Final Works 2006 (1 Viewer)

alyse

HSC
hello!
wow your works sound awesome!!'handed mine in on monday, getting marked tomoro!!! sux so much that we dont find out the mark, but my teacher told me somethin bout ringing the board of studies after the HSC, and they can tell u the mark!! hope so! it'll kill me to never find out!!

i designed a haute couture gown, pretty happy with it, soooo glad its all finished and handed up, its been the hugest time consumer!!!

goodluck everyone!
alyse:)

Jeza

HSC
Thanx Champ! Show us urs .
Yeh man, how else wood you do it. Its just the result of ages of fotoshop. I had to take the fotos it wood of been impossible to get a whole program together without it. It was really embarrissing taking the fotos though, I had to stand on the handles of the elavator to take some of the fotos and ppl walked in on me and were like WTF! so embarrising. The manager walked in an told me to leave so we snuck back later. The girl is 1 of my good m8s from drama (luv ya Bianca1).
\

Note: in the yellow page of the program yu can see my shoe on the bottom right hand corner of the image.

Post yyrs butterfly xxx did yu do top girls.
And as for the program i used what do yu meen? do yu meen what size, each page is A4. WB jeza wants to see yrs 2 lol.

Best of LUK to every1, specially those who didnt spend more than 200$ to get theirs printed (arghhhhh! rich kids!)

butterflyxx

HSC
I was gonna do Top Girls. But after performing my teacher suggested i do Performance so i did performance for IP. But i went to the production of Top Girls and it was like sooooo goooooooooooood!

Your IP looks so professional! Good job =D

I liked the others as well... i reckon everyone's so creative in their own way it's so cool looking at the final works =D

Jeza

HSC
awwwwwe thanx ; ). Yeh I really wanted to do performance but ye no, I'm wanna those ppl who thinks so many factors can screw yu up on the day, yeh to risky for me. But anyway thats awesome. I wish I could see every1s IP cos not always the best get into onstage. I love goin to onstage cept apparently the selecting system is corrupt like newtown perf arts has to have some 1 get every year. Anyways what did yu get 4 yr trial 4 ur monologue?

butterflyxx

HSC
Jeza said:
awwwwwe thanx ; ). Yeh I really wanted to do performance but ye no, I'm wanna those ppl who thinks so many factors can screw yu up on the day, yeh to risky for me. But anyway thats awesome. I wish I could see every1s IP cos not always the best get into onstage. I love goin to onstage cept apparently the selecting system is corrupt like newtown perf arts has to have some 1 get every year. Anyways what did yu get 4 yr trial 4 ur monologue?
OMG yeh Newtown has a garunteed spot becos they're a 'Performing Arts' school -.-" and MLC too. We were saying how maybe they paid to get in haha but i don't think so. Well i hope not. Sorry if i offend anyone.

I was attacking my teacher to tell me my trial mark for my performance but he wouldn't tell me! Dammit but he said i did well. So o_O i dunno. I'm gonna attack him more even tho it's over =]

kristie87

HSC
Jeza said:
Thanks Christie. Wouldn't have been able to do it without out all your great advice. Seriously looking at your poster of 12th night made me realise just exactly what the standard is. PS did yu understand my concepts, its all about female liberation in the workplace.

Note: in the image with the yellow color you can see my foot lol. yu try taking a photo of yr friend in the elavator its impossible!!!!
Yeah, I totally understood your concepts ... so awesome - I swear, if you don't get into Onstage, or a nomination at least, there is something wrong with those markers and their retarded standards.
You'd make such a great graphic designer - I'm completely flabbergasted - it's so clean cut and professional, hard edged. Damn it's so awesome.

alyse

HSC
WOOHOOo
my MDP got selected for consideration to be exhibited in the powerhouse museum and taken on tour round nsw!!! so awesome!!
be reward for all the work on it!

a l y s e

Jeza

HSC
kristie87 said:
Yeah, I totally understood your concepts ... so awesome - I swear, if you don't get into Onstage, or a nomination at least, there is something wrong with those markers and their retarded standards.
You'd make such a great graphic designer - I'm completely flabbergasted - it's so clean cut and professional, hard edged. Damn it's so awesome.
Thats the thing I dunno what I wanna do when I leave skool or which course I wanna pick. Did yu do sumthn with graphic design, Ive made an application for nida and my audition will be for acting, but I really like designing as well. How did yu decide what to do? Anyways Im deferring for a year and teaching english in malaysia so I can come bak and decide . I may even audition for design at NIDA as well but at the moment alot of ppl are telling me Im to young and they wont accept me. Anyways tell me what yu did?

