Engagement and the HSC (1 Viewer)

beve

Jesus
HSC
I got engaged in January this year... 9th to be exact:eek:
But anyways. It is the hardest thing... yes i know i am an idiot and i now am screwed for the HSC which i am sitting this year... Does anyone have any pointers on how to fit study into a busy sckedule (how do you spell that word???:vcross:) cause planning a wedding and trying to earn money classifies as a busy schedule (lol) so HELP anyone. Or anyone who has thoughts on how much of an idiot i am for saying yes when i'm 17, he is 20 btw.
One in 2.3 marriages ends in divorce. Think about it.

sarahdee

HSC
But anyways. It is the hardest thing... yes i know i am an idiot and i now am screwed for the HSC which i am sitting this year... Does anyone have any pointers on how to fit study into a busy sckedule (how do you spell that word???:vcross:) cause planning a wedding and trying to earn money classifies as a busy schedule (lol) so HELP anyone. Or anyone who has thoughts on how much of an idiot i am for saying yes when i'm 17, he is 20 btw.

why the early engagement? put off the wedding til end of next year/start of 2011. have a nice summer one. you've already spent 12yrs at school, don't throw that out the window. you've got your whole life to be married to him. he'll understand.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
haha oh fuck i cant believe i missed this shit. what a dumb slut, you cant even spell schedule and you want to get married to some retard 20yr old? haha fuck me

reminds me of this fag at uni who works for the rta, got engaged with some slut after going out for like 4 months and he is 19 and omg yes nolan, a massive christfag lol

Pace_T

HSC
wait til you finish the HSC then you can start planning it.

also this will be a good test to see if he's really worth it, i.e. if he can wait, and if he can encourage you through your studies.

InV0ke

HSC
can we get some info on your relationship with him?
i can write an 4000 words essay here and i can't be bothered
does your parents know?
if so, what were their respond?

i highly doubt 17 year old girl and a 20 year old guy would understand what it means to get married. there's a lot more to just "LETS GET MARRIED BABY"
imagine living with him, what if he has lots of bad habits you can't stand?
generally marriage at this early in life would end up as a divorce
so maybe you need to be more careful and thoughtful about that path of your future. because I'm sure if you are still living with your parents, you still have too much to learn.
and yes you're just a bit of an idiot saying yes without asking on BoredofStudies =d
btw ignore all the flames =) people are like that sometimes, they are just bored out of their mind

Last edited:

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
i know a girl in year 11 and she is engaged, i think she is marrying after HSC.

btw: why dont you study for HSC, work a shitload and get married this time next year?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
can we get some info on your relationship with him?
i can write an 4000 words essay here and i can't be bothered
does your parents know?
if so, what were their respond?

i highly doubt 17 year old girl and a 20 year old guy would understand what it means to get married. there's a lot more to just "LETS GET MARRIED BABY"
imagine living with him, what if he has lots of bad habits you can't stand?
generally marriage at this early in life would end up as a divorce
so maybe you need to be more careful and thoughtful about that path of your future. because I'm sure if you are still living with your parents, you still have too much to learn.
and yes you're just a bit of an idiot saying yes without asking on BoredofStudies =d
btw ignore all the flames =) people are like that sometimes, they are just bored out of their mind
Citation needed fool

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
haha oh fuck i cant believe i missed this shit. what a dumb slut, you cant even spell schedule and you want to get married to some retard 20yr old? haha fuck me

reminds me of this fag at uni who works for the rta, got engaged with some slut after going out for like 4 months and he is 19 and omg yes nolan, a massive christfag lol
not my choice of words but definitely what I was thinking!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Oh she can't spell schedule, that's so cute.

I guess you don't need to spell schedule, nor do you have a need for one when you're filling out your Centrelink payments.

evilflic

Supreme Member
Roseville/Chatswood (Sydney)... soon to be St Luci
HSC

If you're too immature to say no in the first place and too immature to perpetuate the situation by not calling off the engagement, then you're definitely too immature to be getting married.
If you're looking back now and saying how much of an "idiot [you are] for saying yes when [you're] 17", then I can pretty much guarantee that feeling of regret you have will only intensify when you're 20+ and realise there were plenty more fish in the sea.

samthebear

HSC
Each to his own i guess. i suggest you have a long engagement and push the wedding to next year. that way everything is spaced out...

my two cents: I think you should wait a while before you get married. people change, things change, situations change. i'm not saying this is doomed to fail, but extream pressure and stress (as usually exprienced during the HSC) tend to put alot of pressure on personal relationships as well. Dont compound this stress by insisting on having the wedding THIS year. There is always next year (in like 8 months).

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
In my experience, i've found peoples personalities change dramatically between 18 and 25- you could be in for an interesting relationship.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
If you're too immature to say no in the first place and too immature to perpetuate the situation by not calling off the engagement, then you're definitely too immature to be getting married.
If you're looking back now and saying how much of an "idiot [you are] for saying yes when [you're] 17", then I can pretty much guarantee that feeling of regret you have will only intensify when you're 20+ and realise there were plenty more fish in the sea.
haha fuck why did you put that in quotation marks and put the 2nd you're in brackets

try hard tard

Miss Code

HSC
Originally Posted by Eby-Kate
Ok my parents have got engaged when my mum was 17 and my dad was 21?? and they are still together almost 21 years later, dont worry what others think, go with your heart.
Good luck :)

InV0ke

HSC
Ok my parents have got engaged when my mum was 17 and my dad was 21?? and they are still together almost 21 years later, dont worry what others think, go with your heart.
Good luck :)
honey that's 21 years ago, things are different in this century and generation =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)