First day at uni (1 Viewer)

glache

HSC
N/A
I'm excited....however, I'm skipping lectures till next week as I have a major (non-uni) exam to study for. It's exciting, being a first year all over again (transfer student here).

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
fucking traffic everywhere have to leave at goddamn 7am even though I live 10 minutes away
dickheads left right and centre for the first 4 weeks til they drop out
sluts dolled up like they're going fucking clubbing even though it's just uni and no one gives a fuck
no goddamn parking

fuck first day and first week

OxiDe

HSC
fucking traffic everywhere have to leave at goddamn 7am even though I live 10 minutes away
sluts dolled up like they're going fucking clubbing even though it's just uni and no one gives a fuck
no goddamn parking

fuck first day and first week
haha

what uni?

glache

HSC
N/A
lol. I love the first weeks of uni if only for the reason that I can play my favourite game--spot the first years. It's like the day after the census date campus magically dwindles for the rest of sem. I should hang at the top of the Basser Steps and see what the highest heels are that someone's managed to surmount those stairs with. Or laugh at the map-challenged as they point and stare around. Or dawdle near the lecture theatre doors when they're late when there's another lecture door they could enter by that's less conspicuous. Or those proudly sporting school memorabilia of all descriptions, e.g. school bag, school jersey....maybe I'll even get lucky and spot someone wearing their school uniform :rolleyes: Or those carrying 10000 textbooks around in their arms because a) they don't know better than to not purchase textbooks so soon, and b) their clubbing handbags aren't big enough.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Basser Steps = hell.

I use the ramp when I can. So much easier...

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Does anyone know when the Centrelink start-up scholarships etc. are paid?

Also, Basser steps are nothing compared to what Bowral High kids had to contend with every day.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hold on: Basser Steps = inconvenience

Stairs from Main Walkway to Scientia Building = near hell =P

glache

HSC
N/A
Hold on: Basser Steps = inconvenience

Stairs from Main Walkway to Scientia Building = near hell =P
+1. I was stuck behind a crowd of people and needed to get to the Quad asap so when I saw those stairs to Scientia building, I rejoiced at the lack of people. Was no longer rejoicing at the end of those stairs.

Jonneeh

HSC
Whats the population of unsw like?
similar to oweek? or More/Less?

etoile rouge

HSC
I'm pretty excited. I've got all my things ready for tomorrow. I've also rearranged all my new stationery for like the 2nd time. And my study table is looking pretty neat...for the meantime anyway.
Well, good luck everyone! :)

coudes

HSC
Does anyone know when the Centrelink start-up scholarships etc. are paid?
I think there are different dates for everyone. I know some people who are getting theirs in the next week; I'm getting mine in two. Call them up and they'll tell you.

fishfingerz

HSC
I'm pretty excited. I've got all my things ready for tomorrow. I've also rearranged all my new stationery for like the 2nd time. And my study table is looking pretty neat...for the meantime anyway.
Well, good luck everyone! :)
I spent like 2 hrs deciding on how best to organise my stuff, so I won't forget where things are and stuff. I've settled for a manila folder for each unit. Lol. Plus, I don't use exercise books/lecture pads. I just get loose sleave A4 sheets and a clipboard, and write all my stuff there, then put them into the folders for each unit.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I spent like 2 hrs deciding on how best to organise my stuff, so I won't forget where things are and stuff. I've settled for a manila folder for each unit. Lol. Plus, I don't use exercise books/lecture pads. I just get loose sleave A4 sheets and a clipboard, and write all my stuff there, then put them into the folders for each unit.
I have one book, and I haven't even gotten in yet. I'll probably hunt around my room and find a spare one at some point.

Last edited:

fishfingerz

HSC
I'm excited....however, I'm skipping lectures till next week as I have a major (non-uni) exam to study for. It's exciting, being a first year all over again (transfer student here).
So what/where did u transfer to? And from what?

FrozenSky

HSC
If i went to unsw/usyd instead of uts i would be much more excited :(
Neverhteless im still excited :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)