First day at uni (1 Viewer)

fishfingerz

HSC
Some people in lectures are retarded. There was one guy today who had an iPad in front of me today. He played games on it for a while then decided he would write in Chinese on it, hold it up and wave it about until what I assume is a friend of his across the room saw it and done the same thing. Rinse and repeat several times, writing (in paint or something similar) on an Ipad in Chinese and holding it up to send a message to someone across the room. Frigging idiots they are.
LOL. In my first tute only one guy brought a laptop. It was big too, 15'4 inch. Anyways, he said he bought it the week before uni started and all he did on the tutorial was play games like pinball, minesweeper, etc for the whole hr. He said he would download more games soon. lol

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's like that for most people--certainly was for me.

Ah no wonder--there's something about lectures for sciency subjects being all clumped together isn't it? (esp something like nursing where I think you'd have nursing-specific subjects so it's not like you can schedule breaks between different lecture streams?)

Yes, all subjects are core subjects, there's only ONE elective at towards the end of the 3rd year.

Deathless

HSC
LOL. In my first tute only one guy brought a laptop. It was big too, 15'4 inch. Anyways, he said he bought it the week before uni started and all he did on the tutorial was play games like pinball, minesweeper, etc for the whole hr. He said he would download more games soon. lol
That was me!

Jokes. Was it a MBP? I just downloaded Super Smash Brothers for my MBP to play on for tommorow's lecture -_-

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I saw two paper airplanes fly across the room during the SCIF lecture this morning.

Deathless

HSC
Wow today I saw a guy checking 'how to trade shares' and he was selling some two shits on ebay for $1000 each! Also on ebay he was making some shit addresses with Shalom College as one of them, and also checking how to 'disconnect paypal'. He also chatted on facebook for almost the entire section. He used a Macbook Pro, so fuck him more!

I hate Apple for god sake because of their ridiculous prices yet (to me) rubbish things (well may look good but the specs are total shit). AND Today I saw three people one seat away, sitting together, each with the exact same Macbook Pro. I mean even if i was rich, i wouldn't buy a overpriced junk.

So other than that, I basically hate walking all the way from one end of the uni to the other end, only to find myself in a lecture thats full and the air-con not turned on.
Actually MBP's aren't bad. I've got quite a few laptops (I get new laptops every few months or so). Alienware, Dell, Acer, Asus, HP, Toshiba, MSI etc and I gotta say MBP is pretty fun and useful to use if you know how (the battery is pretty shit though). The only thing better in interface usability would only be a tablet.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
first day of uni today... surely it could not get dull dull duller

acct1501 lectuter sounds like a bitch
econ1203 lectuter is hardly audible with her french accent
and mgmt1001 we find out we have billion word essays soon

glache

HSC
N/A
Homework received on first day back at uni:
Sheets to colour in and bring back to class next week.
Not. Even. Kidding.
lol what degree is this? Sign me up if this is the kind of homework you keep getting!

Kralex

HSC
It's the degree to get a job at Maccas when you graduate. B of Arts.
dude I do BA Media and even though its not a sole B Arts degree it still is in that faculty.

I bet I have more workload then you.

A draft essay (feature article) due next friday - 1000 words
Spanish quiz next tuesday
Online essay next week
Readings EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE FML

Whoever said it was easy for a first year was full of it.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
first day: get told we have test in week 3 worth 10%
second day: get told we have another test (for another subject) in week 3 worth 7%

=[

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
The last 5 weeks of semester for me will involve weekly in-class unseen Classical Greek translations worth 10% each, on top of our regular workload of course. I'm afraid ><

bitumen

HSC
i'm sick of uni already.
today this girl approached me outside a lecture theatre and tried to make conversation etc but i felt like fainting so i gave her 1 word answers and eventually left I FEEL SO BAD, I'M GOING TO BE PLAGUED BY THOUGHTS OF THIS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. she was so nice and normal. i am honestly going to have nightmares about this.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
The last 5 weeks of semester for me will involve weekly in-class unseen Classical Greek translations worth 10% each, on top of our regular workload of course. I'm afraid ><
Shit because I didn't take up the same degree as you at MAQ I can't do ancient history honours now without doing latin units.

=( I think I'm not going to do honours anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)