English trials? (1 Viewer)

jessxxr

HSC
Today's exam was alright. Only thing that made me go wtf was that the head of english told the whole grade to prepare TWO related texts for belonging/modc, and they ended up asking for ONE today. I made up a whole paragraph on the spot, which i've never done before. D:
"just one" or "at least one" because if it said at least one you still could have done two

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Today's exam was alright. Only thing that made me go wtf was that the head of english told the whole grade to prepare TWO related texts for belonging/modc, and they ended up asking for ONE today. I made up a whole paragraph on the spot, which i've never done before. D:
Lol. You still could have done two. Also, it's best always to be prepared for two is probably what they were getting at because they don't get to see the hsc beforehand.

jamesfirst

HSC
what are the chances of HSC asking for AT LEAST one related ?? I totally got owned in trials cos I prepared 2 related texts.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
what are the chances of HSC asking for AT LEAST one related ?? I totally got owned in trials cos I prepared 2 related texts.
It's quite possible. However, that said, there's been a greater tendency in recent years to ask for one ORT. They've steadily been reducing it since 2007 IIRC.

crimson_delight

HSC
With the mushroom poem, I don't even want to ... grr. I think I mentioned something about the individual's relationship with the natural world and how it triggers a sense of belonging or something, I don't even remember. My creative went okay - though it was only three pages, I've gathered that they don't look for quantity, so hopefully it's sophisticated enough. :/

My analytical, though ... I think my arguments were relatively well done, and the short answers were alright, except for that mushroom poem. That was just horrific. But other than that, Paper 1 wasn't too bad. Paper 2, on the other hand ...

chels777

HSC
i liked the mushroom poem used it in the 5 marker i didn't particularly like the image my creative was ok the end was a tad corny i made it a diary entry i also liked the belonging essay paper 2 was decent but i can seriously never tell how i have done in english time will tell i guess

K

khorne

independent trial exam was really easy. MUCH better than I expected.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
This was our fuckin module A question:

How was the idea of a quest used by the authors of you texts to promote the central values of their text.
(something along these lines)

I got fuked up so fukin bad. f***************k

HSC
Uni Grad
wait i'm not sure if my paper was the independent one

my sect 2 was like "place leads to belonging"

sect 3 was "security is linked wif belonging"

khfreakau

HSC
wait i'm not sure if my paper was the independent one

my sect 2 was like "place leads to belonging"

sect 3 was "security is linked wif belonging"
wat? our sect 3 was also security is linked with belonging :O

In other news, PAPER 2 COMPLETE, FEEL LIKE SUCH A FUCKING BOSS RIGHT NOW (Y)

HSC
Uni Grad
my teachers didn't tell us which one it was, i just assumed because last years was indie

K

khorne

The only slightly worrying thing was in my composition I used fuck twice. In proper context of course, it was to aid in characterisation :/ Hopefully that'll be alright.

HSC
Uni Grad
also fuck 1 related text only

spent all weekend finding and learning a 2nd related text

HSC
Uni Grad
our paper 1 trials we're actually the CSSA 2010 paper... like WTF??? seriously the school couldn't be bothered giving us the independent or catholic paper from this year T_T

nevertheless i did pretty well in paper 1 except the creative, which was a speech. if i did this paper with my tutor i wouldve been able to ace it though..

tuliptea

HSC
how did you independent people answer the Hamlet question in paper 2?? change and uncertainty etcetc??
:/

Laurac-z

HSC
..........I ofcourse I didn't rigt there was just in a rush typing and wasn't thinking. But could I get marked down for saying that? :O
You can't get marked down for spelling in the HSC as long as they can understand what your trying to spell. But if you do misspell an authors name or a title wrong it won't give a very good impression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)