Fuckin young love... (1 Viewer)

jaylove

Banned
HSC
Lol,

if i can admit that im too young to differentiate between love or a crush (mind you, im 17 turning 18) then... a 15 year old being inlove?... err... ummmm....

hmmm.....

Fat chance :)

just like someone mentioned earlier, i reckon its the TV shows that are responsible for the stupidity of those 15 year olds.

they probably watch home and away or neighbors and think ''ahhh, i wish i had that kind of drama in my life... hey, why don't i just go out with some guy and then when we break up i can totally chuck a tanty and make myself look like i'm mature and i'm going through real love" :)

lol,

poor things.

they have a longgggggggggg way to go to discovering love :)

stereoheart

HSC
Ok so a couple of thirteen year olds were just screaming at each other outside my damn window about the "love" they shared and how they "couldnt believe he'd do that" and that "she thought he loved her" after they'd been together for 3 months so i started thinking... do u guys think that 8th graders reallyknw a thing about love, or are they just blind and stupid?
blind and stupid!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok so a couple of thirteen year olds were just screaming at each other outside my damn window about the "love" they shared and how they "couldnt believe he'd do that" and that "she thought he loved her" after they'd been together for 3 months so i started thinking... do u guys think that 8th graders reallyknw a thing about love, or are they just blind and stupid?
romeo and juliet were 13

Lentern

HSC
romeo and juliet were 13
Juliet was 13, Romeo was substantially older. The youngest I've heard seriously suggested was 15 though most people seem to suggest he was around twenty. Germaine Greer likened him to the equivalent of an honours student seeking out some pretty, nervous and giggling first year student to hit on.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Juliet was 13, Romeo was substantially older. The youngest I've heard seriously suggested was 15 though most people seem to suggest he was around twenty. Germaine Greer likened him to the equivalent of an honours student seeking out some pretty, nervous and giggling first year student to hit on.
But it's uni - no one really does that age distinction thing.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I think it would be an even larger gap than that

Lentern

HSC
I think it would be an even larger gap than that
It certainly could have been, notably Anne Hathaway was eight years older than Shakespeare. I think they construe the age of 20 from the way Romeo spoke and behaved and that if a 24/25 year old had been behaving like that you would have called them immature and dopey and it wouldn't really fit in within the framework of the romantic heartthrob.

Last edited:

stereoheart

HSC
the point is, they are fictional so whatever they did doesnt really matter.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
the point is, they are fictional so whatever they did doesnt really matter.
It was probably based on relationships at that time where 13 year olds were falling in love just like now where there are movies about shit like teen pregnancy.

Lentern

HSC
It was probably based on relationships at that time where 13 year olds were falling in love just like now where there are movies about shit like teen pregnancy.
Yeeeeesssss but probably more 15-16 year old girls getting married off to 22/23 year old boys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)