frenchy frenchy french. (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
how did everyone find it?

my three day exam run on extreme lack of sleep really screwed me over. hoping for around 90 now, which sucks because i was hoping for 96-97.

ValentinesM

HSC
how did everyone find it?

my three day exam run on extreme lack of sleep really screwed me over. hoping for around 90 now, which sucks because i was hoping for 96-97.
i do the exact same subjects as you.
i didn't like the exam. the listening was very hard.
i'd be happy with 90.

bailey27

HSC
I found the listening quite difficult too- was aiming for 95+ but that seems unlikely now :(
I found reading comprehension manageable, especially the first one. the writing tasks were a gift!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i do the exact same subjects as you.
i didn't like the exam. the listening was very hard.
i'd be happy with 90.
we should totes be besties :) haha. you're the first person i've heard of that does the same subjects :). the listening was hard, that was my undoing though - i wrote down heaps of words that i heard in the listening to try and optimise my marks which meant that i spent about 20 extra minutes on listening - time just flew, i only meant to spend an extra five, and therefore didn't get to finish the last writing task.

I found the listening quite difficult too- was aiming for 95+ but that seems unlikely now :(
I found reading comprehension manageable, especially the first one. the writing tasks were a gift!
yeah i liked the comprehension, and loved the writing tasks but ran out of time :(.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Did the French Beginners exam.

The listening section fucked me over. The rest was okay.

I am horrified at my lack of vocabulary. I was checking my dictionary every few minute ):

Bye bye my 90+

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Did the French Beginners exam.

The listening section fucked me over. The rest was okay.

I am horrified at my lack of vocabulary. I was checking my dictionary every few minute ):

Bye bye my 90+
you'll be right :). haha so was i, but for descriptive words like wonderful and stuff.

Randomist

HSC
That test was ridiculously easy. Anything below a band 6 would be very disappointing.

yaniscool

HSC
yep that was way too easy not even any questions on language techniques in listening/reading comprehension or anything
oh well can't complain :)

bailey27

HSC
That's cos they realised that knowing language techniques won't get you far in France.. So BOS are moving towards testing students on skills that will be valuable for communicating in France.

cdiddy7

HSC
OH MY GOD
I do the same subjects
plus physics
haha
I thought I was a loner
man that test ruined me
i was feeling good too

imalda

HSC
That test was ridiculously easy. Anything below a band 6 would be very disappointing.
yep that was way too easy not even any questions on language techniques in listening/reading comprehension or anything
agree with both of you! :p

the listening was alright, except the last one. but then again i've never liked the last question of any listening exam XDDDD. the rest of the paper was like a gift.

don't think i'll get band 6 though since most people found it pretty easy and we're ranked. i'm not ranked well at school and my school doesnt rank well in this subject either so i basically have no hope T_T at least a high band 4 would be good though

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
there was insinuated language techniques questions, ie, what do we learn about josettes background and attitudes? for four marks, you needed to put quotes in and explain them and stuff, you weren't going to get the four marks by calling her a racist b*tch who needs to get over herself :).

imalda

HSC
there was insinuated language techniques questions, ie, what do we learn about josettes background and attitudes? for four marks, you needed to put quotes in and explain them and stuff, you weren't going to get the four marks by calling her a racist b*tch who needs to get over herself :).
aren't you supposed to quote in practically everyone answer you give though? My teacher always told me it was like English comprehension where you had to provide evidence to back up what you are saying.

EA Barnett

HSC
I found the listening quite hard too. If anything I found the shorter questions harder than the longer ones. I found the three mark questions on the girl in Canada and the gorilla ones really hard.

The rest of the paper I found ok, but you can guarantee that I will lose marks for lots of stuff! At least I finished with half an hour spare to check over the writing tasks.

I think that I did poorly in speaking so there is no chance of a band 6 for me. Hopefully band 5 maybe...

sanssouci

HSC
N/A
I found the listening section pretty difficult, but omg thxgod the rest was pretty easy. I cant believe this exam is worth like the same as modern..it was so easy.. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)