General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

tox

HSC
subhuman-89 said:
I understand exactly where you are coming from, but I don't think there is anything wrong with people sharing their thoughts on the exam.
Yeppp. =)

subhuman-89 said:
Not everyone has said that they have aced the exam anyway.
Although I have found that the majority of people who post in the forum are dedicated students who do well anyway. =D Not to say that people who don't post arn't dedicated, that would be completely untrue.
Although this is definately not the case for Ext English tomorrow. I am royally screwed xD I really should start studying..

subhuman-89

HSC
tox said:
Although this is definately not the case for Ext English tomorrow. I am royally screwed xD I really should start studying..
Don't worry too much. I'm sure you deserve a break from study anyway. My best friend had ancient today and has ext english in the morning as well, he isn't studying until just before he goes to bed, if that makes you feel any better. =)

itscatnip

HSC
simonelye said:
Okay.
I Honestly too do not see how it is possible to get a band 6 by leaving early. Thats bullshit. im assessed second. and All us top ten kids wrote the entire exam! To have well planned, well answered, detailed responses you cannot leave early and still expect a band 6.
it is stupid.

Oh and how can you not have known to ask for more paper?
Every single guidelines from the marking centre have said 'many opted to go to an extra book' and such.
I filled almost an extra 2 books for pompeii.
i mean 10 marks on archaologists cannot hardly come from a page and a half unless you write teeny.
which not many people do.
You should have just asked your supervisors for more paper.
Honestly.
most schools are taught that.
I dont know why yours didnt.

=/

Oh well.
Ancients overrrr
thought i was gunna be sick this morning
cos of nerves.
But survived
=]
dude wtf get that pole out of your ass... if you couldnt get full marks for filling up just those pages, they would have given us a whole lot more. its quality, not quantity!

and also to that other guy, you dont have to pay top dollar to get good teachers... public school with several senior markers in the history department and the top none selective co-ed school in the state so take your several grand a year and shove it where the sun dont shine.

but yeah agree with pretty much everyone about the leaving early thing.

Last edited:

Floydy

HSC
Was really nervous, I didn't have much revision time because of my exam
timetable.

For me all sections were quite easy, especially Hatshepsut as both questions were almost identical to our assignment on that topic. I'd say almost everyone finished early at my school. I know I was looking good for time straight from the start, but chose to use that extra time to put more into the essay response.

Only disappointment was I didn't get to use much of my good essay on the Delian league (Greek period 500-440) because the question was quite abstract. However, I'd written that question down in my book as the teachers wrote it on the board (makes me think she made that question.. she said she didn't) so I was quite surprised it showed up, but pleased nevertheless eheh. So basically my school set us up really well, having picked 2 questions almost word for word ha ha.

Hope same things happens for english extension tomorrow..

Last edited:

darrynXtreem

HSC
itscatnip said:
and also to that other guy, you dont have to pay top dollar to get good teachers... public school with several senior markers in the history department and the top none selective co-ed school in the state so take your several grand a year and shove it where the sun dont shine.
While I admit there are some rare exceptions, Killara, my friend, is not one of them. If you guys were as great as you thought you were, you might get on with being great and stop writing to the North Shore Times about it. We pay top dollar for a good reason, and that's to be away from this public school filth. We get the best and are the best because we can afford it.

When you get even a fraction of the money that would be required to fill up your fat arse, then you get back to us. Until then, go vote for Rudd.

bored6

HSC
darrynXtreem said:
While I admit there are some rare exceptions, Killara, my friend, is not one of them. If you guys were as great as you thought you were, you might get on with being great and stop writing to the North Shore Times about it. We pay top dollar for a good reason, and that's to be away from this public school filth. We get the best and are the best because we can afford it.

When you get even a fraction of the money that would be required to fill up your fat arse, then you get back to us. Until then, go vote for Rudd.
booo!! Hiss !! evil north shore sheltered boy!!!

samuel slack

HSC
Loltroll. Darryn- if you can't stand us public school filth, kindly fuck off... and make sure you post the UAI you get, because I would love to see some of the public school kids' UAI's compared to yours... enjoy your fail. at life.

darrynXtreem

HSC
samuel slack said:
if you can't stand us public school filth, kindly fuck off...
Don't hate me because you ain't me.

samuel slack said:
make sure you post the UAI you get, because I would love to see some of the public school kids' UAI's compared to yours... enjoy your fail. at life.
What many of you don't understand is that despite the fact my UAI will be higher than all of yours', the UAI doesn't really matter anyway. It's just a system for dumb, impoverished public school filth to try and work their way up in life. Even if I were to get a sub-standard UAI, it wouldn't matter because I can afford to pay full-fees if I wanted to go university, bu more to the point, I don't even need to go to university because I have all the affluence and connections anyone would ever need.

If you want to tell people they've failed at life, please, and I say this with a degree of sympathy, please look at yourself first. When your pov-arse dad gets his centrelink payment every fornight, he takes you guys out to McDonalds. Real schmick... You know the only reason he takes you there, is so he can take the toys from the Happy Meal to give to you for Christmas.

I'd rather have my life anyday, thanks very much.

samuel slack

HSC
Meh, we'll see.

Just post your UAI when you get it, should be a good bit of comic relief, not that you'd post what you really got anyway.

And lol, yeah I'm sure we'd all like to be you... Arrogant, pretentious knobs.

