For those prospective UNSW students who just got their ATARs (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Since the Science course at UNSW offers some of the majors I'm interested in (ones that I would've found myself studying through Med science), I'm considering just doing it and hopefully trying to apply for an internal transfer. If I even can, it would save the trouble of adjusting to a whole new university and whatnot.
As D94 said internal transfers are much easier, if UNSW is what you want then i'd reccomend doing science there and just picking Med Sci subjects until you can transfer.

asdfqwerty

HSC
What about early Jan offers? Is it only released for some specific courses? I wanna know if I have to wait for Main Round to see if I got into Med Science or not.

D94

HSC
N/A
What about early Jan offers? Is it only released for some specific courses? I wanna know if I have to wait for Main Round to see if I got into Med Science or not.
It's only for specific courses, some might require an interview, others might require a portfolio, extra forms to fill out etc. You are most likely in the Main Round of offers. If applied straight to UAC, applied for a course with no extra requirements, then you're in the Main Round.

asdfqwerty

HSC
Is it risky if I only have Med Science as my only preference? Because it's the course that I only want to do. My ATAR passes the cut-off (which is 95.1) and I'm sure that it will exceed 2013's cut-offs if it's higher.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it risky if I only have Med Science as my only preference? Because it's the course that I only want to do. My ATAR passes the cut-off (which is 95.1) and I'm sure that it will exceed 2013's cut-offs if it's higher.
Not that risky since ATAR passed cut-off.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
wow why are the law lectures so small? are students meant to discuss/provide input or something?
Because we dont have tutorials :D Our lecturers are our tutorials making them compulsory to attend. The only "tutorial" is the research tutorial in LAWS1052. After that there is no such thing as tutorials at UNSW Law as far as I know.

Last edited:

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Just got the offer to petroleum engineering today (im an international student)
See u guys next year !!! :)

htp368

HSC
Hmmmm sometimes you can only hold one scholarship but other times you can have more. It depends on the scholarship though.

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh and btw, check out the societies that UNSW has, moving aside from all the UAC related stuff.

http://www.arc.unsw.edu.au/clublist

Just a note, I am an exec for Pokemon society (secretary), Taiwanese students association (public relations) and Australia China Youth Association (secretary). I used to be a Kpop society exec but I didn't run it this year.

When you guys get into uni, think about getting involved in societies asap (Y)

star2468999

HSC
Hi, I'm hoping to get into unsw Bachelor of Arts to major in psychology, but I dont think I can make the atar cut-off (77.00 incl. bonus points). I think I can get into Social Science (2012 atar cut-off was 75) and then transfer into BA in Semester 2 if my WAM is high enough.

^ Assuming all this goes well, can I still major in psych if i start BA in semester 2 or are majors limited? - and if I can still pick psych as a major in semester 2, will I be starting from the beginning of the course, or jumping in with everyone who started in Semester 1, or would it be better to just start BA(psych) in 2014? ---

really confused at this point, hope you can answer my questions (sorry I've got so many :S)

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I'm hoping to get into unsw Bachelor of Arts to major in psychology, but I dont think I can make the atar cut-off (77.00 incl. bonus points). I think I can get into Social Science (2012 atar cut-off was 75) and then transfer into BA in Semester 2 if my WAM is high enough.

^ Assuming all this goes well, can I still major in psych if i start BA in semester 2 or are majors limited? - and if I can still pick psych as a major in semester 2, will I be starting from the beginning of the course, or jumping in with everyone who started in Semester 1, or would it be better to just start BA(psych) in 2014? ---

really confused at this point, hope you can answer my questions (sorry I've got so many :S)
If you want to do psychology, you may as well transfer into B science (or B science/B social science or w.e.) and major in psych from there. You can't do psych honours through B arts but you certainly can through B science.

As for your situation, you can do so. But if you plan to major in languages then it'll be fucked because everything starts in semester 1. =_=

asdfqwerty

HSC
Oh and btw, check out the societies that UNSW has, moving aside from all the UAC related stuff.

http://www.arc.unsw.edu.au/clublist

Just a note, I am an exec for Pokemon society (secretary), Taiwanese students association (public relations) and Australia China Youth Association (secretary). I used to be a Kpop society exec but I didn't run it this year.

When you guys get into uni, think about getting involved in societies asap (Y)
You had me at 'Pokemon'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)