Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
some1 please give me a rundown on this EY group task? Cheers

ps- ishq, i dont to be myself, myself wants to screw one of the lovely EY ladies on the desk :p jokes :p me got a lovely gf :)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
babee_blu_eyez said:
so how much background on ey n my division do i need to research??
Haha you can walk in knowing nothing... research is good for when you want to ask a question about how their divisions are structured etc... shows you've done research. But they don't expect you to know anything... just a bit here & there you read off their websites... what AABS do, what Tax does etc.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Meads said:
some1 please give me a rundown on this EY group task? Cheers

ps- ishq, i dont to be myself, myself wants to screw one of the lovely EY ladies on the desk :p jokes :p me got a lovely gf :)
Relax Meads! :D:D You'll be fine!
EY group interview: They put you into groups of about 5/6 randomly and give you this task. Its not building anything or presenting to other groups or developing a new Tax Software! :) Its just group discussion for one hour, at the end of which you have to come to a conclusion. In our room, we had 3 guys watching us and make notes. Also, in the middle of it, a senior partner came in and watched us, and made a couple of notes on one guy's pad. It was alright. Having the senior partner there was a bit unnerving for me because I knew he was a senior partner - he had been there talking to us on the information night. The others were blissfully unaware of his presence.

The office tour was the best part: Financial Services (the division I applied for) is on the top level - 50 :D

know_it_all

ishq: so the interview, jst be yourself n relax? the group task, just be proactive n a team player.....
but what about the written essay??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
A tip for the EY group tasks - don't try and dominate the discussion, always let others have their say. If someone isn't speaking much, ask them "so, what do YOU think? do you have some input?"

ishq

brown?
HSC
babee_blu_eyes:
Exactly! Be yourself and display a fair amount of interest in accounting and EY.

For group discussion, as Minai said, don't dominate. I'm the kind of person who ends up dominating anything - just telling everyone to shut up and listen to me. I identified that before these interviews came up - actually, I identified that last year when my English Teacher said "you're an outspoken one aren't you?" I've been working on that for quite some time.
So, again, as Minai said, I tried really hard to keep all my opinions to myself. And the "what do you think?" and "what are you worried about?" keeps you getting noticed. Also, when everyone else is speaking, nod along like you're really listening.
And really, its alright if the group ends up going a different way to what you would like - just be sure you support it and dont stick out like a sore thumb.

Written essay: its really common sense. Nothing technical. None of the entire day requires prior knowledge in accounting really.

Good Luck guys! Get there early, have a chat with everyone and enjoy the great food and tiny cans of coke :D
May the force be with you :D:D:D

shiroangel

akaNiCoL3
HSC
hey

i was jus wondering, for pricewaterhouse coopers how many ppl out of the 180 that were selected applied to Assurance?....is it lyk around 130 or sumfin?.....because apparently out of the 60 positions that they hav altogether, 45 are for the assurance division.....

thanx in advance

HSC
N/A
has anyone had their first interview at kpmg? i have mine on monday and it would be really helpful if you give me some tips about it...like the type of qs that they may ask...um...do i need to be prepared for any thing?

also ishq: so now that you've been accepted at ey...are you still going to go ahead with any other interviews from other firms???

ishq

brown?
HSC
holla back girl said:
has anyone had their first interview at kpmg? i have mine on monday and it would be really helpful if you give me some tips about it...like the type of qs that they may ask...um...do i need to be prepared for any thing?

also ishq: so now that you've been accepted at ey...are you still going to go ahead with any other interviews from other firms???
Yeah I thought about that.
I got the call from E&Y on Friday but I havent got the contract yet. I'll probably get that tomorrow or day after. I'll probably have a read and see.

I've decided to step back from my interviews with the smaller ones - BDO second round, PKF (If i get second round). But, I am going to KPMG tomorrow and PwC on thursday to see if I get in - their terms or whatever may be better. I probably wont though - E&Y was my good luck:D. I also have Grant Thornton tomorrow which I couldnt cancel ...

But yeah, its just my luck that I got E&Y - Truthfully, I had no expectations whatsoever :D

Now, its up to you guys! Good Luck!

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
do yo uhave a list of companies that do traineeships?...so that its easier to apply?

HSC
N/A
ishq:
i didn't see you today....at the kpmg interview...but yeh...what did you think?
lmao....and which q struck you the most?? lol

ishq

brown?
HSC
holla back girl said:
ishq:
i didn't see you today....at the kpmg interview...but yeh...what did you think?
lmao....and which q struck you the most?? lol
I was there! Till about 1.30pm..which is when my interviewer came in and took me off into a meeting room. How about you?
I found the "tell me about a boring and monotonous time" question really unnerving. It took me quite a while to think of something. What did you think :D
Who was your interviewer?

VLTURBO

HSC
Has anyone been to the Grant Thornton interview. i did wasnt to hard, how did u guys find it? also did u have to do that assessment thing

ishq

brown?
HSC
VLTURBO said:
Has anyone been to the Grant Thornton interview. i did wasnt to hard, how did u guys find it? also did u have to do that assessment thing
Yeah - the personality test was a bit funny. The problem solving one was cool - I got to Question 40 - how about you?

HSC
N/A
ishq:
"tell me about a boring and monotonous time"
i wasn't asked that and yeh..i prob didn't see you coz i had mine at around 3 pm...i had this really nice lady..
yeh...i agree alot of situation ones...had to tjink on the spot...
btw what did you say for that question...i wouldn't know how to answer it...
all i kept saying was that "i love team work!"

VLTURBO

HSC
i got to question 37 and skipped a few before that, the ppl there seemed nice but its pretty small a

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
woooot Meads got an EY offer today :) totally stoked...some stiff competition...so im cheerin!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)