failing the HSC (1 Viewer)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Xayma
So I think you might have to turn up to classes and just study in them, just ignore whatever the teachers say ;)
im off because of this reason... but i can't concentrate at school cause all the noises.

edit: oh yea and the 2 hours wasted everyday getting to and back from school. :)

Last edited:

KarmaKitten

HSC
waste or not. there are people who take longer than you to get to school and they do it.
its all about motivation
the way i see it, if you know you have a problem but dont do anything about it, you really dont have the right to complain.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
im off because of this reason... but i can't concentrate at school cause all the noises.

edit: oh yea and the 2 hours wasted everyday getting to and back from school. :)
I can understand that - but did you take about 50 days off every year since kindergarten?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
abddooo bro just go to school man; don't risk failing ur HSC; get off these forums ay?

KarmaKitten

HSC
im not mean. im just telling the truth
here you are, you know what teh problem is but you're like "2 hours of waste getting to school"
its not like you're sick, or have a really good legitimate reason

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
abdooooo...why don't you try doing the work at home (during the night or in your spare time) and using the classes as revision?

Tell the other wankers in your class to stfu, your trying to get an education.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
umm Misturi is nice... but how can i tell the teacher to shut up?

yea i do my work at home... but its not enough time compared to not going to school. i can do half the work if i don't go there and get the same results... surely the whole point of school is about getting a good education hence good marks in exams... but school is impeding me in doing that, so i don't see any reason i should go... unless if they want to fail me. :(

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
umm Misturi is nice... but how can i tell the teacher to shut up?

yea i do my work at home... but its not enough time compared to not going to school. i can do half the work if i don't go there and get the same results... surely the whole point of school is about getting a good education hence good marks in exams... but school is impeding me in doing that, so i don't see any reason i should go... unless if they want to fail me. :(
I can see your point here! Try and talk to the tecaher out of class...explain that you have noticed that he/she has been talking quite a lot and you want to learn.

In General Maths, l would go over examples and a few questions form each exercise the night before, so the next day l would know what the teacher was talking about. With biology l read over the chapter l am going to be doing the next day, same reason with maths.

Oh, your nice too :) and l hope this helps.:)

EDIT: Could you possibly explain how your teacher/s behave??

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
im late 85% of the time but i hope that doesnt count
at our school, lateness counted as half-day absences @____@
i think we were allowed maximum 30days absence? not sure.. we knew about the 80% thing, though, but yeah *shrug* i wasn't away much during yr12 anyway -__-

a lot of teachers don't bother to chase you up because they expect you're old enough to make your own decisions - the most we had was four periods a day, which meant each period = a double period = if you absent, you miss out quite a lot of work.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
a lot of teachers don't bother to chase you up because they expect you're old enough to make your own decisions - the most we had was four periods a day, which meant each period = a double period = if you absent, you miss out quite a lot of work.
Our tecahers do...its a small school so they know when someone isn't there and they expect a late note and a note signed from your parents.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I had a lot of absenses in year 11 and a lot of them randomly and magically disappeared when I went to check them...

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Misturi
EDIT: Could you possibly explain how your teacher/s behave??
umm... yea they behave like normal teachers i think. you know talk and trying to teach.

the problem is im one of them people who learn stuff by myself and already know everything, so i feel kinda weird you know like why am i here when i know everything. i should be learning stuff that i don't know... but the talking distracts me from doing my own thing in class so i talk too cause i get really bored and teachers hate me for it. :D

and yea i should really learn to work in different environments except just my room.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
umm... yea they behave like normal teachers i think. you know talk and trying to teach.

the problem is im one of them people who learn stuff by myself and already know everything, so i feel kinda weird you know like why am i here when i know everything. i should be learning stuff that i don't know... but the talking distracts me from doing my own thing in class so i talk too cause i get really bored and teachers hate me for it. :D

and yea i should really learn to work in different environments except just my room.
Different environments is good.

Why don't you ask the others in your class who want to learn (or who are in a similar situation to you) and see if they want to have a study group at the local library or something - where you do a quick revision of the work done in the week and then move ahead? Just an idea.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
to stay on the safe side, i think everyone should attend at least 4 days a week...that might be JUST enough to get you through whatever the policy of the school individually is...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
abddo man u spend lots of time on BOS: nothing wrong

but ur always complaining about ur writing speed how its all slow; well go to school; i'm sure teachers make u wrtie down stuff and ur writing speed might get faster

but yeah; u shouldn't be dodging skool that much

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
but ur always complaining about ur writing speed how its all slow; well go to school; i'm sure teachers make u wrtie down stuff and ur writing speed might get faster
good advise... but i already bought some books on handwritting... but again i can write more at home than school if i wanted to. ;)

school never!!! people like me should be rewarded for being able to study independently... saves millions... those overpaid anal teachers.

this site and other chat forums are evil...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)