Equity Scholarships (1 Viewer)

Has anybody heard from UAC or any university about the commonwealth equity scholarships?
Just wondering if i should start to freak out now about how to pay for everything or wait till the 23rd lol
Thanx

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Continuing students – If you have an active enrolment (ie you are currently enrolled, or you are on approved leave of absence) at a participating NSW or ACT institution, or at any ACU National campus, and the institution has determined that you will receive an offer to a CLS, the institution will notify you by mail of your CLS offer no later than Friday 27 January 2006

^What if I'm a continuing student AND a UAC applicant (for a transfer)? I don't want to wait an extra week :(

sly fly

HSC
iminlalaland said:
Has anybody heard from UAC or any university about the commonwealth equity scholarships?
Just wondering if i should start to freak out now about how to pay for everything or wait till the 23rd lol
Thanx
I don't know if this helps but I was notified on friday that I got a scholarship....I think they should have notified everyone by now....let us know how u went :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shite, i havent received anything re: scholarships yet.

waf: have u gotten any notification? maybe usyd hasnt been sent out.
I hope they notify you whether ure successful or not

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nope haven't got notification yet, but then again I applied in the late round.

xploda08

HSC
Well I got my offer and my CLS Scholarship the day afta...in the mail that is. So i'm getting $2080 per yr for 4 years!!! WOOHOO!! It shud come around wen u receive an offer i think. Or maybe jus mid jan to tell u if u r gonna get one or not. But i'm pretty sure they would send most, if not then all the scholarships (CLS) in the main round. So it is possible that if you didnt get one dat you mite not get one. But keeps ur hopes high and pray dat im wrong if ur still hoping for one.

EDIT: Uni = USYD

Last edited:

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
xploda08 said:
Well I got my offer and my CLS Scholarship the day afta...in the mail that is. So i'm getting $2080 per yr for 4 years!!! WOOHOO!! It shud come around wen u receive an offer i think. Or maybe jus mid jan to tell u if u r gonna get one or not. But i'm pretty sure they would send most, if not then all the scholarships (CLS) in the main round. So it is possible that if you didnt get one dat you mite not get one. But keeps ur hopes high and pray dat im wrong if ur still hoping for one.

EDIT: Uni = USYD

just be careful (this is for you and anyone else who gets a scholarship) but you might have to re-apply each year (even if you have been awarded the scholarship or 4 years)
just check with that cos i'm not 100% sure, but one of my friends had one and he thought he had lost it cos he didn't re-apply

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
ballerinabarbie said:
just be careful (this is for you and anyone else who gets a scholarship) but you might have to re-apply each year (even if you have been awarded the scholarship or 4 years)
just check with that cos i'm not 100% sure, but one of my friends had one and he thought he had lost it cos he didn't re-apply
The issue there would probably be that he didn't provide proof that he is still eligible for it.

Before each payment you need to provide proof that you are eligble (it's just a bit of paper from centrelink which is easily gettable). With the first one this is done with the application.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I got 2! lol. Both CAS and CECS. ..."$6,241 in 2006, one payment totalling 50% of the annual value being made in each six month period on or after your institution's relevant census date."

Edit: not to worry I figured it out. $6,241 per year but half of that every 6 months.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i may get it later, as it says continuing students get it by friday. i was a UAC applicant AND a continuing student.

I haven't got any notification, so i'm not keeping my hopes up, but it says that people are notified by this friday if they directly applied, and I applied through UNE.
Also everything I am supposed to get comes late: eg: my package that had all my nursing stuff came a week after some other people recieved theres, anyways, I spose I can apply later on or something :(
Goodluck Stas, I hope you get one :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it says that we don't get notification if we don't get a scholarship :(
I also wonder how they work it out. I won't qualify by UAI but I may by UAI/uni marks. I really hope it's just uni marks though, as I should get one for sure, then.

Thanks. Anyway, I think it has nothing to do with UAI/ Uni marks, I think (now don't quote me on this) that it's just how *needy* you are. I'm really needy *crys* haha

Last edited by a moderator:

>monkey<

HSC
YAAAAAAAY
i just got a USYD access scholarship in the mail!!
I get $4000 a year for 5 years!!! :D:D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i'm pretty sure that marks come into play for the usyd ones, at least.
monkey - what was your uai

>monkey<

HSC
stazi said:
i'm pretty sure that marks come into play for the usyd ones, at least.
monkey - what was your uai
yes marks do come into play with usyd access scholarships
it said that i was awarded the scholarship due to academic ability and finanacial disadvantage!
my uai was 99.05

Awwww hopefully it's not the same with UNE, or in plain simple language I'M SCREWED :(:(:'( haha
Edit: Congrats on getting a scholarship though *thumbs up*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)