FML my sem 1 2011 timetable is a piece of shit thread (1 Viewer)

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
I am using firefox, always do. I've tried internet explorer and same story. ughhhhhhhhhhh
Should be smooth now, no lag what so ever for me atm.

@buttercreampie thats pretty fucked up, get in early still can't save you from those.

Last edited:
HSC
Best timetable I can do is 3hrs of class in total plus a 1hr break a day for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Don't wanna drive 40minutes to uni and only have a 1hr tutorial. Ridiculous!

Also, if a lecture is listed on the timetable list but is not listed on eStudent, what does that mean?

onur91

HSC
N/A
2 lectures clash. No alternate lectures available. One subject only has tutorials on Wednesdays. Another subject only has tutorials on Thursdays. WTF :(
That's messed up, MQ somehow find a way to fuck us over, year after year.

Should be smooth now, no lag what so ever for me atm.
Yeah I got in now, no lag whatsoever.

Seriously WTF is this!?! For one of my units, MKTG308, there is only 1 lecture available, and it's full! WTH do I do?!

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Also, if a lecture is listed on the timetable list but is not listed on eStudent, what does that mean?
I think timetable changed, i got one unit where on the timetable has 1 lecture but i saw 2 when selecting class.

Seriously WTF is this!?! For one of my units, MKTG308, there is only 1 lecture available, and it's full! WTH do I do?!
E-mail head admin of that unit, happend to me once.

onur91

HSC
N/A
E-mail head admin of that unit, happend to me once.
Thanks, i'll do it tomorrow.

Damn I have a shitty timetable. Mondays are 9-3 (no breaks)...Tuesday I have one tutorial at 8pm...Wednesday it's 11-1 and Thursday it's 9-11. Go die Macquarie.

Lou283

HSC
I'm the same both MKTG311 and MKTG308 have one lecture and both are full! Yet their tutorials still have spots! Something has to be wrong surely! I registered in tutorials first thinking that was my main worry. Now I have no lectures for either and my 311 tute overlaps with another lecture. Not a good semester at all!

onur91

HSC
N/A
I'm the same both MKTG311 and MKTG308 have one lecture and both are full! Yet their tutorials still have spots! Something has to be wrong surely! I registered in tutorials first thinking that was my main worry. Now I have no lectures for either and my 311 tute overlaps with another lecture. Not a good semester at all!
It's just really messed up, something has to be wrong, only explanation would be that more students enrolled than expected? This has honestly got to be my worst semester yet, seems to get worse each year for me.

HSC
I think timetable changed, i got one unit where on the timetable has 1 lecture but i saw 2 when selecting class.
*sigh*

I hope it doesn't mean that the lecture's cancelled. Otherwise it throws off my whole timetable! Damn you, Macquarie.

Lou283

HSC
It's just really messed up, something has to be wrong, only explanation would be that more students enrolled than expected? This has honestly got to be my worst semester yet, seems to get worse each year for me.
But if that was the case then all the tutes would have filled too - i mean that lec theatre holds at least 100ppl (I assume) and there is less than that in tutes. I have emailed the unit contact for both MKTG311 and MKTG308 asking whether they will be moving to bigger rooms or adding another lec. As far as I can gather they had 2 lecs last yr for 308. Tuesday night and Thursday night. They may do that again. But considering I got in the tute before the lecture I certainly hope that doesn't mean I will be stuck coming in two nights when I have nothing on during both days other than work!

onur91

HSC
N/A
But if that was the case then all the tutes would have filled too - i mean that lec theatre holds at least 100ppl (I assume) and there is less than that in tutes. I have emailed the unit contact for both MKTG311 and MKTG308 asking whether they will be moving to bigger rooms or adding another lec. As far as I can gather they had 2 lecs last yr for 308. Tuesday night and Thursday night. They may do that again. But considering I got in the tute before the lecture I certainly hope that doesn't mean I will be stuck coming in two nights when I have nothing on during both days other than work!
Hrmmm good point, the timetable says there are 6 tutorials, each with a max of 25 and that the lecture is 150. So it's all meant to fit perfectly. They better fix this soon so I can have a finalised timetable. I'm assuming they added that second lecture, last year, later on? That sucks major, hope it's fixed for all our sakes.
So you're in the 5pm tute? That one filled up rather quickly.

Btw, I need to know something regarding language units. I've heard that a language unit is a bit difficult, workload wise, but would it be much MUCH harder doing it externally? If anyone has any form of insight, it would be much appreciated.

Lou283

HSC
Hrmmm good point, the timetable says there are 6 tutorials, each with a max of 25 and that the lecture is 150. So it's all meant to fit perfectly. They better fix this soon so I can have a finalised timetable. I'm assuming they added that second lecture, last year, later on? That sucks major, hope it's fixed for all our sakes.
So you're in the 5pm tute? That one filled up rather quickly.

