failing the HSC (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
isnt there a rule that says u have to be there (i mean at school) for at least 80% of the time? otherwise u get an unsatisfactory attendance record and that could disqualify u from getting the HSC (which is technically failing it .lol)

aud

HSC
Yea, it's possibly - but it's up to the school's discretion at the level of absences you're allowed - my school is 85%, which means we can only miss 3 Extension periods or 8 2U periods... but schools range from about 70% - 85%... and if you fall below that level, it starts the U letter system... which will probably end in an N Grade... which means you fail the course... so if it's English, you fail HSC, and if you only do 10 Units, you fail HSC, etc.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
At ours its 80% of total attendance, and 80% of each class.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Depending on the school you have to be there a certain amount of time. So I think you might have to turn up to classes and just study in them, just ignore whatever the teachers say ;)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Lateness isn't much of a problem I don't think.

abdoooo your gonna have to start going to school more, 50% is certainly not good enough.

But they should give you a warning that you are going to get unsatisfactory if you are approaching it soon...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
One guy at our school was away a lot and the deputy told him that if he has one more absence then his HSC is at stake.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
80%? where did you see that? im away about 50% of the time... this is bad.
Your screwed, i was away about 15 days out of the whole year... lol

Is very gay how our school considers anyone arriving after 10am is half day absent, especially when i have a free period for the 1st period and sign in 5 minutes late... lol remember the old days

stareathesun

i'm a chick i'm a chick i'm a chick i'm a chick i'
We already have people at our school that have failed the HSC because they havent been there enough...
I think if you away for medical reasons, they dont count that time, like in year 10 when it was too painful to walk on my knee, I had to stay home, so they didnt count that time...
So they must do it in year 10 as well.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
Your screwed, i was away about 15 days out of the whole year... lol

Is very gay how our school considers anyone arriving after 10am is half day absent, especially when i have a free period for the 1st period and sign in 5 minutes late... lol remember the old days

Its a bit different at my school. Most people have 4 subjects so we have a lot of periods of one subject a week. If they arrive late 3 times a week and turn up an hour late when we have 3 periods of bio in the morning - thats 3 hours of bio gone.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
its tied in with the minimum "face to face" hours that are linked with the various stages/courses
eg stage 5 (yr 9/10) has between 200 and 400 (??) mandatory hours across the 2 years. Thats why you had more maths and english than your other subjects in stage 5.
The hours exist in the HSC (it should be in the front of each subjects syllabus and at the back in the assessment section as well) hence the "failure rate" re unexplained/unjustified absences. Schools have to really justify their hours and yours every year to the BOS so its not really a matter of schools being pains in the butt for the sake of it..there are legal reasons that are out of the hands of the schools (hence the whole notification procedure to give fair warning etc)

KarmaKitten

HSC
at our school, being late is recorded as a partial absence. meaning you have to hand in a note from the parents
if you dont, it shows on your report. blahblahblah

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
at our school, being late is recorded as a partial absence. meaning you have to hand in a note from the parents
Same, but at our school it shows up as a partical absence on your report anyways, even if you do hand a note in.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
lol. same here again... i had like 35 partials for year11 and 50 whole days.

that adds up to 85 days... which is more than half the days in the 3 terms of year 11... how come i didn't fail???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)