Formals - 2009 (1 Viewer)

astroe

HSC
This seemed like the most appropriate place to put this, move if necessary.

I was just wondering where you guys out there were going to have your Year 12 Formals.

As for us, we're having it at Nick's at Bondi.
It's $120 a head, after fundraising.
Anyone been there before? LOL.

Initially it was going to be a cruise but that idea eventually.. sank.

PattieBoi

HSC
Nick's is good. Worth every cent!

We're having our formal at The Crowne Plaza on Norwest Blvd.

0hNivlek

HSC
Dockside
$84
October 1st <-- graduation assembly w00t.

Anybody going in limos?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
our formal = EPIC FAIL.

rooty hill RSL
no, u did not just misread that.

rooty hill RSL.

our year co booked it without even asking us first. his reasons were that it was the best place nearby in which our parents could fit as well. yes, our parents are invited. oh and we're not having a DJ, much to the dismay of 99.9999% of our grade. we're having some random band nobodys heard of, and ive seen there song list, they're SHIT. theyre 40 year olds wtf.

you dont suppose if i gathered a bunch of people in my grade who were opposed against this, that i could take it up to the assistant principal or something to protest it, we could get it changed to a DJ? since this band was booked without our knowledge, and as year 12, im pretty sure its OUR choice as far as our LAST school formal goes...

0hNivlek

HSC
our formal = EPIC FAIL.

rooty hill RSL
no, u did not just misread that.

rooty hill RSL.

our year co booked it without even asking us first. his reasons were that it was the best place nearby in which our parents could fit as well. yes, our parents are invited. oh and we're not having a DJ, much to the dismay of 99.9999% of our grade. we're having some random band nobodys heard of, and ive seen there song list, they're SHIT. theyre 40 year olds wtf.

you dont suppose if i gathered a bunch of people in my grade who were opposed against this, that i could take it up to the assistant principal or something to protest it, we could get it changed to a DJ? since this band was booked without our knowledge, and as year 12, im pretty sure its OUR choice as far as our LAST school formal goes...
Wow parents :S

bettina44

HSC
lol the school has nothing to do with ours.
mine is at the waters edge and its sometime in november, 84 bucks a person
any one know if its any good?

astroe

HSC
Nick's is good. Worth every cent!
Glad to know my $120 is going to be worth it. :)

LOL, we're having ours there too. Nov 19th. Ours is like $100, though. I guess that's what you get for having a cohort of 200~.
Haha, cool. :)
We're on Nov 15th. Maybe I'll write a message on the wall or something. :haha:
There's not going to be more than 90 of us I reckon, including dates and teachers, and Year 11. =.=

Limos wouldn't work for us considering many of us are going to go home the day after, so I suppose most of us are driving there ourselves.

Can anyone help me decide what to eat?
My culinary skills go as far as 2-minute-noodles and Restaurant City on Facebook. :haha:
I can't really picture or envision any of the food on this menu.

LOL @ meilz92
ARE YOU FUCKEN KIDDING ME? :haha:
Forget about having an occasion to remember.

The only time we have an occasion with our parents is at the Year 12 Graduation Luncheon, where we get our certificates and stuff.

Last edited:

lychnobity

HSC
lol the school has nothing to do with ours.
mine is at the waters edge and its sometime in november, 84 bucks a person
any one know if its any good?
My school usually has it there, its outside is pretty shit (ie not good for people with cameras, or photographers)

But inside is fairly awesome, nice ambient atmosphere, dance floor isn't too bad, alright views of the surroundings.

Sarebs

HSC
Wowzers, our formal is fairly low key.

It's at the local bowlo, people want to hire a limo but I think hiring a mini bus would be sooo funny. I think we get it free, but guests are like $20 each. And we only get two guests, compared to eight or so each last year :( but compared to everyone else, that's obviously not bad!

We're all pumped for the after party though, everyone else having an after party? Like held at someone's house or block and heaps of people invited?

shady145

Banned
HSC
mines in the middle of first week schoolies, have to come down from there for a few hours and go back to surfers XD i don't know where it is at(not that u's would know places in the north coast XD), what it costs, parents=no... after party = yes =)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lolzies we had ours
it was at some random place in leichardt, cost me 90 bucks (+another 90 for a guest)

it was GREAT OCCASSION...too bad i had a 4u math assessment to think about 2 days after =[[[ lol

but the food was REALLY upperclass...and they give you these TINY TINY portions of it lol i found that quite weird but the rest ROCKED xD

bettina44

HSC
My school usually has it there, its outside is pretty shit (ie not good for people with cameras, or photographers)

But inside is fairly awesome, nice ambient atmosphere, dance floor isn't too bad, alright views of the surroundings.
ahh k guess that doesn't sounds too bad lol

oksteph

HSC
LOL! Oh no :( Rooty Hill RSL?!
Which school do you go to?
Ours is at The Oatlands house in Dundas,
i'm not going though~

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
Can anyone help me decide what to eat?
My culinary skills go as far as 2-minute-noodles and Restaurant City on Facebook. :haha:
I can't really picture or envision any of the food on this menu.
entree - sauteed garlic king prawns with lemon dressing (option b)
main - sirloin beef fillet (option a)
dessert - vanilla panna cotta (option a)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)