• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ex love (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
why do people still love/like/lust their exes?

i still kinda like one of mine, i dont know why though, but its an on-off thing of liking him and hating him.

so yer.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Depends... if you still like them after a longish time there's something wrong...

If it's a breakup situation, dumping someone yet still loving them is stupid... but if you're the dumpee it makes sense, at least out to a couple months after the breakup (depending on the deepness of the relationship).

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I don't want anything to do with any of my exs.

Appearance-wise, they are somewhat below average, so I definitely wouldn't be lusting for them.

What attracts me is mainly personality, but seeing as they didn't have very likeable personalities - I'm not being deliberately bitchy - I guess I was just immature and blind.

My first ex was actually a nice, decent person who was also very smart. I admit that in that relationship, I was the dickhead. But I was very young... what can you expect? :rolleyes:

Lennie

Because you were attracted to them for a reason.

They have a quality you like, and usually its hard to escape.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'm the same as Dreamerish, I have no interest whatsoever in remaining friends with my ex. He was at my house the other week, talking to my parents out on the street. I said 'hi", but was with a friend who I took straight up to my flat. Mum said he looked hurt because I ignored him basically, but everytime I see him, and I'll smile or try and be nice and he treats me like shit.... I'm not going to be polite on his terms.

I'm so, so happy with my life and relationship. To me, ex's are ex's for a reason, and if you're supposed to get back together eventually then you wouldnt have any feelings of anger or similar towards them... I was so young, and we were together for so long, and it just got boring.

But mmm_sofay, I guess I can kinda see how you'd be feeling if your ex was still attractive to you... but mine is not.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
my main ex i despise with every fibre of my being.
i wish i was still friends with the other one though... but i dont have any lust for either

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
MaryJane said:
I'm the same as Dreamerish, I have no interest whatsoever in remaining friends with my ex. He was at my house the other week, talking to my parents out on the street. I said 'hi", but was with a friend who I took straight up to my flat. Mum said he looked hurt because I ignored him basically, but everytime I see him, and I'll smile or try and be nice and he treats me like shit.... I'm not going to be polite on his terms.

I'm so, so happy with my life and relationship. To me, ex's are ex's for a reason, and if you're supposed to get back together eventually then you wouldnt have any feelings of anger or similar towards them... I was so young, and we were together for so long, and it just got boring.

But mmm_sofay, I guess I can kinda see how you'd be feeling if your ex was still attractive to you... but mine is not.
but my ex isnt attractive.
his just really warm and gives the greatest hugs ever.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
first: hate his guts and would NEVER get back with him!!!

2nd: nice guy, still mates but i wouldnt get back with him

3rd: ditto..and even if i wanted to get back to him, he hasnt talked to me since we broke up (despite us agreeing beforehand that we'd stay mates no matter what). meh, it was just a 2wk fling..fun while it lasted, but i dont really care about him anymore

this_girl

HSC
I still love my 1st ex, but only as a friend. Probably because he was the first guy I ever loved and you don't really forget those do you?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:

Haha, oh dear, spiteful little devil you are :p Remind me never to get on your bad side

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I don't want anything to do with any of my exs.

Appearance-wise, they are somewhat below average, so I definitely wouldn't be lusting for them.

What attracts me is mainly personality, but seeing as they didn't have very likeable personalities - I'm not being deliberately bitchy - I guess I was just immature and blind.
yeah, don't worry.. you don't have to try!

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
it's funny.. i do still care for my ex even altho we are not friends anymore.. it's like if there's 30 people in the room, the first i will notice is her..

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Maybe you just care for him?? Not necessarily love/lust him.
i never really cared for him.
i laughed when he got his drink spiked and passed out in the middle of the harp and had to go to hospital.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I find it incredibly difficult to 'let go' of a person, so to speak. So much so that often I end up pushing them away even further because of what they perceive as a clingyness. Ahhh I'm just a sentimental creature. Can't help it.

Toiletbrush

HSC
I still think about my ex sometimes, usually in a good way. But whenever I talk to her she reminds me that she's a bi@ch. Even though we promised to be friends after she treats me like shyt now and won't even say hi to me on the street, yet when I do get her to talk to me she maintains a pretense of politeness. Still even so, sometimes it's hard to let go of a person completely. When they were once really that important to you, and such a big part of your life, hard for all of that emotion to completely go away, it just gets buried deep down. Note: and she isn't even attractive >_<

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
EnterNameHere said:
Because you were attracted to them for a reason.

They have a quality you like, and usually its hard to escape.
I think thats quite spot on.

It could also be that you might find yourself regretting your decisions. With time people do change, for better and for worse. You may believe that there is an oppurtunity that still exists for you and your ex.

It would also depend who broke up with who. Obviously if you were dumped the feeling is natural but then again it depends on the terms of the breakup.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Bleh, my last ex... no way.
We were both at a party last week and he got really drunk and horrible and started being all "I miss you, are you avoiding me???" etc., but in a really passive-aggressive drunk way. I was like "uhm, no I'm here talking to you right now, thus I am not avoiding you. And I'm sorry you miss me. But it's over." And he made things all fucked up and weird, and now I AM avoiding him. Lucky me, we hang out with the same group of people, and go to uni together. Egh.
Going out with him was such a mistake, I wasn't even sure when I said yes to him. So no, nothing happening on that front.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
glitter burns said:
Going out with him was such a mistake, I wasn't even sure when I said yes to him.
Thats a mistake right there.

I mean if your unsure theres no harm to reason with someone. If your able to negotiate a relationship whereby your partner understands that your unsure and you don't want to progress further (for whatever reason) than you have a better chance of developing a stronger bond with your partner.

rumour

HSC
My last ex, I like as a friend. But no I don't have any feelings for him!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)