• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hey roadcone, how was the interview?
was it the usual "what made you interested in accounting"
"why would you want to work for this firm"
or more the "if you were.....what would you do"

ishq

brown?
HSC
I'm heaps sorry roadcone! I'm pretty clueless - I thought InfiniteQ was a guy too (it was the avatar) until I glanced below it.
Great work for the KPMG interview! I didnt get a call - just an SMS...

EY tonight! - Did I see anyone? I tried to spot Meads but there were heaps of tall people...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
ishq said:
I'm heaps sorry roadcone! I'm pretty clueless - I thought InfiniteQ was a guy too (it was the avatar) until I glanced below it.
Great work for the KPMG interview! I didnt get a call - just an SMS...

EY tonight! - Did I see anyone? I tried to spot Meads but there were heaps of tall people...
I didn't go... too busy trying to study CMI.

Did you enjoy it

ishq

brown?
HSC
Absolutely!
I was at the Financial Services place - and these really nice people were telling us all about the social events, fancy dress parades, christmas parties, getting drunk at grad camp :D

One was Lorraine and the other was an AABS Senior Manager who is going to be assessing us on Friday *chews nails -or whats left of them*
I had fun!

Did you go to the Trainee Information Night 2 weeks ago?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
ishq said:
Absolutely!
I was at the Financial Services place - and these really nice people were telling us all about the social events, fancy dress parades, christmas parties, getting drunk at grad camp :D

One was Lorraine and the other was an AABS Senior Manager who is going to be assessing us on Friday *chews nails -or whats left of them*
I had fun!

Did you go to the Trainee Information Night 2 weeks ago?
Oooh grad camp... heh heh heh. The craziest week ever. I have vowed never to drink that much again ... free drinks 5 nights in a row... who could blame us?! :eek:

Not too familiar with FS people... I met a few at grad camp... Nancy, Michelle, Tori, Steven, Sulesh.

No, didn't go to that one either. I missed out big time! I think more people from my group went to that one.

Don't worry about the assessment... I'm sure you'll do fine!

roadcone

HSC
holla back girl said:
hey roadcone, how was the interview?
was it the usual "what made you interested in accounting"
"why would you want to work for this firm"
or more the "if you were.....what would you do"
it was alright, not to confident but we'll see.. umm it was a mix of both, mainly focused on 'think of a situation when this happened.. how did you react, what would you do differently, etc'

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
yeh i thought EY was awesome tonight...i actually enjoyed myself...i was the TALLEST guy there...maroon blazer, couple of badges...corporate tax...curly hair...ugly as fuck...lol...

HSC
N/A
questions

does anyone know how much you get paid as a trainee?
eg, at kpmg?pwc? ey?
and btw which do you guys think is the best firm, as in atmosphere, people, reputation etc.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
holla back girl said:
does anyone know how much you get paid as a trainee?
eg, at kpmg?pwc? ey?
and btw which do you guys think is the best firm, as in atmosphere, people, reputation etc.
Around $25k. KPMG is slightly slower because they provide 20 days study leave. Reputation wise they are all the same.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Yeh i have only been to the EY night, and i was pretty impressed...i have PwC next week so we will see how it goes...apparently last night at EY there were roughly 75 ppl there, and they got over 500 apps :S so we did pretty well to get there...congrats bosers

ishq

brown?
HSC
Its only going to get harder!
12 people shortlisted for Financial Assurance - of which, 3 or 4 will make it. And it is a pretty good 12 too...
Who had thier E&Y assessment centre today? Mine is tomorrow...

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
12 shortlisted? has financial assurrance already had assessment centre day? ishq what do u look like? sure u did not see freak boy there? me :p

ishq

brown?
HSC
By shortlisted, I mean there are 12 candidates for Financial Services in AABS. Of these,3 or 4 will be taken by E&Y.
My assessment day is tomorrow :D
I'm curry - does that narrow it down? Not tall (Though everyone knows I try to be)... I was really just hanging out in the far left corner drinking loads of orange juice :) - wearing black trousers...
Was freak boy :) in uniform? Which school? Which colours? :D

On a remarkably different note, I just returned from a one-on-one interview at PKF. It was.....weird... roadcone - how long did your interview go for? This one seemed to stretch for almost an hour...

Anyone off to the PwC Information Night in a couple of hours? :D

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
ishq said:
By shortlisted, I mean there are 12 candidates for Financial Services in AABS. Of these,3 or 4 will be taken by E&Y.
My assessment day is tomorrow :D
I'm curry - does that narrow it down? Not tall (Though everyone knows I try to be)... I was really just hanging out in the far left corner drinking loads of orange juice :) - wearing black trousers...
Was freak boy :) in uniform? Which school? Which colours? :D

On a remarkably different note, I just returned from a one-on-one interview at PKF. It was.....weird... roadcone - how long did your interview go for? This one seemed to stretch for almost an hour...

Anyone off to the PwC Information Night in a couple of hours? :D
ah ok, there were a few curries there...not surprised :p lol...yeh i was in uniform, maroon blazer...my mate from the same skool would of been hanging around ur area i think, financial services, he was only short, but also had the maroon blazer...i got PwC info night next Tuesday...let me know how it goes tonite though

ishq

brown?
HSC
Ah! The Gregory's guy?
Alex!....No, no....the guy with the brother? ....hmmm...I know, wait...it will come to me... Luke?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
ishq said:
Ah! The Gregory's guy?
Alex!....No, no....the guy with the brother? ....hmmm...I know, wait...it will come to me... Luke?
yep luke is his name, but im sorry he dont have a brother :p lol...what did u think of him? reckon he is in with a chance? he is a freako at math

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
my friends bf got an offer today from E&Y.. i'm not sure which area it was in but he's goin to the PWC thing and another KPMG one.

he wants to see if he gets any other offers before taking the E&Y one.

it sounded really competitive

ishq

brown?
HSC
That must have been the Entraprenaurial Growth Division. The had their interviews today. Apparently, you should know if you make a couple of hours after your interview - definately the same day.

He was alright :) Everyone is in with a chance, I reckon. Lol...I know about the Maths, He suffers from "Extension II Math classes during sport and lunch" syndrome, like I do. God! Im so scared!!!

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
lol im not scared...i just know that im gonna miss out! :p i dont think my academic record is good enough...i am really pushing to get a UAI of above 90, and some of the other ppl from my division were telling me that they are on target to get 99 :S so FARK that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)