Btw, I need to know something regarding language units. I've heard that a language unit is a bit difficult, workload wise, but would it be much MUCH harder doing it externally? If anyone has any form of insight, it would be much appreciated.
They have added another lecture to Wednesday night . . . just super - a day I work and now making me come into university 4 days a week.

onur91

HSC
N/A
They have added another lecture to Wednesday night . . . just super - a day I work and now making me come into university 4 days a week.
Bloody bastards, I only have a lecture from 11-1 on Wednesdays :/

Odyssey2001

HSC
I'm quite happy with my first semester. In my 2nd semester though I had to have permission from the dean of faculty for some of my units, does anyone know how long they take to get back to you? And do they just say 'yes you got in' or 'no you didn't'? Thanks!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Personally, i think it would be quite difficult to study languages externally, i really do think a part of me dies every time i have to ilecture my three hour classes...

I think it would depend a lot on how you learn and whether you 'click' with language study. I really need to be face to face with my lecturer so i can ask a lot of questions and work through things with someone when i get it wrong because i find language concepts exceptionally hard to understand. If you seem to get your head around grammatical concepts fairly easily and can work through problems independently then you might be fine with external study. I know there are some externals who take my language units and they seem to do ok, though they ask tons of questions over blackboard.

I'm quite happy with my first semester. In my 2nd semester though I had to have permission from the dean of faculty for some of my units, does anyone know how long they take to get back to you? And do they just say 'yes you got in' or 'no you didn't'? Thanks!
I'm going through shit with them right now, you fill in the online form which you'll find on the faculty specific website. Unfortunately for me the unit i need permission for wasn't available for selection on the form (well done MQ) so i've been badgering people all week to update it. Finally got updated today, will take another five days before i hear back from them... luckily for me only like 4 people are taking this unit so it's not going to affect my choice of class times.

Last edited:

xsavagex

HSC
It's all good, everyone calm down!

This has happened to me every semester i've been at Mac. Just make sure you register in the wednesday lecture, but just go to the other lecture on the day you can attend. Trust me, after the first week most marketing lecture attendees drop dramatically. The only time registering in the lecture you can't attend is a problem is when they have class tests in the lecture where you have to attend the lecture you registered in. Otherwise it isn't a problem.

I went all last year without registering in lectures for 2 subjects and it's really no big deal.

xsavagex

HSC
Oh! and i forgot to post about my timetable.

Got on at 11.30 something last night and registered fairly quickly.

I only have 2 subjects left and i'm there monday 2-5 and tues 11-1 :D

onur91

HSC
N/A
Personally, i think it would be quite difficult to study languages externally, i really do think a part of me dies every time i have to ilecture my three hour classes...

I think it would depend a lot on how you learn and whether you 'click' with language study. I really need to be face to face with my lecturer so i can ask a lot of questions and work through things with someone when i get it wrong because i find language concepts exceptionally hard to understand. If you seem to get your head around grammatical concepts fairly easily and can work through problems independently then you might be fine with external study. I know there are some externals who take my language units and they seem to do ok, though they ask tons of questions over blackboard.
Well that's what I thought, I don't particularly want to do it externally but i may have to due to work commitments. Tbh, I find German a bit easier to learn because of its similarities to my main spoken language at home.
I also wanted to ask what one would be doing exactly, assessment wise. Also what would mainly be taught in the introductory class (GMN104)?

Thanks for the help.

Odyssey2001

HSC
I'm going through shit with them right now, you fill in the online form which you'll find on the faculty specific website. Unfortunately for me the unit i need permission for wasn't available for selection on the form (well done MQ) so i've been badgering people all week to update it. Finally got updated today, will take another five days before i hear back from them... luckily for me only like 4 people are taking this unit so it's not going to affect my choice of class times.
I sent the form off a week ago and I've still heard nothing which makes me nervous that they're not allowing me to do it which will really screw up my 2nd semester plans. I'll just be happy when this years over and I'll never have to go through annoying timetable/unit picking again it's always so much hassle.

Lou283

HSC
It's all good, everyone calm down!

This has happened to me every semester i've been at Mac. Just make sure you register in the wednesday lecture, but just go to the other lecture on the day you can attend. Trust me, after the first week most marketing lecture attendees drop dramatically. The only time registering in the lecture you can't attend is a problem is when they have class tests in the lecture where you have to attend the lecture you registered in. Otherwise it isn't a problem.

I went all last year without registering in lectures for 2 subjects and it's really no big deal.
Hey,

Yeh i wasn't stressing too much from doing 200lvl MKTG units last year I saw just how empty the lectures got. Luckily whilst at work yesterday I just kept refreshing the page and managed to nab a spot that became available in each of the original lecture times - someone must have preferred the new time.

My only clash now is a MKTG311 tutorial overlapping with the second half of a MKTG204 lecture but that isn't too bad. I'm gonna watch for someone pulling out but not the end of the world if I have to leave the lec early. I can always iLecture the second half.

My final timetable now is:
Monday 12 - 6
Tuesday 6 - 9
Thursday 9 - 1

I can't complain that much. no big gaps and no long days at uni although I am not sure I can concentrate at night lectures but that is the only option with that unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)