General Thoughts - Biology (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
Re: how did you go?

always.dreaming said:
He doesn't actually do bio...so just ignore his posts in this section (he seems nice enough everywhere else he posts though).

The scans if anyone was interested: here :)
Lol thanks.

Takuto

HSC
nymphae said:
The communication 6-marker was... odd. We talked about it with my teacher afterwards, and all he could say was: "secondary sources. research. dissection. throw sound at it." Which is what I wrote, so... whatevs.
throw sound at it?? LOL

i was going to say something like that

but then like, how do you even observe if its taking the sound in

ahmad.aamir

HSC

lepellillow said:
what about the question about disease in tasmanian devils? i was like uhhhh everything i know is to prevent human disease and so all i did was say you could use quarantine and etc but its expensive and you can't control wild populations... and then said get heaps of the non-diseased animals and stick them in captivity til the disease goes away so the species will still survive lol

but what is a good answer??
I said to investigate, process and analyse the disease in other words, use the epidemiology studies to figure out the disease? Did i do it right?

emiliehearts

HSC
firstly. everyone that is boasting their "Oh i definately got band six" "I so know im getting 99".
fuck off.
the only reason you fucking say that shit is to rub it in other peoples faces.
that test was a piece of shit.
it was nothing like the past papers formats.
there were hardly any questions lower than three marks.
i studied so hard for that exam and it didn't even ask half the shit.
there was pretty much no point in us studying for search for better health.
fuck off bio.

hotak2

HSC
ur all sad cunts it was hard exam, did u even look at the value of the marks, you had to be very precise nd most people just kept writing without thinking

Takuto

HSC
hotak2 said:
ur all sad cunts it was hard exam, did u even look at the value of the marks, you had to be very precise nd most people just kept writing without thinking
nah they are hardcore nerds

i bet they wrote 5 pages on relevant info

Takuto

HSC

ahmad.aamir said:
I said to investigate, process and analyse the disease in other words, use the epidemiology studies to figure out the disease? Did i do it right?
i did that too, quarantine and epidemiological study

Takuto

HSC
emiliehearts said:
firstly. everyone that is boasting their "Oh i definately got band six" "I so know im getting 99".
fuck off.
the only reason you fucking say that shit is to rub it in other peoples faces.
that test was a piece of shit.
it was nothing like the past papers formats.
there were hardly any questions lower than three marks.
i studied so hard for that exam and it didn't even ask half the shit.
there was pretty much no point in us studying for search for better health.
fuck off bio.
ahh dont worry lol

i gotta agree with u.. the questions were so different, not as 'technical' as the other years.. i didnt even study and could answer most of it

what mark are u hoping for?

hotbabe4u

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

In the whole 6 is C or D debate, what happened to A?
Aren't all mammals endotherms? I checked on the web and it seems as such. Can someone please clarify.

Sorry if I'm way off :S

Takuto

HSC
hotbabe4u said:
Hey guys,

In the whole 6 is C or D debate, what happened to A?
Aren't all mammals endotherms? I checked on the web and it seems as such. Can someone please clarify.

Sorry if I'm way off :S
my bad, its wrong lol

the answer just said

'it was not a mammal; ectotherm'

there are animals which are not mammals and endotherms

Last edited:

sarah.ireland

HSC

samjohnno91 said:
thats biology lol. i think i did quite well, hoping for a 90. i only think i got the last MC wrong by accident and the thing that ticked me a bit was the biotech question on the sour dough used as a 'starter' for the next mixture/batch of bread. sorta bullshitted a bit, talking about the prac where we made bread. it was yummy!:)
lol yeah same pretty much. was a bit of a gay question tho

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
100% sure answer is D...

>_>

let the animal be a snake...if temp increases around it, IT will increase...it cannot hide in any shade to reduce its temp, so it has no choice but to absorb the dam heat, and this increase its temp.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Takuto said:
throw sound at it?? LOL

i was going to say something like that

but then like, how do you even observe if its taking the sound in
throw sound at it...like a huge surge of loud sound. whilst throwing sound, observe any twitches in its knees, or the way it moves etc.

step 2:

rip off its dam legs so it has no "apparent" tympanic. throw sound again. record observations of the way it moves...if it doesnt react, then we know where the membrane is :) if it does, then shit, we're wrong.

chomp

HSC
For the tympannic membrane one the source part was easy... it was just asking about like how to ensure you get areliable source etc.
But i completely stuffed up the experiement part... I said model it through a 3d model i.e at the tympannic mebrane it vibrates when sound gets to it etc... epic fail for that part of it

Dyne

HSC
Didn't realise the red blood cells were MM... but i said it wasn't accurate...the white blood cells were bigger than the red ones if i recall correctly.... So probably scrape a few marks anyway

And for the endo/ecto multichoice question I barely thought about it and just chose '37 degrees'. I'm pretty sure I got all the rest of the multi-choice right though.

I said that phloem was the sieve tubes I said the other were the packing cells... I don't know if the second one was right, and I ripped up all my notes lol

I was really happy with the exam overall though.

danz90

HSC
out of curiosity

for that 4 mark graph question, did you guys do a CURVE of best fit, because it was obviously a curved pattern, not linear.

When i extrapolated, I got 4.5uM/sec/g as the enzyme activity at 75 substrate concentration.. did anyone get around that oo?
I think they'll accept a certain range of values.

Also, i put dependent variable (enzyme activity) on y-axis, and the independent on x-axis.... this is right isnt it?

dolbinau

HSC
Yes that's right. I think I put 4.4 down for the activity but I'm sure the markers will obviously see we understand that there will be a limit. It also should have been a curve IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)