Fatties have right to extra airline seat (1 Viewer)

Scissors

HSC

how many seats would this man require?

should we allow this sort of person on a plane? or should we opt to transport him from A -> B via ship?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
Should we give extra welfare to gambling addicts?
That's a good argument that I finding difficult to argue against. I guess I feel sorry for them. My argument would probably be that it doesn't disadvantage anyone else so why should you care? Everyone should have to pay the same amount to go somewhere no matter how much they weigh. Would you agree to anorexic people or smaller people have to pay less? They take up a smaller space than you. Why don't we just correspond how much people weigh to how much they pay? That would be stupid - don't you think?

banco55

HSC
Rockyroad said:
That's a good argument that I finding difficult to argue against. I guess I feel sorry for them. My argument would probably be that it doesn't disadvantage anyone else so why should you care? Everyone should have to pay the same amount to go somewhere no matter how much they weigh. Would you agree to anorexic people or smaller people have to pay less? They take up a smaller space than you. Why don't we just correspond how much people weigh to how much they pay? That would be stupid - don't you think?
But it does disadvantage other people: conumers, people who hold airline stock etc.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Would you agree to anorexic people or smaller people have to pay less? They take up a smaller space than you. Why don't we just correspond how much people weigh to how much they pay? That would be stupid - don't you think?
If the anorexic sat two to a seat and only wanted to purchase one ticket, that'd be fine by me.

Pace_T

HSC
Rockyroad said:
of course its stupid, because they still take up a whole seat each.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Pace_T said:
of course its stupid, because they still take up a whole seat each.
It's just a hypothetical where they took up half a seat - ok. You understand what I mean - we shouldn't charge overweight people extra unless we match up ticket prices to ppl's weight for everyone. I am sure that you would be upset if you had to pay $20 more than your slightly slimmer friend right?

Last edited:

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
banco55 said:
But it does disadvantage other people: conumers, people who hold airline stock etc.
True but...sorry, I don't care about them. They have enought money already. I don't think that is what this debate is about.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Rockyroad said:
It's just a hypothetical where they took up half a seat - ok. You understand what I mean - we shouldn't charge overweight people extra unless we match up ticket prices to ppl's weight for everyone. I am sure that you would be upset if you had to pay $20 more than your slightly slimmer friend right?
That's a load of shit, because there is a difference being 20kg heavier than the average person, compared with 120kg heavier than the average person.

One of these things is not like the other one.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
But it's not that big a deal about the cost of the other seat being socialized because how many people are so fat they require another seat anyway?
It wouldn't jack up prices significantly.

JaredR said:
Make bigger seats so that everyone benefits from more room and not just obese people. This is a disgrace.
Another great idea from JaredR. The only problem is that with bigger seats for everyone there is a smaller amount of seats so prices would rise.

Being so heavily pro-jew you should know all about cost cutting..

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
One more victory for equality

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
katie tully said:
Equality would be giving me a free seat because I weigh less than a fatties thigh.
But what of the thunder thigh? As long as you have a seat and they have a seat, there is equality
total BS

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Firstly, people who hold airline stock are not necessarily rich. Many are ordinary people who are invested through super funds,.

It also has very little effect on the stockholders anyway. Nearly all of the cost is passed on to consumers.

So everyone else has to pay more for the fatties.
I don't think it would make much difference. And that is my point anyway - equality for all.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Iron said:
But what of the thunder thigh? As long as you have a seat and they have a seat, there is equality
total BS
But they're getting 2 seats for the price of one.

What if I wanted an extra seat to put stuff on, can I get it for free?

Juvenile yes, but the point remains. It's not equality. Lose some weight, if you take up 2 seats because you've allowed yourself to become grossly obese, then sorry, but I don't want to pay the shortfall coz the airline needs to recoup its losses some how.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
That's a load of shit, because there is a difference being 20kg heavier than the average person, compared with 120kg heavier than the average person.

One of these things is not like the other one.
It is EXACTLY the same thing - just to a smaller degree. It is exactly the same concept - more space you take up = more you have to pay.
I did not change that.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Rockyroad said:
It is EXACTLY the same thing - just to a smaller degree. It is exactly the same concept - more space you take up = more you have to pay.
I did not change that.
It's not the same concept you tard.

There is a difference between being slightly heavier than the average person, but still fitting in a normal seat, compared with somebody who is so fat they require 2 seats. One of them isn't normal.

Soon it'll be everything else and the fattie corporation will be like 'I don't need to lose weight, society will just make bigger door frames loal'

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol we already pay the shortfall through medicare anyway. But this is crazy. Airline and gvt wont touch it probably because it would signal that certain people have less human rights than others. Racial discrimination>sex discrimination>sexuality discrimination>health discrimination>intelligence discrimination etc

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Katie, do u think that disabled people should an extra free seat?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Iron said:
lol we already pay the shortfall through medicare anyway. But this is crazy. Airline and gvt wont touch it probably because it would signal that certain people have less human rights than others. Racial discrimination>sex discrimination>sexuality discrimination>health discrimination>intelligence discrimination etc
:burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)