Ext. 2 Maths Summer Seminar Series (1 Viewer)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad

http://www.facebook.com/events/391562247594830/

For any and all budding 2012-13 Maths Extension 2 students, here is your chance to get ahead in your studies!

Currently in your Maths Extension 2 class?
Want a sneak peek at future topics, or just want to solidify your current understanding?
Sick of studying at home and want to learn in a classroom-style environment for free?

UNSW's MathSoc is proud to present the first ever Summer Seminar Series. Though not really a series of seminars - mathematics majors from UNSW will go through and present the Maths Extension 2 course in a classroom-style environment. They will introduce and explain the content and material in a clear, easy-to-understand manner - in a relaxed environment (so please don't hesitate to ask questions!) - before going through simple examples and then leaving you to complete a few questions by yourselves (with us on hand to answer any queries you may have).

Held at the home of Mathematics at UNSW, the Red Centre, it'll be three hours a day (with breaks!) from 10am to 1pm, every day from Monday January 7, 2013 to Friday January 11, 2013. Different topics will be explored each day - and the best part is, it's completely free!

Each of the tutors who will be taking the class has had extensive private tutoring experience (in fact, one of our tutors actually works for the university!), and members of the MathSoc executive group (as maths majors themselves) will be on-hand to answer questions not only about the material, but also about studying mathematics at university level, if that's something you're interested in.

Registration is essential, as places are limited - to register go here: http://www.unswmathsoc.com/ext-2-maths-summer/ , and follow the links.

Please note that the topics for each day will depend on demand - and you will be contacted of the final topic listing before the event starts.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here - or PM me privately.

Oh, and later on in 2013, be sure to look out for more UNSW MathSoc events pertaining to you - including our extremely successful Tips and Tricks seminar at Open Day, which will be much more polished in its second year!

tl;dr Poster link: http://i.imgur.com/kw1Hw.png

Attachments

Last edited:

kazemagic

HSC
nice
will it be suitable for students who havent started the 4u course yet but undertaking the 3u course atm?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
nice
will it be suitable for students who havent started the 4u course yet but undertaking the 3u course atm?
Certainly. These classes will give you a good idea of the 4U content. Hope to see you there!

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Hey can I register if I'm going to miss the first days? I'll return to australia like 9th January from my overseas trip but I'd feel guilty over taking someone else's spot, but I really want to go haha. Anyone else goings.
Edit: nvm I read the form :)l it's great to have this opportunity :)

Last edited:

99 plus

HSC
how will I find the place? I can find UNSW but would there then be guides as to how to find that red center place?

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Hey I was wondering If I could leave early at around 12-12:30 each lecture? Because I have other commitments during that week

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey can I register if I'm going to miss the first days? I'll return to australia like 9th January from my overseas trip but I'd feel guilty over taking someone else's spot, but I really want to go haha. Anyone else goings.
Edit: nvm I read the form :)l it's great to have this opportunity :)
See you there! :)

Will you guys do another next yr as well? XD
Not sure, we'll see.

how will I find the place? I can find UNSW but would there then be guides as to how to find that red center place?
It's the big orangey/red (Red Centre) building, look for a sign that says 'School of Mathematics and Statistics Wing'. There should be a few directories on campus.

Hey I was wondering If I could leave early at around 12-12:30 each lecture? Because I have other commitments during that week
That should be fine. See you there :)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
3554293.jpg
Go up the main walkway and you'll see this building - can't miss it.

Entrance here:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)