kristie87

HSC
Jeza said:
Thats the thing I dunno what I wanna do when I leave skool or which course I wanna pick. Did yu do sumthn with graphic design, Ive made an application for nida and my audition will be for acting, but I really like designing as well. How did yu decide what to do? Anyways Im deferring for a year and teaching english in malaysia so I can come bak and decide . I may even audition for design at NIDA as well but at the moment alot of ppl are telling me Im to young and they wont accept me. Anyways tell me what yu did?
I was actually contemplating B.Design @ NIDA, but then I decided that because it was more focused on costume and set sort of things that it wasn't really my department because I've basically known or have been interested in Graphic Design since year 9 when I started mucking round on photoshop...and by the time year 12 rolled round I was doing design jobs for people and trying to complete my HSC at the same time - lol.

But yeah, heaps of people say that they only accept those who come fresh out of highschool at NIDA in 'exceptional' circumstances - so that was another reason why I decided it wasn't for me, as much as I love theatre and design for theatre. I did apply to a course at Charles Sturt Uni - I think it was called Design for Theatre or something, and that was more geared for what I wanted to do in regards to the theatre industry, although they wanted an audition for acting aswell, and acting was never really my forte, or so I though anyway.

But it was when I was in year 12 and doing all those jobs for people it was then that I decided I'd go to Newcastle Uni and do a Bachelor of Visual Communication Design, which is geared for advertising, corporate identity, marketing, the works of graphic design basically - so that's where I'm at now, I was lucky enough to get in, and the best thing is that I've got 30 units of general electives I can blow on Drama, so I still get to do both the things I love. So I'm majoring in Graphic Design and minoring in Production Design, mainly in the Lighting department, cos I do lighting at youth rallies and concerts and stuff - and on top of all that, I have my own Design business now... ;)

But yeah, it took me a lot of research into uni's and courses and whatnot to be where I am and what I'm doing at uni now because I wanted to make sure I was picking the right thing that'd eventually get me 'qualified' officially for what I wanted to make a career out of - but it's good you're deferring for a year, because you have lots of time to mull it all over and look into things to find out what's best for you.

I know I'm no 'professional' in the industry yet, but boy do I know you have an eye for design - I was just like WOW, that is INCREDIBLE! It's seriously the kind of standard I'd expect from a paid graphic designer in a firm - I nearly had a heart attack! lol.

Jeza

HSC
shit thats so kool !, thats given me heaps of ideas, maybe i should consider doing somethin in that field. Your own buissness? Awesome, yu no I can sorta see my self in this sorta industry, But i honestly woodnt have considered it without listening to yur experiences at yuni. Anyways, I rekn when Im in malaysia I'll take my apple laptop and continue refining my designing skills, I really feel like an artist when I do it, and the best comfort is that I did all my work myself (but it took ages of experimentating). Promo program is good but bad in that no 1 can truly help yu, yu have to do it yurself . My teacher only said what was bad. But reflecting on my experiences Kris, I can sorta see myself goin down yr path. Mayb 1day we'll cross paths in the industry lol (how etch wud dat b?) anyways heres to hopin i can get into onstage and it pulls my uai up to get into a good course.

Jeza,

Northern beaches - Warriewood Sydney! (For life Bro!)

Jeza

HSC
kristie87 said:
I was actually contemplating B.Design @ NIDA, but then I decided that because it was more focused on costume and set sort of things that it wasn't really my department because I've basically known or have been interested in Graphic Design since year 9 when I started mucking round on photoshop...and by the time year 12 rolled round I was doing design jobs for people and trying to complete my HSC at the same time - lol.

But yeah, heaps of people say that they only accept those who come fresh out of highschool at NIDA in 'exceptional' circumstances - so that was another reason why I decided it wasn't for me, as much as I love theatre and design for theatre. I did apply to a course at Charles Sturt Uni - I think it was called Design for Theatre or something, and that was more geared for what I wanted to do in regards to the theatre industry, although they wanted an audition for acting aswell, and acting was never really my forte, or so I though anyway.

