee9300abb2ba8d82782cac4ba31549c7204b[/video]

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Oy vey, the peasants are rioting again!

mOst_uniQue

HSC
o yea you guys are right, i should know better, 'facebook' isn't a public domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)