• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gaining Weight (2 Viewers)

Luke_D

HSC
Very true haha. I tried it for the first time today and it's tiring as hell. It is a big workout, maybe too much, but I'm giving it a shot.

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
I found the bodybuilding.com articles to be great, never went to the forums, since I just assumed(as is the course with most net forums) that everyones a prick.

And would all these gronks coming in here and saying things like 'eat maccas and dont exercise' just fuck off and die please? Thank you.

Luke_D

HSC
DJ_Cam said:
I found the bodybuilding.com articles to be great, never went to the forums, since I just assumed(as is the course with most net forums) that everyones a prick.

And would all these gronks coming in here and saying things like 'eat maccas and dont exercise' just fuck off and die please? Thank you.
Word :)

What's your opinion on an opposing muscles workout DJ Cam?

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
Nooo!!

if i miss out on one week or two of the gym , will i lose Gains?/ nooooooooooooo!!!!

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
not really..... just keep up kilojoule intake, do a little bit of cardio... i havet been going to the gym much in the last few months, about once evry 2 weeks, and i still maintain muscle mass, but i also have rugby training, where we do a lot of cardio and fartlek training.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
I have a sore throat though thats why

i feel it really isnt going to help if i do gym

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
heheh sore throat, best excuse ive ever heard for not going to the gym

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i ended up exchanging the creatine i got for:
Vital Strength Nutraceuticals
Micronised Creatine Monhydrate

Better?
Any opinions?
Should i drink it with apple juice?

shortie_689

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
i ended up exchanging the creatine i got for:
Vital Strength Nutraceuticals
Micronised Creatine Monhydrate

Better?
Any opinions?
Should i drink it with apple juice?
did u ever use the creatine... I had a friend who used creatine and with a workout he ended up looking like shit like he couldnt bring his arms next to his body he had done so much damage to his muscles...
are u trying to put on weight or build up muscle?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shortie_689 said:
did u ever use the creatine... I had a friend who used creatine and with a workout he ended up looking like shit like he couldnt bring his arms next to his body he had done so much damage to his muscles...
are u trying to put on weight or build up muscle?
i have never used it thus far.
I am trying to do both put on weight and muscle. I think your friend's example is a bit extreme and it may have come with excessive overuse and too much weights.

shortie_689

HSC
oh i know he is a freak... the safest way to do it is through protein shakes an the likes... the same situation as my bf he is desperately trying to put on weight and it is not working for some people there is just nothing that u can do

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shortie_689 said:
oh i know he is a freak... the safest way to do it is through protein shakes an the likes... the same situation as my bf he is desperately trying to put on weight and it is not working for some people there is just nothing that u can do
no. that is untrue. everyone can put on weight. Well, unless they have an anorexic/bulemic condition but even then weight gains are possible.
The safest way isnt through protein shakes. The safest way is through a healthy diet. Also, protein doesnt necessary increase weight. hell, look at the attkins diet.
However, for people who wish to attain faster gains, require a greater amount of protein for muscle building, are ectomorphic in body size... etc. it is necessary to use supplementation.
Your boyfriend will be able to notice small gains after 1-2 weeks if he breaks up his meals into 6, and eats more during those meals. An effective strategy is to take a protein/carb weight gain formula some time in the arvo. I recommend weights as well, as muscle weighs more than fat as we have all learned by now. It will also stop him farting from excess protein.

shortie_689

HSC
well my bf goes to the gym every single day to do weights...
and i havent noticed him farting all that much...
but he eats like a horse he eats so damn much an still puts on no weight so its actually is physically possible for someone to not put on weight..
and people with anorexia or bulimia the minute they start eating they will put on weight in particularly through fluid...
Protein shakes is the safest way if u want to build healthy muscle through supplementation... they have found that other suppliments like creatine and others of the sort are now considered to be bad for u...
But hey we could disagree for ages on this... But if you think about it everyone is gonna be different I mean each person could put on weight from a different group like carbos, or protein or fat... I mean if u think about it some people dont put weight on when they eat a lot of fat so if u think about it everyone is different

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shortie_689 said:
well my bf goes to the gym every single day to do weights...
and i havent noticed him farting all that much...
but he eats like a horse he eats so damn much an still puts on no weight so its actually is physically possible for someone to not put on weight..
and people with anorexia or bulimia the minute they start eating they will put on weight in particularly through fluid...
Protein shakes is the safest way if u want to build healthy muscle through supplementation... they have found that other suppliments like creatine and others of the sort are now considered to be bad for u...
But hey we could disagree for ages on this... But if you think about it everyone is gonna be different I mean each person could put on weight from a different group like carbos, or protein or fat... I mean if u think about it some people dont put weight on when they eat a lot of fat so if u think about it everyone is different
The have found that creatine and other supplements of the sort are bad for you? Who has found this? The mainstream media? They are always right. I'm sorry but that was really ignorant.
Perhaps then he should vary his exercise routine as anyone can indeed put on weight. it is about finding the right balance of foods and exercise.

shortie_689

HSC
u refuse to be wrong dont u...
it was the scientists that found the beginning of the evidence that shows its not all too good for u...
he has been tryin everything for years to make an attempt to gain weight...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shortie_689 said:
u refuse to be wrong dont u...
it was the scientists that found the beginning of the evidence that shows its not all too good for u...
he has been tryin everything for years to make an attempt to gain weight...
yes i do refuse to be wrong. Which 'scientists' found out that its not good for you? Creatine is a naturally occuring substance. Your body produces it for high-mid intensity activity. If you boost creatine levels and hydrate yourself properly and still eat a balanced diet it poses no real risk. One of the worst things about it, is that the creatine you buy is artificially derived, just like the protein in most protein shakes.
So for years he has remained on exactly the same weight? Perhaps he is not dedicated enough to weight gain and may try one thing for 2 days and then try another.
I thought i could not gain any weight and be stuck on under 50kg. I have a fast metabolism and could eat KFC every day and not gain a pound. Then i completely changed my diet, started doing weights, became commited to gaining weight. Less than 2 months in and I'm at 55kg. This is especially surprising considering im suffering from ectomorphy and have an incrediblly fast metabolsim

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh and im sorry that im standing my point, but i hate it when people think they know much more then they do. For example, in this thread i never claim that i know the reality. People like melbournian KD_dragon (dont think thats the correct nick) etc actually know what theyre talking about.

You come in saying "creatine is bad. it made my friend unable to put his arms close to his body. it is impossible for some to gain weight. protein shakes are the safest way to gain weight"

shortie_689

HSC
thats all good but are u rude about everything... well all i know was that when my counsin was in the first 15 at knox scientists came to them sayin to stop usin creatine cause it was bad for u... thats all

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shortie_689 said:
thats all good but are u rude about everything... well all i know was that when my counsin was in the first 15 at knox scientists came to them sayin to stop usin creatine cause it was bad for u... thats all
i think its pretty obvious why they would spread that message, don't you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)