Fuckin young love... (1 Viewer)

XPac2

HSC
Ok so a couple of thirteen year olds were just screaming at each other outside my damn window about the "love" they shared and how they "couldnt believe he'd do that" and that "she thought he loved her" after they'd been together for 3 months so i started thinking... do u guys think that 8th graders reallyknw a thing about love, or are they just blind and stupid?

cassieagill

HSC
they like the idea of love, but don't know anything about it, and so like to pretend that they do

XPac2

HSC
yer i mean wtf are they one? u cant fall in love within three months! u can develop a need to fuck them, but thats not love.

John0

HSC
Ok so a couple of thirteen year olds were just screaming at each other outside my damn window about the "love" they shared and how they "couldnt believe he'd do that" and that "she thought he loved her" after they'd been together for 3 months so i started thinking... do u guys think that 8th graders reallyknw a thing about love, or are they just blind and stupid?
Lol my sisters like this too. imo facebook, myspace etc and the media in general has provided that age group with ways to over dramatise their lives. In short they dont have the maturity to understand wtf there going on about.

XPac2

HSC
Lol my sisters like this too. imo facebook, myspace etc and the media in general has provided that age group with ways to over dramatise their lives. In short they dont have the maturity to understand wtf there going on about.
+1
i think that even shws like home and away and shit teach younger kids bout what love is in the context of a bunch of clearly drug fucked producers. I dnt think that screaming at each other for every little mistake is necessary. And besides, in IRL hw many relationships have one party that os the second cousin twice removed of the mother of the other party?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i would imagine that our parents look at their 18-25 year old kids and think they're full of shit when it comes to love too

we're young and stupid, it's great.

XPac2

HSC
lol looked at the thread in the directory and im tired so i thought it said "fuckin ur inner child" lol

Oliver04

HSC
HSC: 2010.

A body full of hormones and a lot of social changes doesn't mean their feelings or viewpoints are of no value. Show some empathy.

XPac2

HSC
HSC: 2010.

A body full of hormones and a lot of social changes doesn't mean their feelings or viewpoints are of no value. Show some empathy.
I never said their viewpoints were of no value. But u cant truly understand love until ur frontal lobe is at least 60% developed, which doesnt occur to on average, 15 years of age.

Andi0390

HSC
I think one of the characteristics of love is that it can't be practically defined and can only be recognised whilst under its influence, or after - depending on your level of personal insight and ability to reflect.

Its become another word, but when evaluating the concept of love it really was only ever just a word. So people should be able to use it as they choose. If love is a word then how can anyone ever say that people are not really in love, because its just a word to describe a concept which no one can really define and characterise in anyway other than its indefinability.

The moral of this is kids are stupid.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
The alternative is that you could tell them to shut the fuck up.

It's simple but effective really?

Oliver04

HSC
I never said their viewpoints were of no value. But u cant truly understand love until ur frontal lobe is at least 60% developed, which doesnt occur to on average, 15 years of age.
sounds like you're talking out your ass.

Maturity varies. Don't dismiss people on the basis of age.

XPac2

HSC
sounds like you're talking out your ass.

Maturity varies. Don't dismiss people on the basis of age.
Actually a paramedic told me all of this during health education seminar week. Its only an average, but these kids dnt understand what they're on about.

Oliver04

HSC
Actually a paramedic told me all of this during health education seminar week. Its only an average, but these kids dnt understand what they're on about.
Wow, the opinions of a paramedic on neurology...

If its the average then, and you accept their are exceptions why not just show everyone a level of respect so that those who are mature enough are treated fairly?

You know what I'm getting at here.

samthebear

HSC
i doubt a couple of 13 year olds know what it actually means to 'love' what they think is 'love' is just infatuation. and you know what they say about infatuation! its only a fine line between obsession and simply being carried away with lust.

People mature differently but srsly, 13 year olds mature? pull the other.

love =/= lust or obsession

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i think they're too immature to know what they're talking about. it would just be lust/obsession.

although, it would be interesting to know people's opinions on how old you have to be to truly feel love? and how long into a relationship? on average. i'd quote previous posts but i cbb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)