Uni Grad
Bachelor of Eshays

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm so sick of uni
I fell asleep in bio this morning lol
6am wake-ups don't agree with me. Although it's worth it, seeing the hottest guy in the world on the train.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
phoawh! move aside oj

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Bf and I comment when we see attractive people or when we find them attractive.

I think we are appreciating the beauty in the world.

red-butterfly

HSC
my first day involved me having a quiz on readings that i was apparently suppose to have although they didn't stock the readings at the union shop urgh still waiting on my order... apparently coming in next tuesday. Tuesday is when i have the quiz

glache

HSC
N/A
First day of uni was today. Though first official day of classes was Monday, and the first day I'll actually go to classes will be next Thursday (personal circumstances). Did C&S stuff and my gosh I love uni! Or more preciously, I love UNSW! (though that just might be because I'll definitely have more time to get involved than I did at USYD due to the workload of my old degree). And the (few) people I've met at UNSW seem so much nicer! Though that again might be because I was in a very closed degree where everyone knew each other, and I was just too different....imagine a friendly private schooled (Asian) girl wanting to make friends and get involved (seriously! everyone says I'm really friendly and involved), versus some bookish, cliquey Asians from (the same) selective schools and of lower socio-economic status. Not looking down on anyone, I completely respect people who haven't been as fortunate, but it's like:

Them: "where do you live?"
Me: " oh....umm.....the North Shore"
Them: "oh that's a really nice area isn't it?"
Me: "...."

Before anyone asks, I'm not saying which degree I transferred from, it's that painful just thinking the name of it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
OI U FELLOW UNSW STUDENT

say hai to me, okay? please!

Deathless

HSC
First day of uni was today. Though first official day of classes was Monday, and the first day I'll actually go to classes will be next Thursday (personal circumstances). Did C&S stuff and my gosh I love uni! Or more preciously, I love UNSW! (though that just might be because I'll definitely have more time to get involved than I did at USYD due to the workload of my old degree). And the (few) people I've met at UNSW seem so much nicer! Though that again might be because I was in a very closed degree where everyone knew each other, and I was just too different....imagine a friendly private schooled (Asian) girl wanting to make friends and get involved (seriously! everyone says I'm really friendly and involved), versus some bookish, cliquey Asians from (the same) selective schools and of lower socio-economic status. Not looking down on anyone, I completely respect people who haven't been as fortunate, but it's like:

Them: "where do you live?"
Me: " oh....umm.....the North Shore"
Them: "oh that's a really nice area isn't it?"
Me: "...."

Before anyone asks, I'm not saying which degree I transferred from, it's that painful just thinking the name of it.
LOL you have to travel from the North Shore to UNSW. 2 hour trip a day. FUN@!@

Only 20 minutes to Macquarie for me.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

Finally another Macquarie student. We're pretty scarce around here lol.

glache

HSC
N/A

Yeah I know Macquarie's right around the corner for me. Being a bit of a walking enthusiast I've walked there and back again--1.5hr walk each way (which, if you think about it, is like a 10min drive). The travelling's not that bad--same as USYD actually. It's not that short of a walk from Redfern to anywhere on campus, and that's equivalent to the length of the bus trip from Central. I've perfected the art of sleeping on the train so it's not an issue.

Plus it gives me an excuse to explore the city. I dunno, I feel I'd be still some sheltered North Shore kid there (@ Macq), if that makes sense. Just the whole grew up on North Shore, studied at North Shore, lived on North Shore, (probably will) die on North Shore :s One of my classmates was completely a Wahroonga girl inside and out--born in Wahroonga (SAN), went to primary school in Wahroonga, lived in Wahroonga....yeah.

Plus it doesn't offer the subjects and (I heard) the C&S I'm interested in.

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I just realised all my lecturers are women

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have a female maths lecturer who reminds me of my awesome Year 12 maths teacher. She put "Nice" and "Very, very nice" on the overheads. I became a fan.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I've only had one like that so far. Then again, the accent makes him more entertaining and awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)