Ext 2 Maths??? (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by wrx
Sorry :) hmm prob cos u had a pic of a guy in ur avatar b4
it was john mayer :( why the hell would a guy put a pic of himself in his av :rolleyes: (points at calculon) :p
Originally posted by wrx
btw ur repeating 4u rite??? What did u get for it last yr?
indeedy i am :) what did i get? lets say not enough to keep ;)
Originally posted by Calculon
OMFG how could you think Kimmeh was a he???
doesnt kimmeh sound like a girls name? ie. kimmy, kimmie, kim ? :confused:
SHE hasn't told me HER exact mark, but I know that SHE stuffed it baaaaaad. Ok I'll stop now...
:uhhuh: well, you'd be shocked too if you heard it ;)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
We wouldn't. It's not like anyone was expecting you to get over 70. ;) :p

(Did I choose a safe/low enough number? :D)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
doesnt kimmeh sound like a girls name? ie. kimmy, kimmie, kim ?
How do you pronouce your name?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Estel
We wouldn't. It's not like anyone was expecting you to get over 70. ;) :p

(Did I choose a safe/low enough number? :D)
poeple in my class got 96 and 95 respectively that were in my grade. But i can understand that, they came first and second ;) but mehh i'm not going to say still.
How do you pronouce your name?
kimmeh ?

wetten

how much is Ext 2 a step up from ext 1. is the work load a whole lot more only for 1 extra unit???

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
well its like a whole new subejct if you want to think of this that way. there are brand new concepts that you get assesed on that isnt in 3 unit, though it requires 3 unit advanced capability to be game enough to do 4 unit. it takes 3 unit work further. work load? i think this has been mentioned before, but it depends on you as a person. some poeple may only need half an hour each night, others 2 hours.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by JamiL
is it possible 2 do well in Ext 2 mathermatics if u do not have a tutor or would it be high reommended that a tutor is hired...
and how time consuming is it????

i did both ext 2 eng and ext 2 maths. i found extenion 2 english was v time consuming cuz my major work was huge. and with ext 2 maths, it is v important to do the work and not to fall behind, otherwise you will be screwed.

i had a tutor for both subjects and i found ext 2 maths tutor wasnt that neccessary, but the ext 2 english tutor helped me imensley.

This is because ext 2 english is very open, and i had no idea what was a good major project or a bad one. had no idea how to do a successful proposal, no idea how to do a good reflection, and the reflection is AS important as the major work itself. Pplz often leave their reflection till last, but you really should update it along the way, and it is essentially the most important piece as it acts like a key to your major work, it lends some insight into ur purpose, your reading and your meaning of the major work. So i guess my tutor was tops, he shoed me the right road and gave me plenty of motivation.

Originally posted by wetten
how much is Ext 2 a step up from ext 1. is the work load a whole lot more only for 1 extra unit???
yeah i say so. esp with the vairous assessments you have to do. However, i enjoyed it more than ext 1 english, having said that, i luved english, it was onli Mod B that shitted me cuz we had to the speeches and we have to memorise all of the speeches.

Last edited:

jaspreet

jasz
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *girl04*
dude 3 to 4 hours per day lol, if u did that 4 every subject. *shudders*
Yeh, personally I use a hyperbolic time chamber. That way, I can easily fit in lets see, 6 x 4, 24 + 12 (sleeptime:D ), 36 + 4 (all work, no food, no play, Jack dull boy, etc. etc.)

40 hours a day, no probs...

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i think it sould be like 30min per 2 units a night (ext 2 nething count as 4u not 2 :), even thou in maths it is only 2)
so if u do 10 units 5hr a night... if u do 16 goodluck... i think 13 is
Weekdays
good that is 6 1/2hr night.
so timetable..
back from school 4.
eat 4-4:30
start studi 4:30-11pm
bed 11pm
Weekends
Sat fit 4hr of studi somwhere
sun fit 4hr of studi somwhere

in theory its good but its ussualy like
get hom 4
eat 4-5:30
Wotch Tv 5:30-7:30
Start studi 7:30
computer 7:31-9
start studi again 9
bed 9:30

haejin

"legally" yr 11 prelim students cant start 2 unit maths at school, and are thouroughly discouraged to learn it in advance..hahah...i dont see james ruse obeying, damn them!

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
wot are u talking about??? are u trying 2 say that u cant start the prelim 2u course in yr 10? or what cos i no a kid that sat 4 his HSC 4 maths 2u in yr 8, yr 9 3u, n yr10 4u, he got 100% in 2unit, 100% in 3u and 99% in 4u. i dont know him personly but my principle told me this story

mojako

HSC
Originally posted by JamiL
is it possible 2 do well in Ext 2 mathermatics if u do not have a tutor or would it be high reommended that a tutor is hired...
and how time consuming is it????
Yes it is possible if you qualify either of these:
1. you don't work much at all but you are exceptionally bright at mathematics. indication: you can solve complex problems, which almost everyone else in your class can't, very quickly and easily; you can finish most assessment paper within half of the allocated period
2. you aren't exceptionally smart (but not dumb either) but are prepared to do a lot of work, maybe 4 hours a week minimum (exc. class time) for homework or additional exercise as you wish, for the 4U content alone.

stargaze

HSC
truly-in-bliss out of interest how did u end up going UAI-wise?
And really how much work/preparation/study did u have to do for the respective extension 1 & 2s?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)