• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

GENERAL BIO DISCUSSION (1 Viewer)

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
wtf my smart friend is messaging me saying shes crying over bio stfu she gets like in the 90's i should be crying i get in the 60s

@SadCeliac for mod 7 when u look at plant and animal disease, do u do one each or two

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
wtf my smart friend is messaging me saying shes crying over bio stfu she gets like in the 90's i should be crying i get in the 60s

@SadCeliac for mod 7 when u look at plant and animal disease, do u do one each or two
i assume you mean infectious diseases???

plant: panama disease
animal: footrot or malaria or influenza idrk like most IDs that we learnt about are animal related

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
i assume you mean infectious diseases???

plant: panama disease
animal: footrot or malaria or influenza idrk like most IDs that we learnt about are animal related
ok ty, my teacher said that because the syllabus dot point says "diseases", we have to know 2 each (2 for plant and 2 for animal), but like i cbb

anyway whats an easy trial im kinda bored and tired

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
bruh im scared theyre gonna go super content heavy this year and I'll drop heaps of marks so just hoping for another skills exam like last years

synthesisFR

HSC
bruh im scared theyre gonna go super content heavy this year and I'll drop heaps of marks so just hoping for another skills exam like last years
I hated that skills exam I was so unprepared for it
Content exam would have been so much better I had every nook and cranny of the syllabus memorised

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
I hated that skills exam I was so unprepared for it
Content exam would have been so much better I had every nook and cranny of the syllabus memorised
Hahaha yeah I s'pose, my rote learning is not that good so I usually just go off my intuition (which normally works alright), but this year especially I've been grinding out memorisation for bio chem eng and sor, which has been painful but paying off a lot. Either way I feel like I don't have a complete grasp on the syllabus despite having all the key concepts down and a really good working knowledge of everything, its mainly just examples that i struggle with which is pretty stupid but yeah. Also the intricacies of feedback loops, polypeptide synthesis and stuff i might drop a few marks at least I have a few weeks to do 10-15 more papers and smash this stupid exam hahaha

synthesisFR

HSC
Yeah good plan it’s worth doing past papers to see where u consistently drop marks/ what u don’t know
I think I did about 6 papers max bc I was lazy and just spent more time memorising which in hindsight was stupid to do
Since u could get long answers from anything u should sit down with the syllabus and mark whatever dotpoints u would not be able to explain in that much detail and work on those

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
i hope the only mod 8 questions are graphs please please please please plaease plaeapsle plaess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)