Extracurricular, volunteering and work experience ideas?! (1 Viewer)

taymccarthy

HSC
In a couple of weeks I’ll be going into year 11 and i wanna make a change this year as in the past i have never participated that much in anything outside of the typical school stuff though this year I really wanna change to help out my community and work towards my goal of getting into usyd bach of veterinary/dvm and hopefully also applying for e12. oh and i plan to run for school captain also. So does anyone have any tips or ideas on some extracurricular things i could begin doing or volunteering or work experience involving animals. tysm for any suggestions!

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
In a couple of weeks I’ll be going into year 11 and i wanna make a change this year as in the past i have never participated that much in anything outside of the typical school stuff though this year I really wanna change to help out my community and work towards my goal of getting into usyd bach of veterinary/dvm and hopefully also applying for e12. oh and i plan to run for school captain also. So does anyone have any tips or ideas on some extracurricular things i could begin doing or volunteering or work experience involving animals. tysm for any suggestions!
I'm not very knowledgable on anything to do with animal care but I can give you some other suggestions for volunteering. Although my suggestion is within school, I think a good way to help out the community is through the school representative council (SRC) if you have one. SRC's usually end up running the fundraising events in schools which collect substantial amounts of money to use on both the school community and the general public (e.g. for homeless people). I'm sure that through this you may be able to find an issue you're passionate about in regards to animals and perhaps others within the council may help you start up a fundraiser for that said issue if you address it well to the whole group. Just a thought

jojosiwa123

HSC
if you're over 16 u can volunteer at vinnies, im pretty sure u can get involved w helping out refugee families. also call your local animal shelter to see if they need any volunteers- a good idea would be to raise money for them at your school and buy toys etc if you can't volunteer. getting e12 isn't that hard just be consistent with what you do and do a variety including getting involved in your SRC or debate or sporting clubs

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
When you turn 18 donating blood/plasma is a good thing to do.

It used to be 16 but seems they have changed it.

Join your local Rotaract club https://rotaract.org.au/
"Rotaract is a global organisation that empowers students and young professionals to create positive and lasting change in themselves, their local community and around the world."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)