Ernst & Young (3 Viewers)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
theone123 said:
well year to year it varies, last time i remember its KPMG ranked 2nd, alsoo thought BDO was 5th kekeke, maybe not now....
Of course it does... however I believe that is the most recent report. As far as employment is concerned... it doesn't really mean anything if you're working for one of the top 5 IMO.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I wonder if any of the BOS members who have there interviews today get an offer...be sure to let me know...

ishq

brown?
HSC
Meads said:
I wonder if any of the BOS members who have there interviews today get an offer...be sure to let me know...
Well, Meads ... I just returned from the assessment centre.
And...

I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!

I dont believe this...
Please excuse me while I go and die of happiness.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
ishq said:
Well, Meads ... I just returned from the assessment centre.
And...

I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!
I GOT INTO EY!!!!!!

I dont believe this...
Please excuse me while I go and die of happiness.
Awww congrats :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
well congratulations! you must be good then! lol how did you find out? call you on the way home or something? I wonder if my mate got in...Congrats again...your gonna have to give me some tips on how to get in myself ;)

HSC
N/A
is a cadetship worth it?

congrats ishq...wow..impressive!
what school are you from?? and what the crap did you do? you must have been heaps good!

can i just ask a question guys? i have been thinking about it alot.
is a cadetship worth it?
i'm just abit confused, you know how if you study part time for commerce, it takes 6 years, wouldn't it be better if you just did full time without any distractions and then apply for the firm? i mean its six full years, and what if you find out that a new graduate in the same grade as you is earning more than you because you're still a cadet. that would be really crappy.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
holla back girl said:
congrats ishq...wow..impressive!
what school are you from?? and what the crap did you do? you must have been heaps good!

can i just ask a question guys? i have been thinking about it alot.
is a cadetship worth it?
i'm just abit confused, you know how if you study part time for commerce, it takes 6 years, wouldn't it be better if you just did full time without any distractions and then apply for the firm? i mean its six full years, and what if you find out that a new graduate in the same grade as you is earning more than you because you're still a cadet. that would be really crappy.
Uh dude... it takes 4 years to finish your degree as a cadet (unless you're a psycho like yours truly & overload you can still finish in 3 yrs).
Also, cadets gain experience whilst they're studying that is valued much more when you graduate & are compared /w the graduates. They take into account that you're graduating with far more experience than full-time grads.
It's really a question of whether you're willing to put in the extra effort of juggling full time work & study... if you're up for it then I don't think you can lose. Also, if you wait to apply as a grad there is a lot more competition than you're facing right now. I don't know about you... but I'd rather not have to worry about getting a D average to maintain a competitive edge!

HSC
N/A
infinitQ: when you say "put in the extra effort", how much effort do you mean?
like how many hours in a day do you work as a cadet at the firm and how many hours of uni do you do after work. and what do you mean when you say that the cadetship goes for four years, i mean commerce takes four years, so don't you have the cadetship for four years?
and also, what about your uni life? do you get time to meet people? do you get to do extra stud\ff like societies etc?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
holla back girl said:
infinitQ: when you say "put in the extra effort", how much effort do you mean?
like how many hours in a day do you work as a cadet at the firm and how many hours of uni do you do after work. and what do you mean when you say that the cadetship goes for four years, i mean commerce takes four years, so don't you have the cadetship for four years?
and also, what about your uni life? do you get time to meet people? do you get to do extra stud\ff like societies etc?
Well we get 5 hrs a week to go to uni so with the exception of the day I take all my 5 hrs to go to uni (you can disperse it if you like, it's easier to take it all in one day). With audit it depends on what job you're on... I was on a really big job when I started so the earliest I went home was 6pm on a normal working day. After work, I do 9 hours of uni (if you do 2 subjects then obviously you do 6).

Commerce takes 3 years. In a Cadetship you work full time for the first two years of your degree and the final two years you study full time (working in the holidays). This is for your standard 2+2 program. PwC offers (and perhaps others) sandwich which is alternating b/w full time work & study every semester.

Last year I was doing stuff for the Commerce society... this year I've been way too busy I don't have the time for it. I do know people who have been really active in uni socities (two people are running for positions) whilst on cadetships... when you do 2 subjects it's really not that bad especially because work is really support of your uni committments and 5 hrs of study leave is more than enough if you only have 6 contact hrs at uni (of which 4 are night lectures that are out of work hours anyway!). Work is also VERY social so you never feel like you're missing something... I enjoy the fast pace actually. I also know of people who do four subjects and work full time too! It's all do-able if you want it to be.

HSC
N/A
is there such a thing as 2 full years of study and then two full years of work in that order, that would be heaps cool, beacuse you'll start uni at the same time as your friends. hm, i think i kind of like the 2-2 thing, its way better than switching, switching seems so hectic and busy.

HSC
N/A
now that i think about it, cadetship seems really good, not sure if i have it right, but um, you get to finish a commerce degree in 2 yrs where others complete it in 3 years (you study during holz) and you have a guranteed job straight after uni. wow.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
holla back girl said:
is there such a thing as 2 full years of study and then two full years of work in that order, that would be heaps cool, beacuse you'll start uni at the same time as your friends. hm, i think i kind of like the 2-2 thing, its way better than switching, switching seems so hectic and busy.
Well I've never heard of anyone doing that but I don't think it's a good idea anyway because in terms of work experience you'll be behind by 2 years whereas your colleagues who started traineeships with you will be 2 years ahead of you ... hence more likely to go up the ladder quicker!
It is true I don't see my high school friends very often at all ... but you meet a lot of people in the same boat as you & that's great.

Yeah not much of a fan of sandwich...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
holla back girl said:
now that i think about it, cadetship seems really good, not sure if i have it right, but um, you get to finish a commerce degree in 2 yrs where others complete it in 3 years (you study during holz) and you have a guranteed job straight after uni. wow.
Nooh... you finish it in 4 years (2 yrs full time work/part time study, 2 yrs full time study/work in hols)... it takes you 1 year more to do it compared to full timer's but you've gained 2 years work experience as well.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
holla back girl said:
i dont think u get a guaranteed job at the end of the cadet, it just gives you a higher edge over others, same with Vacationer and CA Achiever.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
theone123 said:
i dont think u get a guaranteed job at the end of the cadet, it just gives you a higher edge over others, same with Vacationer and CA Achiever.
Actually you are guaranteed a job at the end of your cadetship. CA Achiever & vacationers have the same deal as you were implying... you are most likely to be offered a job if you've been performing well.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
InfinteQ are you on a cadetship or is your work with EY on a part-time basis? (not under the cadet program)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)