Favourite Character? (2 Viewers)

Demandred

HSC
Demandred - WoT, probably the best forskan out of them all, I am betting he'd live longer than Moridin.

Shane Schofield - Got to admire his ability to take out hundreds of men when everything stack up against him.

Lord Henry - From picture of Dorian gray, very very witty.

Sulla - Master of Rome series book 1, its hard to describe, but those who read it would know :)

List goes on and on....

BTW what did you people find so interested in Obernewtyn series? I simply can't find anything special :/

Last edited:

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by braad
ummm wots his name from to kill a mockingbird...the dad guy, n um the guy which gregory peck plays, that guy....
Atticus Finch, a fine, upstanding character. (I believe that he was also voted 'Greatest Hero' in a recent AFI survey.)

m1nx

HSC
Originally posted by Demandred
definitely my favorite character in ALL the books i've ever read by far :D

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Demandred
Yeah.. Most of Wilde's characters are very witty.. The Importance Of Being Earnest is hillarious.

Jack-[Shaking his head] Dead!
Chasuble-Your brother Ernest dead?
Jack-Quite dead.
Miss Prism-What a lesson for him! I trust he will profit by it.

:D

Bojy

Best character i've come across is Peekay from Bryce Courtney's The Power of One. He is an inspiration, the way he lived and died. The best feature was being able to watch him grow from a small unstable boy into a mature adult, that was very powerful.

Also a fan of Zaphod from Hitchhikers Guide, that guy is pure class.

JazzaT

well, obviously no-one here is good at picking books, because otherwise you would've read MATTHEW REILLY, and the scarecrow series... so... my fav character is... scarecrow, otherwise known as, as Demandred would know, Shane Schofield... also, Mother in those books, aswell as both the central characters in Bryce Courtney's "Matthew Flinders Cat".

Oh, but anyone who has read "The Australians" Series by William Stuart Long, will realise JENNY TAGGART is the BEST character of all time... why there are no movies of these books is uncomprehensible!

Last edited:

CRR

philip marlowe from any book by Raymond Chandellar, his work is great.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Oh another good character is Bridget Jones. She is so many women rolled into one.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon......LoLz
shes just hawwwwwtt!!!!!!!
I do believe we're talking about book characters. Retarded comics like that just don't count.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I will have to add Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's to the list, finally got around to reading it and I wasn't at all disappointed. Better than the movie IMHO, but the movie was great too.

J

jhakka

Argonaut said:
My favourites are Aloysius Knight and Shane Schofield from Matthew Reilly's Scarecrow Trilogy, purely because Knight's the darker twin of the Schofield. He fights for himself instead of his country and he has been known to kill in cold blood, but he's basically a good guy who does bad things. Plus, he has an eye disorder to match the hero's and gets around in his personal, unmarked black Russian jet fighter. Schofield is awesome because although he can leap off ice cliffs and blow up jet fighters likeit's second nature, he's very obviously human, somehting I don't think the author intended to have play a major role but is actually pretty good.
Schofield rocks. I've only read Ice Station, but he's an awesome character.

_Amie_

HSC
Hmmm I've never really thought about it...whoever mentioned The Real Inspector Hound was right. Magnus is my favourite, and Moon of course. Catch 22: I love Orr, and Major Major.
Stephanie Plum, from the Janet Evanovich novels is a legend, and Ranger is pretty awesome too. Who else? I can't think.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Whoa, favourite characters. Here we go:

=Atticus Finch, to Kill a Mockingbird
=McMurphy, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest
=Thom Merrilin, The Wheel of Time

I'll post more. I just realised I can't think of any more. If we're talking movie characters also, well, I've got a bundle.

dancegal

HSC
SO many, but two that stand out:

- josie alibrandi
- justine o'neil from The Thorn Birds. out of interest, has anyone here read the thorn birds? i know its like meant to be an old ppls book and everyone always disses it as trashy romance but i read it wen exams finished and omg its really incredible...really bleak but awesome

saves.the.day

HSC
Atticus from To Kill a Mocking bird written by Harper Lee. Close second is Frank Mc Court from Angela's Ashes written by the same man.

tendays

ickle firstie
HSC
fungusbeatle said:
and scarlett o'hara from gone with the wind are two of my favourite characters.
I've never read the book Gone With the Wind, but we watched the movie in modern history, and our class collectively decided that none of us would have any second thoughts about pusdhing that woman and her whiney voice down a flight of stairs.
But, differences aside, mine are as follows:
John Barton- Looking for Alibrandi
Percy Weasley- Harry Potter (still hideously in denial over him turning into a prat I have a love hate relationship with)
Dorian Grey- The Picture of Dorian Grey
Iago-Othello (in that vile, "I really hate you" sort of way.)

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Desdemona from Middlesex
Neville from Harry Potter
MG from Girl, Interrupted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)