Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

know_it_all

thanks every1 n congrats to those who got in too
um i duno wat ill choose, problii ey cos they offer double degrees but looking forward to the pwc towel
not sure..

VLTURBO

HSC
Did anyone get an offer from BDO? i just got the call then

ishq

brown?
HSC
VLTURBO, who are you and what school are you at? :D

DaisyAnh

HSC
hey i was wondern 4 da people who got offers, hav yoo guys all have loads of workn experience?

VLTURBO

HSC
Na i have had no work experience in accounting, but play league and touch footy and also have a part-time job

ishq

brown?
HSC
Same as ^.
Except change league and footy for netball, tennis and dance. Though, one day, I wouldnt mind trying. :)

HSC
N/A
pwc called....didn't get in...
so what do i do now?? i have no contracts waiting for me...no one wants me...whats the next step...if there is any?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
holla back girl said:
pwc called....didn't get in...
so what do i do now?? i have no contracts waiting for me...no one wants me...whats the next step...if there is any?
Forget about it till the HSC is over. Focus on killing the HSC and use your UAI as ammo to hit at them again around January. If they call you you will make it to interview and begin working with the other trainees in your year.
Don't give up but just let it rest for now.

know_it_all

jst got the pwc contract
damn they go all out...tickets, towel, water bottle...personalised business card with my name on it!
too bad it says i have to major in accounting n have to do my CA...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Well they say that assuming you will stick it out with them throughout your career... however I was told by a manager today that you are not required to do your CA once you graduate but if you want to make it past senior it's probably a good idea to do it although you can't really go wrong with having that qualification. Also, considering you're working in audit (or tax) it's naive not to expect them to require an accounting major. Can't have your cake & eat it too.

roadcone

HSC
i got offers from kpmg, grant thornton and pkf...

i think i'm going to go pkf tho after looking through it all

DaisyAnh

HSC
wow..i'd love to work in pkf..soO lucky.hahah
how tough was the decision?

roadcone

HSC
yeah they seem like a really decent firm, yes not big 4 (they are the 5th biggest, but it is a hell of a gap).. but from reading over all the contracts and stuff the decision to go them has actually been quite easy.. the main factor being that i got offered corporate tax at pkf where as all the others are straight audit... actually not taking kpmg was mainly because my brother works there and because of that the placement i got wasnt where i wanted to work so yeah

roadcone

HSC
umm generally yes... altho there are not many firms that will allow you to complete double degrees on cadetship because it simply takes too long (EY is a notable exception, as are a few of the mid-tier firms)

LiL*1

lil_elle
HSC
Cadetships

I got an offer with KPMG and I have a second interview with PKF-- can ne1 let me know what 2 expect?
I just got a call from Horwath today... nearly a month after I applied! Wondering if anyone is going to their interview or any of the smaller firms.
Im waiting on Bentleys, they made me do online assessments like ColesMyer have for thier recruitment, starting to wonder what's taking them so long to get back to me, honestly cant b bothered chasing after them!
Congrats on evry1 hu hav offers! EY & PwC didnt want me :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)