Eurovision 2012. (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
i agree, but i dont just watch it to laugh at it
I'm not saying it doesn't need to have any structure or skill involved, as evidenced by me giving Montenegro a "2" but it's as much about variety and visual creativity as it is about singing in tune and having good crescendos. For me Israel was the standout and a lot of that had to do with the sheer array of charming layers they incorporated into a fun, playful song, eg the two up the front doing the 70's dance moves, the flirting between the woman on the keyboard and the lead singer...it was just lovely.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
This show is rigged against Switzerland..
Sinplus had a great song... a really good song. It's a shame really because the second semi final was a lot weaker... and yeah.

i voted for Ireland, Russia and Iceland. And they all made it to the finals. YAY!
(it sucks that we get it screened two days late.. im not looking at who the winner is.. it might spoil it for me)

I hope either of those countries win. The russian babushkas are soo hilarious.. i have a feeling they might win.

Anyway..
HAPPY EUROVISION EVERYONE,
may the votes be ever in your favour
:)
Eurovision. To quote the great Lena: "It's the best time of the year"

I know Sebastion Tellier's performance was divine, I still remember it 4 years later!
YES!

the russian one is just a joke. If it wins then it will be the most embarrassing thing in eurovison history
True. But we all need a good novelty act. There haven't been any stand outs since Latvian Pirates in 2008.

its embarrassing that they got to the finals
If you're referring to Albania which was screaming for two and a half minutes. Yes. :p

I'm not saying it doesn't need to have any structure or skill involved, as evidenced by me giving Montenegro a "2" but it's as much about variety and visual creativity as it is about singing in tune and having good crescendos. For me Israel was the standout and a lot of that had to do with the sheer array of charming layers they incorporated into a fun, playful song, eg the two up the front doing the 70's dance moves, the flirting between the woman on the keyboard and the lead singer...it was just lovely.
You loved Israel? YES. It's my absolute favourite so far.

In terms of a novelty act, I think it trumps Russia. Russia has a gimmick, but Israel... ohh that is just, so so bad BUT SO SO GOOD

---

Anyway second semi final was a bit weak, I thought. Umm.. Sweden was pretty good. And then I couldn't figure out who to give my 8 and 10 to, because... most were not that great, imo.

I picked 9 of the 10 finalists - but Turkey? Really? I dunno, I don't get that. I'll listen to it tomorrow in the Final - maybe I'll understand or figure out what I'm missing.

Also, Nikki - Y U NO LEARN WORDS OF 'WATERLOO' :(

And Lena! I, for one, welcome whenever Lena is on screen. Even if she is talking about baby dogs, baby cats, baby horses, etc. etc. etc.

And I loved hearing Satellite. again.

thrillkiller

HSC
Eurovision Semi-Final 2 I am dissapoint. Power ballad after power ballad after power ballad...yawn. Norway was good, bulgaria, belarus, lithuania. I think that was about it that was good. Eurovision, y u not put Switzerland in semi final 2? Arghhh... anyway the interval act!!!!!! Perfection!!! Alexander Rybak <3 <3 <3 shadow what you feel for Lena, i feel for alexander. Fairytale will forever be the best song from Eurovision.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Power ballads are hit and miss. I liked Slovenia's power ballad for example... Iceland's from Semi Final 1 got a bit of taking used to, and Portugal's I didn't like.

Oh what? No I just like it when Lena's on screen because she always does something silly - but awesome at the same time. It's the good kind of crazy :p

thrillkiller

HSC
Ide remember, they all blurred into one but the only one i liked was the girl with flowers on her dress, the girl with festhers was alright. Sweden the "favourite" hmm idk it was alright. And yeah, has portugal ever submitted something good, its always the same sort of thing with them. And yeah i like Lena too haha but still alexander <3
Also, i cant get israel out of my head!!!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That's what I thought too - and then I listened to the worlds and it's like... about two lovers and I think one of them forgets who the other one is or something. There's a haunting aspect to it which is kinda cool, I think.

Also, this Eurovision is a lot better than last year's! (just had to say that)

And umm, I'm wondering what we all think of the Big 5 + Azerbaijan? I'm looking forward to the UK entry. That sounds nice.

I'm not sure why they got an Asian girl to sing for France but... hmm.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Ide remember, they all blurred into one but the only one i liked was the girl with flowers on her dress, the girl with festhers was alright. Sweden the "favourite" hmm idk it was alright. And yeah, has portugal ever submitted something good, its always the same sort of thing with them. And yeah i like Lena too haha but still alexander <3
Also, i cant get israel out of my head!!!
Girl with flowers on her dress = Slovenia. I liked that one.

Girl with feathers... no idea.

Sweden's was something new. It was interpretive dance or something. But nice song, I think.

And Portugal sent that group with placards last year... that was... interesting.

And Israel is... you know what I'm going to listen to them now :p

so... so bad... BUT SO GOOD

thrillkiller

HSC
Which one are you talking about?

UK sounds nice, dont think itll place well though. Azerbaijans also looks decent. The rest nah oh except Germany. Sounds cute, the guy is sweet but will have to wait and see the full performances

Also agreed! Pretty good eurovision this year, definately better than last year for sure, just a bit disappointed with some songs that made it through but its still all good <3

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Which one are you talking about?

UK sounds nice, dont think itll place well though. Azerbaijans also looks decent. The rest nah oh except Germany. Sounds cute, the guy is sweet but will have to wait and see the full performances

Also agreed! Pretty good eurovision this year, definately better than last year for sure, just a bit disappointed with some songs that made it through but its still all good <3
The one that's so bad it's good? Israel.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow night. Staging is also important.

I'll go on my mandatory media and internet blackout tomorrow - so I won't spoil it for myself. This could possibly be the first Eurovision in which I don't spoil any result for myself! =D

thrillkiller

HSC
Its gonna be hard seeing as they are broadcasting it on turkish tv at 5 tmro morning. Should i stay up and watch ? Even if i dont my family will know and i will end up finding out somehow

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I'm using tomorrow as an excuse to Basement Asian it up and study for a good portion of the day. Then I'm going over to meet my school friends - some of them - to watch the Final together!

So for you, maybe just... study or something :p

But uhh, 5am? I'd sleep. Just set an alarm if you want to watch it then. pls dont ruin the result for me

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So you'll be watching it live... okay.

Well, have fun. Don't text me who won, okay? :p

because if you do.. this will be my face: =(

and that's not nice

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well if Turkey wins you might be so ecstatic you text everyone going YES! WE WON! or something

:p

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I mean u might be biased :p

How was turkey's performance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)