English Tutoring - Why you need me (1 Viewer)

phaedrus900

HSC
N/A
Re: (Free) English Adv, Ext Trials and Ext 2 Submission Advice

thanks guys :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

thanks guys :)
nws

Next time, I'm going to link this with your tutoring ad and bump them both at the same time (since everyone needs to see your title "english tutoring-why you need me". Without doubt everyone needs you Phaedrus900 so guys, if you are reading my comment right now, please hire PHaedrus900 to be your tutor because you really do need him :))

si2136

HSC
N/A

Hi, I was wondering if you recommend doing a creative writing piece for EXT 2 English.

Thanks!

phaedrus900

HSC
N/A
Hi si2136,

It's a little broad a question to answer definitively. If you are capable and passionate you can certainly do extremely well in a creative writing piece for Ext 2. However, you need to remember this is fundamentally an English exercise. Therefore, even a very good piece can do poorly if not justified on academic grounds, supported by a strong academic and literary Reflection Statement which clearly evidences deep and broad research, literary intent and insight.

Please let me know if you need further clarification :)

si2136

HSC
N/A
Hi si2136,

It's a little broad a question to answer definitively. If you are capable and passionate you can certainly do extremely well in a creative writing piece for Ext 2. However, you need to remember this is fundamentally an English exercise. Therefore, even a very good piece can do poorly if not justified on academic grounds, supported by a strong academic and literary Reflection Statement which clearly evidences deep and broad research, literary intent and insight.

Please let me know if you need further clarification :)
I'm not what sure you're meant to do for Extension 2 English, besides doing a major work and a reflection statement. Is there any question at all or is it free of choice? And could you describe what you mean by justification on academic grounds?

phaedrus900

HSC
N/A
Yes that is indeed what you do for Extension 2. You chose a topic/set of themes/ (or whatever other more creative parameters you want) and make a project on it.

Regarding the 'academic justification', it's important to look at themes, ideas, explorations that have some intellectual (and by extension academic) basis. Although it's fine to be obscure e.g. look at 17th century Japanese Origami or whatever, it's generally good to ground it in perennial 'English' themes like human nature, the human condition, emotions, relationships e.t.c. Otherwise it's not an English MW as such. The boundaries are fairly fluid between 'English' and other subjects such as history, but it needs to be clearly something in academic intellectual territory to give it depth and merit.

phaedrus900

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

Just a quick note for those who haven't completed Trials and want a brush up/final boost. I am currently offering tutoring (1 session is fine, or multiple) for English Standard, ESL, Advanced, Extension. I am also doing Economics for those who are interested (Credentials - HSC 94, Duesburys Nexia Economics Prize, University of Sydney Commerce Academic Merit Scholarship). Please PM 0405836941 or email davidbloomfieldgrad@gmail.com if interested or for further info/advice.

Cheers,
Dave

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

Just a quick note for those who haven't completed Trials and want a brush up/final boost. I am currently offering tutoring (1 session is fine, or multiple) for English Standard, ESL, Advanced, Extension. I am also doing Economics for those who are interested (Credentials - HSC 94, Duesburys Nexia Economics Prize, University of Sydney Commerce Academic Merit Scholarship). Please PM 0405836941 or email davidbloomfieldgrad@gmail.com if interested or for further info/advice.

Cheers,
Dave
Guys don't miss out on your chance to get feedback on your essays/creatives and/or get tutored by Phaedrus900 :D

Come in quick and hire his service(s)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
With the HSC coming up in approximately a month, it is crucial that you refine on your essays (and creatives) and make sure you get the indepth feedback required on it. Someone who is very knowledgeable in HSC english, like Phaedrus900 can do that, so make sure that when you hire essay marking (and possibly tutoring) services you use someone like Phaedrus900 to help you out. Will guarantee you a band 6 in english advanced if you stick to people like Phaedrus900

Free bump and all the best in attracting students

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)