Thankyou for your sympathy... However, it's you who deserves pity, because all your "affluence and connections" will never make up for the fact that you're a wanker.

signed,
Public School filth. :)

tox

HSC
darrynXtreem said:

What many of you don't understand is that despite the fact my UAI will be higher than all of yours', the UAI doesn't really matter anyway. It's just a system for dumb, impoverished public school filth to try and work their way up in life. Even if I were to get a sub-standard UAI, it wouldn't matter because I can afford to pay full-fees if I wanted to go university, bu more to the point, I don't even need to go to university because I have all the affluence and connections anyone would ever need.

If you want to tell people they've failed at life, please, and I say this with a degree of sympathy, please look at yourself first. When your pov-arse dad gets his centrelink payment every fornight, he takes you guys out to McDonalds. Real schmick... You know the only reason he takes you there, is so he can take the toys from the Happy Meal to give to you for Christmas.

It's people like you who give private schools a bad rep. I go to a private school, and I am personally disgusted by your views.

The fact that you are actually PROUD that you don't need the abilities to get into a university course, that you are PROUD that your mommy and daddy would pay your way through life, is horrendous. There are many people out there, both public and private schooled, who I can genuinely say deserve that position much more than you do, but your financial status, your "affluence and connections" helps you cheat your way in.

When your daddy pays for you to go to university, pulls connections for you to get an awesome job that somebody else deserves, I hope you someday realise what an arrogant man you are. The world could do with many, many less people like you.

subhuman-89

HSC
darrynXtreem said:

You are so right...

You are spot on there.

*rolls eyes*

Everybody who doesn't earn as much as your precious mummy and daddy (Note, it's not what YOU are earning... is it? Besides, who'll expect you to, you were born rich!) are just below you? Arn't they?

Good luck with buying yourself some life experience and some social skills. This isn't the way to treat people you know? Step into the REAL world where the majority of the population lives.

I'm not extremely rich, but at least I can be happy without have to put down those who arn't as wealthy.

Get a REAL life.

hamsta

HSC
ey darryn go fuck urself. u got money but i bet ur parents are fkn dickheads who think theyre mad at evrything which has obviously rubbed off on u. stupid privo dickheads go crawl into a hole and die. we aint poor cos we go to public schools u cock we just dont wanna associate ourselves with cunt rashes like u.
yeh anyway abt ancient, pretty crap exam.....asked the same shit as last year for Peloponnesian Wars.

nick1689

HSC
tox said:
It's people like you who give private schools a bad rep. I go to a private school, and I am personally disgusted by your views.

The fact that you are actually PROUD that you don't need the abilities to get into a university course, that you are PROUD that your mommy and daddy would pay your way through life, is horrendous. There are many people out there, both public and private schooled, who I can genuinely say deserve that position much more than you do, but your financial status, your "affluence and connections" helps you cheat your way in.

When your daddy pays for you to go to university, pulls connections for you to get an awesome job that somebody else deserves, I hope you someday realise what an arrogant man you are. The world could do with many, many less people like you.
OFT. I also go to a private school, and I feel the exact same way.

Last edited:

darrynXtreem

HSC
tox said:

It's rubbish like this that ensures you are not really worthy of your position in a private school. You don't sound like a pure-blood to me, and as far as we're concerned you got go live and breed with the public school filth. You're a disgrace to the private education system.

DazzaX

subhuman-89

HSC
darrynXtreem said:
It's rubbish like this that ensures you are not really worthy of your position in a private school. You don't sound like a pure-blood to me, and as far as we're concerned you got go live and breed with the public school filth. You're a disgrace to the private education system.

DazzaX
Ok... I'm sorry everyone but I cannot take this person seriously anymore. Everything he is saying is just rediculous to the point where I can't tell if he is for real or just joking. "pure-bloods" Are you for real? Obviously a reference to Harry Potter, but you can't seriously beleive an idea such as that?

Please, just leave so that everyone else can get on talking about Ancient History, instead of how AWFUL you are.

tox

HSC
darrynXtreem said:

DazzaX
Ooh look he's a racist too! Yes actaully, I'm not one of your "pure-bloods", I'm Chinese =) and rather bloody proud of it.

I assure you that my parents worked very hard to afford for me to go to a private school. They did not however, choose to send me there for pompous, dickheaded reasons like yours.

And I'm quite happy to "live and breed" with public schools. Many of my best friends are from them, as well as my boyfriend.

I assure you the private education system is already well tainted by your completely ridiculous ego which is the size of the Pacific Ocean. If being "pure-blood" comes with the cost of being arrogant, tactless and belonging in an ancient xenophobic society, I choose not to participate. Thanks!

itscatnip

HSC
darrynXtreem said:

yep and that would be why people buy property in killara purely to get their kids into the school.... and why we had people who topped two subjects in the state last year. and why we have a whole heap of private schoolers who realise that us 'public school filth' arent so bad after all. anyway just cause we're public schoolers doesnt mean we're dirt poor, just means we realised that the private school education isnt worth the money your parents waste on it. (btw im not against all private schoolers or the system, just ones that think theyre better than public schoolers)
and yeah that north shore times call was much funnier the first time i read it on the lightbulb joke....

Last edited:

tox

HSC
subhuman-89 said:
Please, just leave so that everyone else can get on talking about Ancient History, instead of how AWFUL you are.
Haha i agree, I shall stop provoking his poor tainted soul. I did mange to slip the word ancient into the last post though! =)

daponisher

HSC
I agree this test was piss easy.

Cssa trial was 1000 times harder and i hit a 92 there so hopefully i will hit a 97/8 for this exam. Feel really confident about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)