But it was when I was in year 12 and doing all those jobs for people it was then that I decided I'd go to Newcastle Uni and do a Bachelor of Visual Communication Design, which is geared for advertising, corporate identity, marketing, the works of graphic design basically - so that's where I'm at now, I was lucky enough to get in, and the best thing is that I've got 30 units of general electives I can blow on Drama, so I still get to do both the things I love. So I'm majoring in Graphic Design and minoring in Production Design, mainly in the Lighting department, cos I do lighting at youth rallies and concerts and stuff - and on top of all that, I have my own Design business now... ;)

But yeah, it took me a lot of research into uni's and courses and whatnot to be where I am and what I'm doing at uni now because I wanted to make sure I was picking the right thing that'd eventually get me 'qualified' officially for what I wanted to make a career out of - but it's good you're deferring for a year, because you have lots of time to mull it all over and look into things to find out what's best for you.

I know I'm no 'professional' in the industry yet, but boy do I know you have an eye for design - I was just like WOW, that is INCREDIBLE! It's seriously the kind of standard I'd expect from a paid graphic designer in a firm - I nearly had a heart attack! lol.
shit thats so kool !, thats given me heaps of ideas, maybe i should consider doing somethin in that field. Your own buissness? Awesome, yu no I can sorta see my self in this sorta industry, But i honestly woodnt have considered it without listening to yur experiences at yuni. Anyways, I rekn when Im in malaysia I'll take my apple laptop and continue refining my designing skills, I really feel like an artist when I do it, and the best comfort is that I did all my work myself (but it took ages of experimentating). Promo program is good but bad in that no 1 can truly help yu, yu have to do it yurself . My teacher only said what was bad. But reflecting on my experiences Kris, I can sorta see myself goin down yr path. Mayb 1day we'll cross paths in the industry lol (how etch wud dat b?) anyways heres to hopin i can get into onstage and it pulls my uai up to get into a good course.

Jeza,

kristie87

HSC
Jeza said:

Jeza,

Lol - I can even see you in this sort of industry and we haven't even met. But heck yeah! Keep at it, cos I reckon you have a real talent - experimenting is the real key to becoming a great designer, so you've been doin it good just through what you've done in your IP - goin at it alone shows the kind of persistence and perseverance you need.

I know what you mean about really feeling like an artist when you're doing it, I get that too - like, I just finished working on an album design and I was so engrossed in my work for that that I spent hours upon hours sitting at my laptop working on it, it was like I was in the zone and I just couldn't stop because you'd do one thing and then think of an idea that could be better and you just experiment and play around until you get what you want sitting in front of you - mind you, that was months of freaking work, but I loved every bit of it.

If you love what you do, then you truly know you're gunna make it somewhere in the long run. And I have complete faith in you, that if that's what you want to do, you could be great at it - so maybe one day we will come across each other, that'd be awesome!

Fingers crossed for you!
Kris :)

Jeza

HSC
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I GOT a group Performance nomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats all that i wanted! SCREW HSC EXAMS (not really) BUT GGAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
* jumps off cliff in excitement

jazzmuzik

HSC
i'm impressed with all your HSC submissions guys! (and ladies)
I've just started year 12 and i'm doing costume design. Although most of these works are for promotion their still great examples of the high standard and creative minds out there!
I'm currently just reading through the text list for costumes (i was considering set but no..) jeeze "jeza" you must be an all round creative spirit, group nomination too wow! congrats. I'd be interested to hear what you decide to get into later after you get back from malaysia was it..?
Atm I really want to do something in fine arts or theatre design when i leave school. I live in country nsw, and i went to the NIDA open day where i got a good tatse of things. I know everyone says its unrealistic to consider there, however i had a chat to do straight-out-of-highschool first years.. and they had positive things to say. so although i'll certainly look further its always a faint dream like possibility...

atm i'm more worried about the group task. I've a very independent/bossy/dominating kind of person and i dont do "teamwork" as well (unless i'm a leader..) so that should be a learning experience, i need to learn to have faith in other ppl and there ideas...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)