Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I submitted my app for the traineeship on tues nite
Who else is going for it?

I

icycloud

Hey! I just got a call this arvo and the lady said I've been selected to take part in the interview on 3rd July. Except the thing is at the time she called I was sort of busy, so when she asked if I was busy, I said yes. Then she said she understands and said that she would email me all the details. Which means I only know that it's going to be on 3rd July. I'm really scared now they won't email me because they thought I was rude!!

Oh and she also said there's going to be an information evening next Thursday. Except I have exams all next week, which means I won't be able to make the information evening. Do they take note of who goes to the info evening and does it affect your chances of getting a contract? Also what sorts of information do we get on the info evening? Anything really important? I really want to go except stupid stupid exams! :(

Thanks for anyone who can help me! (e.g. previous trainees)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha chillax. Btw are you talking EY or PwC? 3rd July seems pretty late for interviews for Big4 I think- maybe the times are different this year round.

I remember last year... all the EY people had their interviews (and received job offers) way before the rest of the firms had even started their interviews! Also remember my mate from KPMG got his offer the same day I did- 1st of July (what a way to celebrate the new financial year!).

Best wishes to everyone in their applications :)

I

icycloud

I'm talking about EY. Nooo I'm really worried now that the person got pissed off :S

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Unless you were rude about it- don't worry too much. If you're worthy of an interview then you must be a pretty good candidate- they wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to employ you just because you weren't at the info evening. However if the evening is invite only... it might serve as a good way to meet and greet *shrugs* I know the PwC info evening was where people booked their interview days.

My sister went overseas during cadetship interviews and as a result, they all had to reschedule. She still managed to get a cadetship; and IIRC one mid-tier firm offered her a job without an interview.

ishq

brown?
HSC
=candii= said:
ahaha do you remember what it feels like
aww i nv youu...i really wanna get into BAcc tooo
Read the first few pages of the thread - its exactly the same!!! Kudos to Meads! His thread is thriving :)

Do you have an interview for BAcc too? I know they're starting sometime soon.

I

icycloud

seremify007 said:
Unless you were rude about it- don't worry too much. If you're worthy of an interview then you must be a pretty good candidate- they wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to employ you just because you weren't at the info evening. However if the evening is invite only... it might serve as a good way to meet and greet *shrugs* I know the PwC info evening was where people booked their interview days.
Cool thanks for the info.

Can anyone who's been to the EY info night tell me what sorts of things they tell you about and what you do on that night? Thanks!

=candii=

HSC
ishq said:
Read the first few pages of the thread - its exactly the same!!! Kudos to Meads! His thread is thriving :)

nope havent heard from BAcc yet...i really hope i get an interview thoughh
PwC just called me 15 minutes ago aahh soo happyyy lol
:bomb:have ernst and young finished notifying people about interviews? :( i didnt get a call :(

need for advice: seremify (or nebody else) do you know about the informal morning session thing on friday 30th june? the lady said to wear school uniform even though if dont have a blazor :p or business attire...how formal are we supposed to go?

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
=candii= said:
need for advice: seremify (or nebody else) do you know about the informal morning session thing on friday 30th june? the lady said to wear school uniform even though if dont have a blazor :p or business attire...how formal are we supposed to go?
If you're talking abt PwC then I'm not sure what the "informal morning session" is. For my year (ie. 2005) we had an "Information Evening" on a Thursday night (about a week and a day after apps were due) where they told us about the firm, had a few speeches, informed us about the different LoS/industry groups, and then at the end of the night we had to put down our preferences for LoS/industry group and then they would give us our interview time slot based on those preferences. I'm guessing you guys might have an information morning rather than an evening?

Then, depending on what division you applied for, you'd come back in the morning of another day (I think mine was on the 30th June from memory) to participate in the Recruitment process (Conquest).

I think this link might be of interest to you- http://careers.au.pwc.com/hr/careerweb.nsf/docid/879BC997566117ACCA256B58000A74AE

PS. Because it was PwC, I wore the full suit :) Upto you how you wish to dress- If it were me, I'd go as professional as I could in terms of my uniform, and if I knew my uniform wasn't quite as impressive looking as I'd like to present myself, I would wear a suit. It's upto you :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ishq said:

We really should start a PwC thread next time.

sxcsn

HSC
Hi every1,

very interestign read in this thread I shall say...
Just got a call from some lady at EY (4get her name) a to tell me that ive been selected for an interview and to attend the info evening on thurs night and assessment day the following thursday 6th July... anyone else going on thurs say hi!

Regards

Sasha

=candii=

HSC
YAYYY I SCORED AN INTERVIEW FOR BACC!!!! heheh waah so happpyyy

horwath n EY also called me this arvo...impressive...3 in one day ^^

i mite see you at EY on thursday then... :wave: hi hehehe

i desperately need to go clothes shopping :( ...stoopid school assessmentz :mad1:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Do the cadets go thru the same/similar assessment day process as the vacation/graduate program?

Good luck to those of you that got through :)

ishq

brown?
HSC
haha :)
nice work candii! what day is your BAcc interview? i might be on duty on one of the days. Good Luck!

keropi

HSC
N/A
if you havent got a call to get into BAcc at uts yet, does that mean they dont want you?

sxcsn

HSC
Got a call from Champions today they wanna see me for an interview on friday, so if youve applied wif em beware they are calling... does ny1 know if PWC is still calling... or is it finished?

jessiiii

HSC
I'm going to the EY info night tomoro night, is anyone goin for their interview on monday? Or a PWC one next wednesday? I need to go shopping!!!

ashhoward

HSC
hey i got the call on friday to go next thrusday for the assessment centre. Im from newcastle but im driving down for it. Do you know anyone else going? As far as I know im the only one from the newcastle area. Apparently we get sent a package in the mail before the day from the lady at EY that i spoke to

=candii=

HSC
jessiiii said:
I'm going to the EY info night tomoro night, is anyone goin for their interview on monday? Or a PWC one next wednesday? I need to go shopping!!!
lol i got the opposite! monday = pwc and on wednesday i have the EY interview...anybody else in this situation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)